For dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back to the lesson....Let's check out a few more Psalm. Psalm 6:5 For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks? Was that hard to understand? No. If you are dead you have no wisdom, no knowledge, no memory who can you praise? No one. Here is another Psalm.

Psalm 115:17 The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.

This verse clarifies the 6th Psalm. David and Solomon are consistent.

Let's go to another Prophet, the Prophet Isaiah and see what he has to say about this subject.
Isaiah 38:18 For the grave cannot praise thee, death can not celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth. 19 The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day: the father to the children shall make known thy truth.

The Prophet Isaiah confirmed what David and Solomon said. "For the grave cannot praise thee, death can not celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth". Does anything else need to be said? This is very clear. Look at verse 19. The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day: the father to the children shall make known thy truth. While you are alive you can praise the Lord.

Let’s go to the Prophet Job and see if he knows anything about this subject.

Job 14:1 Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble. 2 He cometh forth like a flower, and is cut down: he fleeth also as a shadow, and continueth not.

Remember what Solomon said? Let's take another look. Ecclesiastes 9:3 This is an evil among all things that are done under the sun, that there is one event unto all: yea, also the heart of the sons of men is full of evil, and madness is in their heart while they live, and after that they go to the dead. Job said basically, "Man that is born of a woman is of few days and full of trouble". Each day you walk with God there is a war going on within your mind. Trying your best to keep this flesh body under control, trying to walk in the Lord's law, that is the trouble you encounter. If some one says it is easy that's a lie. You must walk in his power (His Word), to stay strong. You have a powerful adversary, and who is that? You. Pay close attention!

Job 14:10 But man dieth, and wasteth away: yea, man giveth up the ghost, and where is he? 11 As the waters fail from the sea, and the flood decayeth and drieth up: 12 So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.

What does Job mean by this statement, "Till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep." Let's take a look at this for a moment. Listen carefully to Peter. II Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Look at the statement Peter made, "in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise". If the "heavens" shall pass away, going to the third heaven is a myth. Peter says it again. II Peter 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?. When Job said, "So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep,” he knew exactly what he was talking about.

Notice something else, "they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.” When will they awake? I Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. At the last trump the dead or those asleep shall be raised. Look like the Prophets and the Apostles are consistent. We move to the book of Revelation.

This set of verses may sound contradictory, and if they are, we might as well throw the Bible out the back door. So far we have found out that the dead are still in the grave, they have no thoughts, no wisdom and knowledge. We also found that the heavens will be no more. Pay very close attention to John, he's letting you know something very important. Once you understand what he is saying there is no contradiction.

All of these verses are speaking of the mortal flesh of mankind. But man is made of both body and spirit. None of these verses address what becomes of man's spirit when their bodies become a corpse. It is the spirit, because it is the breath of life, that gives life to our mortal human bodies. The body of flesh for all mankind shall not be awakened from death until the last trumpet sounds in an hour coming when time given this earth shall be no longer. The spirit in man indwelt with the Holy Spirit from Christ is eternally alive for whosoever lives and believes in Christ.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 (KJV) Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

None of these verses sound contradictory when we realize that physical death comes to all humanity. But death of the physical body, since the advent of Christ coming to earth a man, is not death of the spirit of those who have died with the Spirit of Christ. Scripture assures us that when we have the Spirit sent from Christ in us, He will not depart from us before we have been physically resurrected immortal and incorruptible. Which is our inheritance, the redemption of our physical body, that Christ purchased with His blood. He will be with us alway, even to the end of the world/age. Through His Spirit in us, Christ will never leave nor forsake us until we are made whole again through our eternal spirit, returned with Christ, and a body resurrected immortal & incorruptible. Believers need have no fear of physical death, knowing that death of our body is not the end, but rather a new beginning of life with Christ spiritually alive in heaven. We simply transition from this physical world of mortal death and suffering, to be a spiritual body of believers in heaven.

John 6:63 (KJV) It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Ephesians 1:13-14 (KJV) In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Hebrews 13:5-6 (KJV) Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Matthew 28:18-20 (KJV) And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, let us go into Revelation 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

Look at what John said, "I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God. These people must be in heaven, right? (Next verse)

Revelation 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

They were talking to the Lord. (Next verse)

Revelation 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

These people were told by the Lord, rest a little season. They must be in heaven? (Next)

These martyred souls are not yet in heaven but "under the altar". I believe this is because John's vision is of those who died before Christ made atonement for sin, and defeated death. They could not ascend to heaven spiritually alive because the Holy Spirit had not yet been sent to awaken them. After death they waited for the promised Messiah to come and redeem them from Abraham's bosom. Which is where the saints of Old are said to have gone when their bodies died. To be under the altar according to promise of God was to be covered by the blood of Christ before His blood was literally shed. He was as the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world, via Covenant promise.

