For His great name's sake:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 53:10
[10] Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Was the Lord's days prolonged in the temporal?

Hebrews 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

Or did the Lord sacrifice the temporal for something far better?

Isaiah 53:10
[10] Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

"he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days" We are His seed and with each seed that springs forth unto life, the Lord's name continues on. Through His seed in us, God shall plant and prolong His days and heaven shall prosper in His hand. The Lord sacrificed temporal days for Spiritual days to increase.

As John the Baptist said: He must increase, but I must decrease. His seed continues and the Lord's days are prolonged and the kingdom of God, Heaven grows.

John 16:25-26
[25] These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father. [26] At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:

In His name, throughout the prolonging of the days of His seed and the prospering of heaven by His hand: God no longer speaks to us in Proverbs but shows His seed plainly the Father. Jesus no longer prays the Father for those that have clearly been shown the Father through Christ.

John 15:15-17
[15] Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. [16] Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he has may give it you. [17] These things I command you, that ye love one another.

1 John 2:12
[12] I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

(1 Samuel 12:22)
(Psalm 23:3)
(Psalm 106:8)
(Isaiah 66:5)

Last edited:

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@VictoryinJesus ...What a lovely post....I believe that we have far under estimated all that our Father and Jesus accomplished before, during and after Jesus' life and death as a physical being....Not to mention how much we seem to ignore the reality and Truth that He is alive, that He can have form with flesh and bone ( not blood) and that He said that He would be WITH US, even till the end of this present world.....In this world of constant distractions it is not easy to find the time and the quiet it takes to bridge the gap, between our reality and His, so that we can become one, in that reality, for a time, being fully aware of Him and it...Praise His Holy Name forever more...What a champion He truly is :)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An heritage unto the Lord: An inheritance. His great name's sake: (Psalm 127: 1-5) Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. 2 It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep(rest). 3 Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. 4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. 5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

One year away from fifty years old, my womb is long dead and will never bear children again. Those days are long past. But there is one prayer I have and that is to bear spiritual children for His great name's sake. "Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord:" and whatever we ask in His name that will He give to a Son; be it bread to set before another or living water for another's thirst. Whatever we ask in His name the Father will give for His reward is the fruit of the spiritual womb. As arrows in the hand of a mighty man ---so are---children. "Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them (children). From the top which is the head (Christ) to the feet of those that publish peace within the narrow gate; HIS heritage... "they shall not be ashamed"

(Mark 14:41) 41 And he cometh the third time, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: it is enough, the hour is come; behold, the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.

(Proverbs 3:24-26) "When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shall lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet. Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh. For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken."

(Psalms 4:8) "I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for you, LORD, only make me dwell in safety."

Again. "Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain."

Last edited:
Reactions: faithfulness