Following On To Know The Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When yielding to the Holy Spirit, it is the same as 'allow this mind to be in you.' How is that? The Holy Spirit is going to lead you into the mind of Christ, teach you Christ. When you read Paul - his epistles - you are reading the mind of Christ. The Spirit will teach you. The most important thing he can show you is; Paul has the message to the born again. In other words - it was Jesus Christ who gave Paul the final gospel; to give to you and I..all humanity has the same opportunity. That is what is written, but for some odd reason we cannot do that.

Whosoever will, come and drink of this water freely! and that only comes in Paul's message (gospel). Don't get me wrong, people get upset when you pin point very specifics in scripture. You can read anywhere in your bible because it is all the written word of God for us, just not all to us as a specific message. But what happens is..if you know what to read, or where to go to read what is written directly to you, and rightly divide scripture as scripture says to do..it takes on new light for you. It is what is referred to as; Rightly dividing the word of truth.

I understand when it is said there is more than one gospel in scripture and people get upset, and someone comes back with; 'no there is only one gospel.' Well that doesn't hold water because Paul says in Gal. 1:8-9, that another gospel exists. So that doesn't hold water to say only one gospel exsists.
That is really not even what is being said when we make the statement that there is 'more than one gospel' in written scripture. What is meant by that is; in the simplest of terms is; when God spoke to Adam, or Noah, Abraham, Moses, and so on. It was a specific message he gave them for their time, and so it is referred to as a gospel. Not like our gospel, but a gospel message for their time. Can you see that, you understand that.

Those that are hungry for the things of God, really need to sit and hear the scriptures taught and laid out so they can have a good understanding of how they are put together. That is what a bible student is; those with a hunger for the things of God and are willing to get understanding, and are willing to sit and listen and learn, learning how to read and study their bible. It is not a hard book to understand but we make it hard.. Satan deception or whatever you want to call it, keeps believers in the dark. Seeing through a glass darkly scripture says.. but it exists. Believers are afraid to move in God, they are deceived into thinking; moving in God is opening themselves up to the devil. The thing they fear.. is what comes on them! they are afraid to get caught up in something, and that is exactly what happens..they are snared by their own words. Caught by religion!

You want a religion check:

" see what is going through your mind right now; are the words you are hearing right now words of - "oh I dont know you may get deceived - or you better guard what you know and understand as truth - remember all the times you were warned not to venture to far because deception will over take you..think about all the cults. "
That is what snares believers..their fear!

Satan is always trying to hold us back from the deep things of God. He has no other power over you but to hold you back from moving on in God, and growing up into him!

I'm still curious how we are going to be deceived and go off the deep end. What is that, anyone have the answer to that. Where would you go! I've often wondered. What is the deep end. I know all the religious answers, but believers have to be lead into the thing's of God. How is the Holy Spirit going to lead you and you cannot get out of a little box you create for yourself, to be lead.

I remember the old saying "I have a made up mind to serve Jesus..to follow Jesus." but what most are saying is; I believe our doctrine and nothing else. Like God has never had new light to shed on the Holy scriptures. It is like someone saying - I got it and there is nothing else that can come from what is written. If you do not watch yourself, you can get caught in the trap of; this is what is written this is what I believe I have it figured out and nothing else can come out of them.

It would be a good Sunday school class to sit and listen to the scriptures rightly divided.. for several weeks on end - but it doesn't happen like that. Only when believers get hungry enough for the thing's of God will they find out. It is usually on their own, and by the help of the Spirit. It won't come through what you hear in most religious class rooms. You get doctrine and it usually stops there. There is no; this is how to read your bible. That doesn't happen!

Reactions: amadeus

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep . Paul preached the identical gospel that JESUS DID , that peter and james and others did .
Cling to the LORD and learn all those letters well .
Twisting nor omitting any of them . Embrace every word james wrote , peter wrote , john wrote
paul wrote , and JESUS said . Omitting none of it . Cling and embrace it all . KEEP by the One TRUE SPIRIT
the pure truth upon the heart .