Revelation 5:6 (KJV) And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

The next vision we see of these Old Covenant saints is in Rev 7 with the faithful from all the tribes of the children of Israel being sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise (144,00). Then they too would be counted among those seen as a great innumerable multitude clothed in white robes, which symbolize purity, or having been made white by the blood of the Lamb. They aren't literally clothed in white robes in heaven because heaven is not a physical place but is a spiritual place. A celestial/heavenly/spiritual realm, not a earthly/terrestrial/physical realm, as is the earth. We see these same 144,000 once again in Rev 14 where there is no question they have ascended spiritually to heaven, and are alive there with the Lamb of God on Mt Zion, once again being called "the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb." The firstfruits of Christ who spiritually alive ascend to heaven where the Lord is.

Revelation 14:1-4 (KJV) And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

After the vision showing these Old Covenant spiritual saints who had died in faith, John's vision takes us to these last days of this age after Christ has come to earth a man. John's vision depicts what shall come to pass at the end of this age during these last days of grace when the Gospel is proclaimed unto all the nations of the earth. The vision also takes us to the very end of this age and what shall come to pass when Christ returns the second and only time. But before that last day of this age shall come, the Gospel must first be proclaimed and through the Gospel sent in the power of the Holy Spirit the spiritual Kingdom of God in heaven must first be complete and then the end shall come.

Revelation 6:12-17 (KJV) And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

This prophesy is much like what we read in Acts where Peter writes "this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel". Peter writes not only of all that shall come to pass in the last days when the Gospel is to be proclaimed, as well as what shall come to pass on the last day, in an hour coming, when the last trumpet sounds, when we shall see the Lord coming again in the clouds of glory.

Acts 2:17-21 (KJV) And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Last edited:

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These martyred souls are not yet in heaven but "under the altar". I believe this is because John's vision is of those who died before Christ made atonement for sin, and defeated death. They could not ascend to heaven spiritually alive because the Holy Spirit had not yet been sent to awaken them. After death they waited for the promised Messiah to come and redeem them from Abraham's bosom. Which is where the saints of Old are said to have gone when their bodies died. To be under the altar according to promise of God was to be covered by the blood of Christ before His blood was literally shed. He was as the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world, via Covenant promise.

Let's see what David says about the dead in Psalms 146:3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help. 4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish. "Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help". Why did David make this statement in verse 3? No man can give you eternal life; neither does any man have a lake of fire to put you in. Whom shall you put all your trust? Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. How do you lean on the Lord's understanding and not your own? By reading the book without putting a twist on it and taking every word for what it says, you will never go wrong. Why should you do that? Pay close attention. Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. If his thoughts are higher than ours, why should anyone try to interpret His Word. Look at verse 4. His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish. His thoughts perish when he gives up his last breath. Man is made of 2 elements dust, and breath, no more, no less. Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. When David said he gives up the ghost he simply means his breath.

Revelation 5:6 (KJV) And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

The next vision we see of these Old Covenant saints is in Rev 7 with the faithful from all the tribes of the children of Israel being sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise (144,00). Then they too would be counted among those seen as a great innumerable multitude clothed in white robes, which symbolize purity, or having been made white by the blood of the Lamb. They aren't literally clothed in white robes in heaven because heaven is not a physical place but is a spiritual place. A celestial/heavenly/spiritual realm, not a earthly/terrestrial/physical realm, as is the earth. We see these same 144,000 once again in Rev 14 where there is no question they have ascended spiritually to heaven, and are alive there with the Lamb of God on Mt Zion, once again being called "the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb." The firstfruits of Christ who spiritually alive ascend to heaven where the Lord is.

Revelation 14:1-4 (KJV) And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

After the vision showing these Old Covenant spiritual saints who had died in faith, John's vision takes us to these last days of this age after Christ has come to earth a man. John's vision depicts what shall come to pass at the end of this age during these last days of grace when the Gospel is proclaimed unto all the nations of the earth. The vision also takes us to the very end of this age and what shall come to pass when Christ returns the second and only time. But before that last day of this age shall come, the Gospel must first be proclaimed and through the Gospel sent in the power of the Holy Spirit the spiritual Kingdom of God in heaven must first be complete and then the end shall come.

