For there is no difference for all have sinned.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your quote is from the "Gospel of Thomas".

Maybe you should try a real Bible, instead, Phil.
Are you serious? The Gospel of Thomas is considered to be an important extra-canonical document that gives its readers an excellent view into the theology of Egyptian Christians.

From wikipedia: The Gospel of Thomas (also known as the Coptic Gospel of Thomas) is an extra-canonical[1] sayings gospel. It was discovered near Nag Hammadi, Egypt, in December 1945 among a group of books known as the Nag Hammadi library. Scholars speculate that the works were buried in response to a letter from Bishop Athanasius declaring a strict canon of Christian scripture. Scholars have proposed dates of composition as early as 60 AD and as late as 250 AD.[2][3] Since its discovery, many scholars have seen it as evidence in support of the existence of a "Q source" which might have been very similar in its form as a collection of sayings of Jesus without any accounts of his deeds or his life and death, referred to as a sayings gospel."

What, according to you, is a "real Bible" (even though that has nothing to do with the subject being discussed). And how do you know that Phil doesn't read "a real Bible"?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never read anything extra, myself.

Just always used a regular 66 KJV, or other Bible, like NLT, or NIV, RSV.

I never had any desire to read those extra books as they are questionable as far as being canon, not to say there are not any wisdom in those books but I do not know.

Nor do I judge.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All have sinned....TRUE

Difference....Some become Forgiven, Sin Covered, Sin Remembered No more, They Sin No more....

Difference....Others do not become Forgiven, Continue to Sin, Sin Remembered.

Sin is Against the Lord God, Only the Lord God Forgives, Only the Lord God Covers, Only the Lord God does not Remember.

Reactions: Jim B