For those who think Christ is not God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Christ God?

• God

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • Lesser than God

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • A mere Son/Man of God.

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wrangler @Aunty Jane @DavidB @face2face @Waiting on him

The "Equality of the Father and the Son" equates to the Father being God and the Son being God.

Lord Jesus says "No one is good except God alone" (Mark 4:18).

Immediately after Jesus says "I and the Father are One" (John 10:30), the very next thing He says is "I showed you many good works from the Father" (John 10:31).

See that God is good alone, and see that good in Jesus as recorded in John 10:31.

Moreover, the Jews response to Jesus' "I and the Father are One" (John 10:30) is reminiscent of "For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God" (John 5:18).

The Apostle John expressed his very own observations and belief that the Son of God is equal to God according to John's linguistic construction of the sentence (John 5:18); moreover, no one is equal to God except for God and there is only One True God (Deuteronomy 6:4); therefore, Jesus is God.

The Truth (John 14:6) is that Jesus is God for the ever living Jesus proclaims this Truth "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM" (John 8:58), so according to the Christ, Lord Jesus existed in eternity past which means He is uncreated thus He proclaims that He is YHWH God for there is NO other that exists in eternity past (Isaiah 45:5).

Immanuel (Matthew 1:23 "God with us"), Jesus, is truly Almighty God, YHWH, with us (Revelation 1:8).

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Immanuel (Matthew 1:23 "God with us"), Jesus, is truly Almighty God, YHWH, with us (Revelation 1:8).
Yes, they would rather Change God's UNchangeable Word Of Truth:

Mic 5:2 "But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands
of Judah, yet out of thee Shall HE Come Forth Unto Me That Is To Be Ruler [Christ]
in Israel; Whose GOINGS FORTH Have Been From of old, FROM EVERLASTING."

Amen!

But, Just In case they do want:
GRACE And Peace...

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is not God the Father, nor is he God the Holy Spirit he is God the Son - Three distinct persons in one. It is not logical and that is why people without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit find it so hard to comprehend and accept what is at the heart of the Christian Church.

To understand the things of God one must first have the Spirit of God.

True!

1 Corinthians 12:1-3 reads:
1) Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
2) Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as you were led.
3) Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Already at the beginning of the Bible, we read that there are at least three different distinct persons that shared in the creation of the world.
Genesis 1:1 reads:
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."
The word "God" is the Hebrew plural word "Elohim" as also defined in verse 26.... "Let "us" make man in "our" image, after "our" likeness...."
Yet, in verse 27, the personal pronoun is singular.

In the Hebrew Language, there are three numbers:
1) Singular means one
2) Dual means two
3) Plural means at least three or more

In the English language there are only two numbers:
1) Singular means one
2) Plural means two or more

And, so, Paul under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, said in
2 Corinthians 13:14 which reads:
"
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen "

There can be NO DOUBT that Jesus IS God as stipulated also in
1 Corinthians 12:3 by ALL believers!

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
here’s an instance of Jesus saying they have separate wills

Luke 22:42 KJV
[42] Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

Your post responds to a post that already shows how Jesus is speaking in Luke 22:42.

Jesus reveals Himself as truly God and truly Man at His discretion.

Jesus Christ is truly Man (Luke 1:26-33) - the Son of Man, and Jesus Christ is truly God (Luke 1:34-35, John 8:58, John 20:28, John 5:18, John 10:30-31) - the Son of God.

Based on this Truth (John 14:6), Jesus Christ can refer to Himself as Man at his discretion and when He deems it is appropriate.

Furthermore. Jesus Christ can refer to Himself as God at his discretion and when He deems it is appropriate.

Here is an instance of Jesus, truly God, saying "I and the Father are One" (John 10:30) in which Jesus speaks in His capacity of God thus including both the person of Jesus and the person of the Father in the One True God.

Here is another instance, this time of Jesus, truly Man, saying "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'" (John 20:17) in which Jesus speaks in His capacity of Man thus including the person of Jesus and His brothers in one (John 17:21). See, the Son of Man being the firstborn of the born of God persons (Romans 8:29, Colossians 1:15, John 3:3-8).

We, children of God, can also refer to Jesus in his capacity as truly God as well as His capacity as truly Man. We can use context to make the distinction.