Revelation 6:12-17 (KJV) And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

This prophesy is much like what we read in Acts where Peter writes "this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel". Peter writes not only of all that shall come to pass in the last days when the Gospel is to be proclaimed, as well as what shall come to pass on the last day, in an hour coming, when the last trumpet sounds, when we shall see the Lord coming again in the clouds of glory.

Acts 2:17-21 (KJV) And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This cannot be the first resurrection of the dead physically. Because there shall be only one resurrection of the dead, when all the dead in the graves shall be resurrected physically to life or damnation. This in the hour coming, when the last trump sounds. Nowhere in Scripture do we read of physical resurrection for the physically dead being resurrected twice, separated by one thousand years. Those referenced as "the dead" are those who never during their physical lives are born again of the Spirit. The physically dead who are resurrected physically to life are those who physically died indwelt with the Holy Spirit from Christ. Though their bodies die, they are still alive.

Christ is the firstfruits of them that slept. Christ is NOT the firstfruits of them physically, but to them that had died before Christ came, before He atoned for sin, and defeated death. They had died in Christ, in faith, and waited in death until, like Lazarus, Christ would come and raise them from the dead. But unlike Lazarus, they are not raised physically, but as spiritual bodies. They became the body of Christ in heaven, through spiritual life, not physical life. That would not happen until this time symbolized a thousand years has ended. Lazarus and all the Old Covenant faithful saints spirits returned to God in heaven after they died. (Ecc 12:7)

Since they did not have the Holy Spirit in them, (Christ would not send Him before defeating death) to give them spiritual life they waited in death as heavenly/celestial/spiritual beings until Christ came, died, resurrected, and ascended to the Father. Before the spirit of Christ ascended to heaven, Christ first descended into the lower parts of the earth. I believe this place was the resting place of faithful saints who died before Christ came, and it was called "Abraham's bosom." It was the place the spirits of these just men/women of faith waited for the promised Messiah who would come to come and redeem them from the grave.

When He died Christ's spirit returned to His Father in heaven, and at that time by His Spirit Christ took the spirits of faithful saints with Him to heaven, and now together they are the spiritual body of Christ in heaven and are as the angels of God who are spirit beings. Our spirits with Christ will return with Him when He comes the second and only time and our bodies will be resurrected to life again through our spirit, only then immortal and incorruptible to never die again. Then we shall be fit to reside with Christ forever on the new earth.

Luke 23:46 (KJV) And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

Ephesians 4:8-10 (KJV) Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Christ was the firstfruits of the faithful dead. And He was the first resurrection from physical death that we must all partake of to overcome the second death. First in life we have part in the first resurrection, through the resurrection life of Christ. Then after physical death we shall have part in resurrection life and not be condemned with the unbelievers.
Theirs a first resurrection and their is a white throne Judgment, which is the second death or resurrection. Why, is that hard to understand? I've been showing the first resurrection verses, it shouldn't be this hard to see. Again in Revelation 20: 4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

All those who dies or slept in Christ will be raise and come at Jesus second coming, which is the first resurrection. Lets read this last part again in 1 Thessalonians 3:13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints. The book says the rest of the dead live not again until thousand years were up.

Now let us see how people and or the saints came up in the first resurrection. Lets go into Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Lets take a look at, what Jobs said about being dead and being raise, let go to the book of Job 14:12 So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep. 14:13 Oh that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me! 14:14 If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come. 14:15 Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee: thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's see what David says about the dead in Psalms 146:3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help. 4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish. "Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help". Why did David make this statement in verse 3? No man can give you eternal life; neither does any man have a lake of fire to put you in. Whom shall you put all your trust?

We cannot put our trust in man because he is mortal flesh and blood, destined to physically die. The physical body returns to the dust of the earth, just as written in the Psalms. Because man is destined to physically die, only a fool would truth in man for salvation.
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. How do you lean on the Lord's understanding and not your own? By reading the book without putting a twist on it and taking every word for what it says, you will never go wrong. Why should you do that? Pay close attention. Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. If his thoughts are higher than ours, why should anyone try to interpret His Word. Look at verse 4. His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish. His thoughts perish when he gives up his last breath. Man is made of 2 elements dust, and breath, no more, no less. Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. When David said he gives up the ghost he simply means his breath.

Do not trust in man, who is destined to die, and cannot save anyone. Of course giving up the ghost means to physically die. But before taking His final breath, Christ said "Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit", then He died.

