For You - Kaotic!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Kaotic!

from a previous post...
Well I'm not here to debate. Just to add a thorn in the flesh to tongues speakers!

A Baptist preacher once told me about Pentecostal's...

"We can fellowship with them but we can't worship with them."

Sad isn't it?

Yes it is sad...the Baptist Preacher you are referring to is missing out on something really special. I'd just like to say that, in my hometown we have regular Praise and Worship nights that include all the Pentecostal Churches in our town, the Baptist Church [which is the largest Church in town] and some of the mainline Churches. We have an awesome time and get to know and appreciate our individual uniqueness in God.

It reminds me of twelve tribes of Israel, each Tribe were gifted in a specific area eg: craftsmen, musicians, warriors etc...but they all came from the one line and had the same God and were included in the same promises received by faith, made to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. We are not that different today...:) God loves those who love him and who love one another...and also regarding tongue speakers...this gift is from God, just as the gift of prophecy is from God...nothing is from us nor are we able to earn them in any way....God is not a respecter of persons and he gives his gifts to his children according to his will and good pleasure...Praise the Lord! :lol:

PS: I used to be a member of the Baptist Church for many years and I can tell you without reservation, they love combined worship times with us [Pentecostals] They encourage their youth to join in with ours on many occasions and a lot of my best friends still fellowship there.

Bless you!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well spoken Ms Angelina!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Thanks Rocky

Kaotic please do not think that I am trying to admonish you in any way regarding this OP. I am only trying to understand the context in which this preacher was speaking.

As a former member of the Baptist Church, I know that services are conducted in an orderly manner and worship times are placed within a time frame to give room for the preaching of the word. A whole service may take up to one and a half hours.

I can understand if he were referring to the way in which services are conducted in a Pentecostal environment, some times worship can take up an entire service as the Holy Spirit is given the freedom to lead....Awesome as it is...;) it does not leave much room for the preaching of the word...

I can still recall my first introduction to tongues talkers within a collective environment...I happen to come into a particular Church for the very first time and they were in the middle of worship.
Suddenly people were breaking out everywhere speaking in tongues...This happened to be in that very same...Baptist Church. :p

All Glory to God and blessings!!!