We, born of the Holy Spirit of God persons (John 3:3-8), are one in God (John 17:21) because of the indwelling Holy Spirit (John 14:16-17), thus God is One. We are the blessed beneficiaries of the Holy Spirit of God's work in us.

The Truth (John 14:6) is that Jesus is God for the ever living Jesus proclaims this Truth "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM" (John 8:58), so according to the Christ, Lord Jesus existed in eternity past which means He is uncreated thus He proclaims that He is YHWH God for there is NO other that exists in eternity past (Isaiah 45:5).

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Immanuel (Matthew 1:23 "God with us"), Jesus, is truly Almighty God, YHWH, with us (Revelation 1:8).[/I]

Not only are the above Scriptures true, Scripture also affirms that Jesus is the Everlasting Father and the Prince of Peace in Isaiah 9:6. And that, in relation to Isaiah 43:11, God also affirms that "beside me there is no saviour"

Now if Isaiah 43 is true than Jesus IS God because He came as the Savior of the World.
John 4:41-42 reads::
41) And many more believed because of his own word,
42) And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.
And
1 John 4:13-14
13)
Hereby know we that dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
14) And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

Amen

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: Pearl

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wrangler @Aunty Jane @DavidB @face2face @Waiting on him

The "Equality of the Father and the Son" equates to the Father being God and the Son being God.

Lord Jesus says "No one is good except God alone" (Mark 4:18).

Immediately after Jesus says "I and the Father are One" (John 10:30), the very next thing He says is "I showed you many good works from the Father" (John 10:31).

See that God is good alone, and see that good in Jesus as recorded in John 10:31.

Moreover, the Jews response to Jesus' "I and the Father are One" (John 10:30) is reminiscent of "For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God" (John 5:18).

The Apostle John expressed his very own observations and belief that the Son of God is equal to God according to John's linguistic construction of the sentence (John 5:18); moreover, no one is equal to God except for God and there is only One True God (Deuteronomy 6:4); therefore, Jesus is God.

I was just talking in another thread about this and something I saw regarding it. I will try to post it here but I’m woefully inept at stuff like that but I’ll try. (I had no idea there were so many threads where it’s currently being discussed!)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, we don’t see it happening at all today because we are so weakened.
I was just thinking about John’s testing of the spirits/antichrists, that anyone who denies Jesus came in the flesh is an antichrist. But have you ever heard anyone claiming to be a Christian say Jesus did not come in the flesh? I’ve never heard it, not even once. I think he meant denying that God came in the flesh because John said, and He was God.
We have many who deny THAT.
I think that, and also the teaching that it is completely impossible to walk in the Spirit and not sin are antichrist and I think it is satan doing it so that the Holy Spirit will not manifest in US as He did in the apostles and the early church.

And if we look at it very honestly, we are comfortable and it’s sort of okay to go on sleeping to us because the alternative is to have satan come after you hard.

And what would happen to a fellowship that accepted, spoke warmly with and did not put out antichrists who say God did not come in the flesh and it’s impossible to walk in the Spirit and not sin? They would be dangerous reefs and we would become shipwrecked. That’s our current weakness and stagnation, to accept them and even feel they should be allowed to eat and commune with us. To think they are our brothers rather than antichrists. Coddling and welcoming antichrists…how insane is that…??

Reactions: Azim and Pearl

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was just thinking about John’s testing of the spirits/antichrists, that anyone who denies Jesus came in the flesh is an antichrist. But have you ever heard anyone claiming to be a Christian say Jesus did not come in the flesh? I’ve never heard it, not even once. I think he meant denying that God came in the flesh because John said, and He was God.
I think that, and also the teaching that it is completely impossible to walk in the Spirit and not sin are antichrist and I think it is satan doing it so that the Holy Spirit will not manifest in US as He did in the apostles and the early church.

And if we look at it very honestly, we are comfortable and it’s sort of okay to go on sleeping to us because the alternative is to have satan come after you hard.

And what would happen to a fellowship that accepted, spoke warmly with and did not put out antichrists who say God did not come in the flesh and it’s impossible to walk in the Spirit and not sin? They would be dangerous reefs and we would become shipwrecked. That’s our current weakness and stagnation, to accept them and even feel they should be allowed to eat and commune with us. To think they are our brothers rather than antichrists. Coddling and welcoming antichrists…how insane is that…??