Luke 23:46 (KJV) And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

As I have now repeatedly said, the spirit of man that gives the breath of life to our mortal bodies of flesh & bone returns to God when our body dies. Even the spirit that gave Christ natural, mortal life ascended to the Father when He died. Christ resurrected from the dead to prove death of the body did not mean death for His spirit. Because after three days the spirit that gave Christ natural, physical life returned and gave life again to His physical body. The same is true of every spirit indwelt with the Spirit of Christ. If man physically dies, having His Spirit in them, then they are still spiritually alive in heaven after the body dies.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Theirs a first resurrection and their is a white throne Judgment, which is the second death or resurrection. Why, is that hard to understand? I

The first resurrection cannot be the physical resurrection from the grave, because there shall be only ONE physical resurrection that shall come in an hour when the last trump sounds that time shall be no longer.

I've been showing the first resurrection verses, it shouldn't be this hard to see. Again in Revelation 20: 4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

You've been quoting verses, but you have not proven what you believe these verses mean. Prove from the Scriptures that there shall be TWO bodily resurrections separated by ONE thousand years.

All those who dies or slept in Christ will be raise and come at Jesus second coming, which is the first resurrection. Lets read this last part again in 1 Thessalonians 3:13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints. The book says the rest of the dead live not again until thousand years were up.

All who died in faith waiting for Christ to come and redeem them, became partakers of the first resurrection which is when the spirit giving life to the body of believers, ascends to heaven after physical death spiritually alive. It is these spirits that return with Christ at His coming again to be reunited with an immortal & incorruptible resurrected physical body.

Why do you continue to deny what Christ plainly tells us regarding the physical resurrection from the graves at an hour that is coming?
Why does Christ say ALL which are in the graves shall be resurrected at the same hour coming, either to resurrected life or damnation? Where does Christ speak of two physical resurrections of the dead, separated by one thousand years? Nowhere!

John 5:28-29 (KJV) Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

None of the dead shall be resurrected before the thousand symbolic years expire. Those souls alive in heaven were not resurrected. Because they died in Christ, with faith, they NEVER spiritually died. So after they were martyred for their faith they ascended to heaven ALIVE spiritually. Not even their bodies shall be resurrected before the hour coming, when the last trump sounds, and time (a thousand years) shall be no longer.

Lets take a look at, what Jobs said about being dead and being raise, let go to the book of Job 14:12 So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep. 14:13 Oh that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me! 14:14 If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come. 14:15 Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee: thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands.

One more time, Job, like all the Old Covenant faithful saints looked for the resurrection and change to immortal and incorruptibility after the wrath of God is past, which shall be after Christ comes again to make all things new.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first resurrection cannot be the physical resurrection from the grave, because there shall be only ONE physical resurrection that shall come in an hour when the last trump sounds that time shall be no longer.
I showed you in the book, exactly where you can the first resurrection, in Rev. 20th Chapter. Whither you believe it or not, it's on you.

You've been quoting verses, but you have not proven what you believe these verses mean. Prove from the Scriptures that there shall be TWO bodily resurrections separated by ONE thousand years.
I've proven what I believe, you don't believe it, and that's fine, because it's between you and the Lord from this point on.

All who died in faith waiting for Christ to come and redeem them, became partakers of the first resurrection which is when the spirit giving life to the body of believers, ascends to heaven after physical death spiritually alive. It is these spirits that return with Christ at His coming again to be reunited with an immortal & incorruptible resurrected physical body.

Why do you continue to deny what Christ plainly tells us regarding the physical resurrection from the graves at an hour that is coming?
Why does Christ say ALL which are in the graves shall be resurrected at the same hour coming, either to resurrected life or damnation? Where does Christ speak of two physical resurrections of the dead, separated by one thousand years? Nowhere!

John 5:28-29 (KJV) Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

None of the dead shall be resurrected before the thousand symbolic years expire. Those souls alive in heaven were not resurrected. Because they died in Christ, with faith, they NEVER spiritually died. So after they were martyred for their faith they ascended to heaven ALIVE spiritually. Not even their bodies shall be resurrected before the hour coming, when the last trump sounds, and time (a thousand years) shall be no longer.

One more time, Job, like all the Old Covenant faithful saints looked for the resurrection and change to immortal and incorruptibility after the wrath of God is past, which shall be after Christ comes again to make all things new.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
continuing the lesson.....Now, let us go into Revelation 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: Look at what John said, "I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God. These people must be in heaven, right? (Next verse)

Revelation 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

They were talking to the Lord. (Next verse)

Revelation 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

These people were told by the Lord, rest a little season. They must be in heaven? (Next)

Revelation 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Notice something, The sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood, and the stars of heaven fell unto the earth the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together. This is the same thing David, Paul, and now John said. This must be true. What about the souls under the altar?

