For Those Who Deny Jesus Christ IS Almighty God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with your statement here, except for one thing!

Jesus was not "begotten before time." He has no beginning and no end, He was always with the Father before the foundation of the world. "Begotten" is referring to the incarnation when he became the Son of God in humanity to redeem the world.

Your problem keeps returning to who Christ is.

so you are saying that Jesus lied when he said "And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was." time did not begin until the world was.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you are saying that Jesus lied when he said "And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was." time did not begin until the world was.

At the incarnation Christ set aside His Glory as God, and was about to gain it back through the resurrection in John 17:5.

This was His final glorification, the resurrection, which meant He was accepted as the perfect sacrifice for man's sin.

God the Father and God the Son have always co-existed with no beginning. Of course we have no explanation for how that can be considering we are only human.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
whose will did God Himself Come down from heaven to do, if not His own???
You appear confused that there is the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. I suggest you get back into your bible and study some more.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this shows that you are well wrong!

Yahweh Sends Yahweh
I see your problem. You have reasoned out God the Father and his ultimate rule. Not a good suggestion.

Jesus has been given ultimate authority and power over us humans by God the Father. But when it comes down to it God the Father has all power and authority. Jesus would never go against his will, which makes Jesus in likeness to God the Father.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matthias

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and where is this in John 17:5?

What is the glorification of Christ?

Glorification is the final stage of the ordo salutis and an aspect of Christian soteriology and Christian eschatology. It refers to the nature of believers after death and judgement, "the final step in the application of redemption.

The "final step in the application of redemption" was the resurrection of Christ. We are guaranteed the same in the future by faith.

It was the Father's approval of His work here on earth on man's behalf.

Actually, God could not have resurrected Christ if He had not been accepted as the perfect sacrifice for man's sin.

As I have said, you have much to learn from the scripture!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
really, maybe you should read the many posts I have linked in this thread, you might just learn a thing or two or more!

1Peter 1:3

" Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,"

But I'm not sure what it is I need to learn?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the glorification of Christ?

Glorification is the final stage of the ordo salutis and an aspect of Christian soteriology and Christian eschatology. It refers to the nature of believers after death and judgement, "the final step in the application of redemption.

The "final step in the application of redemption" was the resurrection of Christ. We are guaranteed the same in the future by faith.

It was the Father's approval of His work here on earth on man's behalf.

Actually, God could not have resurrected Christ if He had not been accepted as the perfect sacrifice for man's sin.

As I have said, you have much to learn from the scripture!
really, maybe you should read the many posts I have linked in this thread, you might just learn a thing or two or more!

I thought I was still talking to @True Faith, didn't realize it was you.

The last comment was meant for him not you. But I guess that will not make any difference.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought it was strange that you addressed what you said to me

I thought it was him, didn't notice it was you! it's my fault by not noticing that.

I said, "as I said before, you have much to learn..." so you can see I wasn't addressing you.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the incarnation Christ set aside His Glory as God, and was about to gain it back through the resurrection in John 17:5.

This was His final glorification, the resurrection, which meant He was accepted as the perfect sacrifice for man's sin.

God the Father and God the Son have always co-existed with no beginning. Of course we have no explanation for how that can be considering we are only human.

Then you do not understand the doctrine in which you claim to be absolutely positive it says that Jesus was God Himself...

So which is it... Jesus was God Himself and lied or Jesus was not God Himself and told the truth???

you claim, with total conviction and absolute authority that Jesus is God Himself, so, you will need to be able to back that up by telling us why God is a liar?

Sound doctrine that cannot be condemned... Your doctrine is not sound at all...

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is not a single verse in the 66 Books of the Holy Bible, that teaches the Father has "ultimate rule". This is speculation theology and against what the Bible actually says

The Absolute Equality of Jesus With The Father
The verses have already been quoted to you. You, like so many appear to be rejecting or rationalizing away important scripture to assert your ideas. I will just add the one here:

John 14:28

“Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Last edited:

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The verses have already been quoted to you. You, like so many like you appear to be rejected important scripture to assert your ideas. I will just add the one here:

John 14:28

“Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

The Father is Greater than I

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you do not understand the doctrine in which you claim to be absolutely positive it says that Jesus was God Himself...

So which is it... Jesus was God Himself and lied or Jesus was not God Himself and told the truth???

you claim, with total conviction and absolute authority that Jesus is God Himself, so, you will need to be able to back that up by telling us why God is a liar?

Sound doctrine that cannot be condemned... Your doctrine is not sound at all...

I need not explain anything to you, my friend.

I can read, and you should too!

John 1:1

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

John 1:14

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I need not explain anything to you, my friend.

I can read, and you should too!

John 1:1

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

John 1:14

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

Then whose will did God Himself come down from heaven to do... and actually you do have to explain it.. you are bound by scripture to do so...

Titus 1:9-16 "9Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: 11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. 13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; 14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth. 15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled. 16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. "

care to rethink your position?? or is scripture wrong???

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When a person tells you to ignore someone, they are doing the Bidding of Satan and not of God...

Scripture is clear, you are to Exhort and convince gainsayers with sound doctrine. and that their mouths must be stopped...

"9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: 11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake. 12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. 13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; 14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth. 15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled. 16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate."

they are not obeying the scriptures...