How are you, stunnedbygrace? You asked for prayer a long time ago, and I prayed for you. It would be a blessing to hear a good report, but please do not feel compelled answer here.

You wrote a very sobering treatise, there. A liar calls a wolf in sheep's clothing a Christian brother, so such a liar bears false witness against the wolf in sheep's clothing; in other words, such a liar does not love the wolf in sheep's clothing.

We Christians do not want to be an offense to ministry of the wonderfully good news (Gospel) of Christ by being supportive of liars and deceives adulterating Word of God. Not in public, not in private.

In Christ, we love our neighbors as ourselves, so we tell the Truth (John 14:6) to theives and liars currently under the wrath of God because we were theives and liars previously under the wrath of God.

We, in Christ, love the salvation Jesus secures for us, and we want antichrists, liars, thieves, and sinners to hear the saving Word of God (John 1:1, John 1:14).

We Christians tell the liars and thieves the Truth so that they may be saved from the wrath of God, and we do this out of love.

God bless you, stunnedbygrace.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How are you, stunnedbygrace? You asked for prayer a long time ago, and I prayed for you. It would be a blessing to hear a good report, but please do not feel compelled answer here.

You wrote a very sobering treatise, there. A liar calls a wolf in sheep's clothing a Christian brother, so such a liar bears false witness against the wolf in sheep's clothing; in other words, such a liar does not love the wolf in sheep's clothing.

We Christians do not want to be an offense to ministry of the wonderfully good news (Gospel) of Christ by being supportive of liars and deceives adulterating Word of God. Not in public, not in private.

In Christ, we love our neighbors as ourselves, so we tell the Truth (John 14:6) to theives and liars currently under the wrath of God because we were theives and liars previously under the wrath of God.

We, in Christ, love the salvation Jesus secures for us, and we want antichrists, liars, thieves, and sinners to hear the saving Word of God (John 1:1, John 1:14).

We Christians tell the liars and thieves the Truth so that they may be saved from the wrath of God, and we do this out of love.

God bless you, stunnedbygrace.

I do not remember what I asked for prayer on, I’m sorry, so I can’t give a report on it.

I did not understand your second paragraph. I read it three times but could not follow what you were meaning to say.

I’m not sure how one would try to snatch others from the jaws of a wolf in sheep’s clothing other than to keep telling the truth.

Edit: It took me awhile but I finally understand what you were saying there!
And it’s good to see you too Kermos.

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Well said. And I'm glad that so many are sticking to the truth and not being swayed by those unbelievers. I have been putting some people on ignore rather than having to read their misguided posts.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well said. And I'm glad that so many are sticking to the truth and not being swayed by those unbelievers. I have been putting some people on ignore rather than having to read their misguided posts.

Sometimes I wish I could put them on ignore too but I have to read them to learn satans tactics and how he ensnares them. what we do and say out of ignorance can be forgiven. Saul/Paul was forgiven for what he did out of ignorance. He was working against God but thought he was working for God. So we can be deceived but not yet know we are deceived. But I think Judas will not be forgiven and I’ve been working on why…I think it might be because Judas knew what he was doing rather than being ignorant or deceived. I’m pondering it. What are your thoughts on it, Pearl?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sometimes I wish I could put them on ignore too but I have to read them to learn satans tactics and how he ensnares them. what we do and say out of ignorance can be forgiven. Saul/Paul was forgiven for what he did out of ignorance. He was working against God but thought he was working for God. So we can be deceived but not yet know we are deceived. But I think Judas will not be forgiven and I’ve been working on why…I think it might be because Judas knew what he was doing rather than being ignorant or deceived. I’m pondering it. What are your thoughts on it, Pearl?
I don't like to feel obliged to reply to posts like we've been seeing such a lot of lately, hence the use of the 'ignore' option. I may go so far with a discussion and then when it feels like it's going round in circles i cut out. Satan can get too much coverage even on a so-called Christian site.