Let's see if we can find an example. Pay close attention here. Genesis 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD. 2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground. 3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD. 4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering: 5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell. Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. Cain didn't bring the best that he had, if he did the Lord would have accepted Cain's offering.

Genesis 4:6 And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? 7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

Notice something, If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted. Remember the people in Revelation. Did they do well? Were they accepted? Yes. Now look at what the Lord says here.

Genesis 4:8 And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him. 9 And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?

What did the Lord say in verse 7? "If thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. Cain committed 2 sins, murder and baring false wittiness. These verses alone let you know that the law was in effect from the beginning. Notice this in the next verse.

Genesis 4:10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground. When is the last time you heard someone's blood cry? Blood doesn't cry. It wasn't the blood that was crying, it was Abel's righteous acts. Notice this in Revelation. , I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: These people were slain for the word of God, and the testimony that they held. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

Notice it said our blood. Here is the key. What were these people given for their testimony?

Revelation 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled. They were given white robes. What does this mean? Let's let the Book tell us.

Revelation 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

You see it was their righteousness that cried unto the Lord .

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look what Paul said. Hebrews 11:4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

That was your second witness. Here is another example.

Proverbs 31:10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. 31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

Let her own works praise her. By your actions you will obtain eternal life.

In Luke, the Scribes came to Jesus trying to trip Him up, by asking Him a question. Custom was that if a man die before he had an offspring, his brother would marry his wife and the first born would carry on his brother's name. They gave Jesus an example of a woman that married seven brothers, the first to the last did not have an offspring and finally the woman died. They asked Jesus who would be this woman's husband in the resurrection. Notice what the Lord said here.

Luke 20:34 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: 35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: 36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection. 37 Now that the dead are raised, even Moses showed at the bush, when he calleth the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. 38 For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.
Look at verse 35, But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage. He said again as Paul, and John said. Those that are accounted worthy to obtain the world. It goes back to the righteous acts. Notice verse 37,"Now that the dead are raised". The subject is the resurrection, he was giving them and example.

This is a place where people try to say, "See I told you when you die you float off into heaven". They make this statement without thinking. Why? If a person dies and goes to heaven or hell what is the use for the first or second resurrection, if that statement was true they have all ready been raised and judged. It would be no use for either of these. Read this carefully.

I Samuel 28:6 And when Saul inquired of the LORD, the LORD answered him not, neither by dreams, nor by Urim, nor by prophets. 7 Then said Saul unto his servants, Seek me a woman that hath a familiar spirit that I may go to her, and inquire of her. And his servants said to him, Behold, there is a woman that hath a familiar spirit at Endor.

What is a familiar spirit?

I Samuel 28:11 Then said the woman, Whom shall I bring up unto thee? And he said, Bring me up Samuel.

Why did she "say bring up?" Samuel was a righteous guy, shouldn't she have said, Whom should I bring down?

I Samuel 28:12 And when the woman saw Samuel, she cried with a loud voice: and the woman spake to Saul, saying, Why hast thou deceived me? for thou art Saul. 13 And the king said unto her, Be not afraid: for what sawest thou? And the woman said unto Saul, I saw gods ascending out of the earth.

Notice what she said, I saw gods ascending out of the earth. Shouldn't they be coming down from heaven?

I Samuel 28:14 And he said unto her, What form is he of? And she said, An old man cometh up; and he is covered with a mantle. And Saul perceived that it was Samuel, and he stooped with his face to the ground, and bowed himself. 15 And Samuel said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up? And Saul answered, I am sore distressed; for the Philistines make war against me, and God is departed from me, and answereth me no more, neither by prophets, nor by dreams: therefore I have called thee, that thou mayest make known unto me what I shall do.

If the Lord would not answer Saul why would Samuel?

16 Then said Samuel, Wherefore then dost thou ask of me, seeing the LORD is departed from thee, and is become thine enemy? 17 And the LORD hath done to him, as he spake by me: for the LORD hath rent the kingdom out of thine hand, and given it to thy neighbour, even to David: 18 Because thou obeyedst not the voice of the LORD, nor executedst his fierce wrath upon Amalek, therefore hath the LORD done this thing unto thee this day. 19 Moreover the LORD will also deliver Israel with thee into the hand of the Philistines: and to morrow shalt thou and thy sons be with me: the LORD also shall deliver the host of Israel into the hand of the Philistines.