As for Judas, I do sometimes wonder what became of him. I think perhaps he did repent though when he and realised what he had done and because of his remorse he hanged himself.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well look at that , you have JWS and SDA agreeing and finding common ground . Rather odd they used to be at odds with one another .
BUT so long as the other side accepts the other side , THEY FINE .
Seems to be like the common enemy of all faiths and all false religoins will be folks like me , THAT WONT compromise for anyones denomiation
or religoin . But rather will just teach the bible . I told us unity is growing , BUT ITS THE FALSE UNITY .
SOON enough mormons will agree with SDA and SDA agree with jehovas , SO LONG as they dont correct the others religoin .
COMMON GROUND IS GROWING . BUT ITS A FALSE COMMON GROUND . JESUS and the BIBLE FOR ME . I WISH Others had done the same .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't like to feel obliged to reply to posts like we've been seeing such a lot of lately, hence the use of the 'ignore' option. I may go so far with a discussion and then when it feels like it's going round in circles i cut out. Satan can get too much coverage even on a so-called Christian site.

As for Judas, I do sometimes wonder what became of him. I think perhaps he did repent though when he and realised what he had done and because of his remorse he hanged himself.

Thanks. I think I spoke too rashly about Judas. It’s not my judgement to make. I can be very incautious sometimes.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You wanna know what i see . I SEE mormons , JWS , SDA , catholics , baptists , lutherans , calvnists
and you name it , ALL starting to set aside differences and just come together for common unity .
AND ALL with A HARLOT TOO . I TOLD us this would happen .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks. I think I spoke too rashly about Judas. It’s not my judgement to make. I can be very incautious sometimes.
AND JUDAS went to HIS OWN PLACE . THAT DONT SOUND GOOD . My advice is
i would not preach Judas is roaming the pearly gates . Instead let us reread acts .
WHERE They went to cast lotts . Judas , his bishopric was taken , and he went to HIS OWN PLACE .
JESUS calls him the SON of perditoin . I think , or me thinks , too many folks are starting to create a love god that dont exist .
As for me , I SAY , YE MUST BELIEVE IN JESUS to be saved , IF NOT YOUR DAMNED . JUST like JESUS said .
Now who is lying , IS IT POPE francis and scores of protestants who say GOD IS LOVE and Even folks in other religoins who dont believe
will be saved , OR IS JESUS LYING when he said IF YE BELEIVE YOU are saved , IF NOT YOUR DAMNED .
AS FOR ME , I SAY JESUS IS THE TRUTH TELLER and any one else who says otherwise IS THE LIAR . but hey , THAT IS ME .
LET GOD BE TRUE , LET CHRIST BE TRUE but every man a liar , That you may be JUSTIFIED IN YOUR SAYINGS .
AKA, IF GOD , IF JESUS SAID IT BELIEVE IT AS TRUTH and TEST ALL MEN against THAT TRUTH .

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've always wondered why Christians like to talk about the devil. For me he was defeated at the cross and has NOTHING on me, therefore he is never in my mind. After all, what can he do to a child of God? Nothing! Scripture tells us to resist the devil and he will flee from us [James 4:7].

People go to hell BECAUSE they are sinners and without a savior!

How then can anyone be saved, you asked? Well, we must mimic what the publican cried out loud as he smote his breast, saying "Have mercy on me a sinner." Luke 18:35. This is how we ought to come to Jesus and not as many say that we must ACCEPT or believe in Him in order to be saved.

People can accept Jesus all they want but that will not bring them one iota closer to salvation.

Jesus IS God to the Glory of God.

XFire

May 14, 2022
San jose
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it that God can't have a son. And that son grow up to be just like him. In all power and glory. To sit by the one who loves him so much that he gives him all that he has.
Also James 1.13 states that God can't be tempted. Then why in Matt 4.1-4. was Jesus tempted.
When will we stop making God in our own image and start obeying the 1st and 2nd commandment

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians forget that Jesus has two natures, one as "spiritual" and the other nature as "Man."

In eternity past, God have elected, chosen, and named those whom He wanted saved. By His love and grace, He paid a tremendous price by sending His only begotten Son to earth to redeem the sins of those He elected to salvation.
Since it was man who sinned, His dear Son had to humble Himself of His glory, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men
Hence, as a man, the Son was subject to temptation!!!
But note what Jesus said when He was tempted by Satan: "
Get thee, hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the LORD thy God, and Him only shalt thou serve."
Then the devil leaveth Him. Question! Do you know why the devil left?

I don't believe a child of God has ever disobeyed the first and second commandments! Yes, I agree. Men loves to create their own god.

To God Be The Glory