Was this actually Samuel speaking to Saul through this witch? Once again let's let the Bible speak for itself.

I Chronicles 10:13 So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to inquire of it;

You see, the Book never contradicts itself. Samuel is in the grave until the first resurrection, along with the other righteous brethren. It was a familiar spirit that spoke through the witch; Saul done himself in.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let’s see how. Look what Isaiah said here, and keep this scripture in mind when you are about to call the physic hot line. Isaiah 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?

This simply means as long as you are alive, seek the LORD unto your physical death. This is another verse people try to use, by saying, see I told you when you die your spirit floats off to glory.

Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Here is another scripture that is used.
II Kings 13:20 And Elisha died, and they buried him. And the bands of the Moabites invaded the land at the coming in of the year. 21 And it came to pass, as they were burying a man, that, behold, they spied a band of men; and they cast the man into the sepulcher of Elisha: and when the man was let down, and touched the bones of Elisha, he revived, and stood up on his feet.

I have no idea why the Lord allowed this to happen. However, you have to think about a couple of things. (1) The Book states And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. (John 3: 13) (2) When Christ was raised several people were raised also, but they all die, and are dust right now. Christ continued to live and set down at the right hand of the Father.

Let's go back to Romans and take a look at that spirit. Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Look at verse 2, For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. Why did he say for the Law of the Spirit of Life? What law is Paul talking about? Read Hebrews chapter 10, and it will tell you that the Sacrificial Law never could make the comers perfect. What law is he talking about that brings life and frees you from death and sin? It is the commandments, brothers and sisters.

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Notice in verse 4, that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Look at verse 7, Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. Now you should see that, if you are not walking in his law you are an enemy of God. Now if you walk in His law His spirit dwells within you. Look at verse 9. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. What Spirit is that, if you are not walking after the flesh? The righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. The Spirit that dwells within you is His Word. When you look at the 11th verse you will see that it isn't a physical death it is a spiritual death, knowing the spirit that dwells within you is his word.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's go to a couple of Psalm to confirm this. Psalm 80:17 Let thy hand be upon the man of thy right hand, upon the son of man whom thou madest strong for thyself. 18 So will not we go back from thee: quicken us, and we will call upon thy name. 19 Turn us again, O LORD God of hosts, cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved.

Quicken means to make alive.

Psalm 119:33 Teach me, O LORD, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end. 34 Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart. 35 Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight. 36 Incline my heart unto thy testimonies, and not to covetousness. 37 Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way.
38 Establish thy word unto thy servant, who is devoted to thy fear. 39 Turn away my reproach which I fear: for thy judgments are good. 40 Behold, I have longed after thy precepts: quicken me in thy righteousness.

Notice what it says in the Psalm. Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way. Remember what it said in Roman's. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

This quickening is of the mind. Take another look at this in Romans 8. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. The spirit of life is because of righteousness. The Psalm said the same thing. Take another look. Behold, I have longed after thy precepts: quicken me in thy righteousness.

This can't be a physical death, why? Remember what Solomon said, Ecclesiastes 9:10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave whither thou goest.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your are a dead man walking if you are not quicken by the spirit of God. Pay close attention to Paul here.

Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins: We were dead in our trespass and sin. This would be a spiritual death not physical.

Ephesians 2: 2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Remember what Paul said in Roman's if you walk after the flesh? Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved) 6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 7 That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

Look at verse 5, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved) Notice it said dead in sin, the subject is still rolling. This is death of the mind or a spiritual death. Notice in verse 6, and hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: How did he raise us up into heavenly places?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

For dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return​

At least for a short time .....for this brown duck!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again let's let the Book do the talking.

Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9 For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: 11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. 13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

If you obey Him, you have put off the body of sin of the flesh, buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Plain and simple.

Now let’s go and confirm that spirit that dwells within you. John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

This is the spirit that dwells within you. His word! Let’s go to the Psalm and see this again. Before we go there I want you to remember this in Isaiah. Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

You cannot take one verse and explain the whole Bible. Let's move on to the Psalm.

Psalm 119:50 This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me. 51 The proud have had me greatly in derision: yet have I not declined from thy law.

Notice it said, for thy word quickened me. Here it is again.

Psalm 119:92 Unless thy law had been my delights, I should then have perished in mine affliction. 93 I will never forget thy precepts: for with them thou hast quickened me. 94 I am thine, save me; for I have sought thy precepts.

What quickened him, the Law! The Lord tells you again.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Notice what it says, Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Notice what John says here.
I John 3:11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous. 13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you. 14 We know tat we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

How do you love the brethren?

I John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Plain and simple. Now that we know if you don't walk in the spirit of God (which is His Word) you can be alive physically, but spiritually dead. We know that once you are physically dead you will remain in the grave until the resurrection.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now we can go back to Roman chapter 8 and read it with understanding.

Take another look at John before you begin to read this next set of verses. Jesus said in John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Romans 8:11
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. 12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. 18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. 23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Look at verse 13, For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. Notice it said mortify the "Deeds of the body through the spirit.” What does mortify mean? It means “subdue by abstinence.” In other words bring this sinful body under control and walk in the Lord's spirit which is his word. Look at 23, And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. What do “redemption of are vile bodies” mean? Take a look at this.

Philippians 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

And when will this take place?

I Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

At the last trump, and not a moment before.

This is the last set. Some people go here to say Christ went to speak to the Dead in the grave. Take a look.

I Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; 20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Did Christ die in the days of Noah? No! Those spirits were the angels that fell. It is only one that has already been sentenced to death, and that is Satan. Why did he say the spirits in prison? Take a look at this verse.

Jude 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Is this a prison or not? Not in the sense that we think, with bars. “Chains of darkness” simply means we can not see them. This study have shown you there are 2 types of death, death of the body (physical death), and death of the mind (spiritual death). We also found out that the Word of God is spirit, and if you don't bring you body under control and follow the spirit, which is his word you are walking in the flesh. If you walk in the flesh you are considered an enemy of God. We have also learned once the body dies it is in the grave until the Last trump.

Brothers and sisters if you are walking contrary to His Word and continue to kick against His law, you will be numbered with the transgressors. His laws are still good. Don't allow someone to deceive and kill you with the second death. Read on your own; don't pick out all the good parts. Read the bad with the good so you will know the whole story. Learn his Law and live. Peace be unto you Amen.

May the Lord add a blessing to the reading of his word in Jesus name, Amen.

Meditation

Aug 8, 2023
Port Orange, Fl
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's quite simple- RELIGION makes it difficult!
We DIE- cease to exist- as Adam and Eve did. They are not in Heaven, Purgatory, or still burning in 'Hellfire'.
Jesus spoke of a day where his God would have him RESURRECT ("a standing up") the dead- pictured by "death and hell delivering up the dead" in Rev.

All the excuses or scripture-twisting is to no avail.

Reactions: bro.tan

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I praising the Lord right now. I say this;

2 Corinthians 5:7-8 - 7 For we walk by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I praising the Lord right now. I say this;

2 Corinthians 5:7-8 - 7 For we walk by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.
I agree, Paul is talking about our spiritual mind set with Christ, keeping his commandments, statues and Judgement, and showing forth good works. "Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12). Because remember Jesus says in John 3: 13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. So let's continue what Paul is saying in 2 Corinthians 5: 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. Thats right, staying on that straight and narrow road to salvation. The bible says, we must not only be a hearer of the word, but a doer of the word also (James 1:21-22).

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Thats right each one of us will give account for our own salvation. Therefore, we must not let anyone lead us down the wrong path, but should verify all of our teaching with the holy bible. YOUR SALVATION IS AT STAKE! "...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" (Philippians 2:12).

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of what is posted on this thread appears to SKIP Scripture that testifies that one's soul and spirit is separated from their flesh when they die. The 'soul' and 'spirit' is NOT of flesh. It does not die, and it does... retain conscious awareness after death of the flesh.

BEWARE BRETHREN IN CHRIST, because one of the purposes of the false Jews is to promote the false idea that our 'soul' and 'spirit' dies along with our flesh, and that our loved ones are literally resting in their caskets in the back yard waiting for the resurrection. This is why they immediately try to use Ecclesiastes 9 by Solomon in thinking those 'dead' there are about all peoples that have died, while completely missing the subject where God revealed the giant hybrids shall not rise (not have a resurrection). And that is why the giants have no more thing to do under the sun. But those in Christ's Salvation will definitely... have more to do under the sun in His future Kingdom.

When you get to Ecclesiastes 12 by Solomon, he reveals part of this matter of how our 'spirit' is separate from our flesh. I don't recall seeing this in ANY of the previous Jewish posts on this thread:

Eccl 12:5-7
5 Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail:
because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:

Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God Who gave it.
KJV

Did you get that brethren? At flesh death, our flesh goes back to the earthly elements of matter, but our 'spirit' goes back to God Who gave it. The JEWS try... to make an excuse about this also, saying that 'spirit' simply means like a life-force that goes back to God. That idea actually is an ancient occult pagan belief. They believe that our inner spirit is a part of God, like a drop of water separated from the great ocean (God), and at flesh death our little drops of water goes back into the Great All, losing all individuality.

In Matthew 10:28, Lord Jesus revealed that our 'soul' cannot be killed by man. He said to not fear those who can kill our flesh body, but not our soul. But to fear Him Who can destroy both body and soul in the "lake of fire". By that Jesus showed our soul continues... after death of our flesh.

In 1 Peter 3, Peter showed that at Jesus' resurrection, He went and preached The Gospel to the "spirits in prison". And in 1 Peter 4 he said for this reason was The Gospel preached to the dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit. That event of Jesus preaching The Gospel to those "spirits in prison" was about fulfillment of the Isaiah 42:7 prophecy that He would lead the prisoners out of darkness from the prison house, pointing to Satan's prison house in the Heavenly dimension.

Apostle Paul in 2 Corinthians 5 also revealed that if our flesh were suddenly dissolved, we have ANOTHER BODY not made with hands, from God, eternal in the Heavens. Paul is pointing to our spirit body that our soul is attached to, that separates from our flesh body at flesh death. That is what happens when the "silver cord" Solomon mentioned gets severed. Our spirit with soul goes back to God, but our flesh goes back to dust where it came from.

Therefore, YOU are NOT just simply dust of the earth. If you believe you are, then it means you don't have anything to save by Christ, because you would simply perish with the earthly dust at death of your flesh. This is why Apostle Paul rebuked those who didn't believe in the resurrection, and about Jesus bringing the "asleep" saints with Him from Heaven when He comes. They are already there with Him, per Paul in 2 Corinthians 5!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Death and resurrection, spiritually and physically. What does this statement mean? There are a few things we must find out. Preachers are miss leading people into believing fantasy stories. People go to grave talking to dirt and statutes, buying flowers, wasting time and money. People believing that they love ones are looking down on them smiling, with all this hell going on in earth.When a person dies, does he or she have any consciousness? Does a puff of smoke leave their body and go flying off into the third heaven? Did you know that there is three heaven? Do you really believe your love ones looking down at you from heaven, smiling. Or do they just float around the earth hunting houses, jumping from behind trees scaring people? If you have a logical bone in your body you know that is sheer nonsense. It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true" (John 8:17). We will quote testimonies from the Prophets and the Apostle.

Who gave them the word? (Acts 7:52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which showed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: 53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.) They received the law by the disposition of angels.

Where did the angels get the word? (Revelation 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:) The angels got it from the Lord. The Lord got it from the Father. The Prophets and the Apostle are simply quoting the Lord. If you don't believe them, you don't believe the Lord.

Our first witness is Solomon. He is very wise, as a matter of fact he was wiser than any man that walked the earth, except for Jesus of course. Why? I Kings 3:28 And all Israel heard of the judgment which the king had judged; and they feared the king: for they saw that the wisdom of God was in him, to do judgment. I Kings 4:1 So king Solomon was king over all Israel. He had the wisdom of God.

Let' see what Solomon has to say about this subject. Ecclesiastes 9:3 This is an evil among all things that are done under the sun, that there is one event unto all: yea, also the heart of the sons of men is full of evil, and madness is in their heart while they live, and after that they go to the dead.

Take a look at what Solomon said. This event happened to us all while we are under the sun. Why did he say under the sun? We'll find this out later. Pay close attention here. The heart of the sons of men is full of evil, and madness is in their heart while they live. While they live. Then what happens after that? They go to the dead.

Ecclesiastes 9:4For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

While you are still alive there is still hope. What hope is this? Romans 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: This is what you hope for while you are still alive. Notice something else, Solomon said. For a living dog is better than a dead lion. Why is that? The dog is alive and the lion is dust. Can a dead lion be of any use? No! Solomon said a mouth full, look at the next verse.

Ecclesiastes 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

For the living know not any thing, neither any more reward. Why? Once you're dead there is no more hope. If you went to the grave in Christ, he will awake you in the first resurrection, and you will live and reign on the earth with him and the saints. If you did not die in Christ he will wake you in the second resurrection and you will be judged according to your works. If you are dead do you have any memory? What did Solomon say? "For the memory of them is forgotten". Now we know you have no more memory while you are in the grave. If you did something wrong to a person and they're dead, you don't have to worry, they won't come and haunt your house.
Dust anyone care?

I dust do not know.