FORGIVEN OR NOT ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no, not willfully sin, but if one do sin, scripture, 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"

the point is as our brother Paul by the Holy Ghost points out, NOT to sin, but, Philippians 3:13 "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,"Philippians 3:14 "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

and the apostle Peter noted, 1 Peter 2:2 "As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:"

I have never seen a new born NOT make a mistake, as you said this is a process, we do better when we learn to do better.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Correct, no willful sin. And yes, new born babes crawl before they learn to walk.

1 John 2
[3] And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
[4] He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eph 4:32 says God has forgiven - past tense.
It doesn't say God has forgiven current or future sins.
It doesn't say what conditions had to be fulfilled before those past sins were forgiven.
It could very well mean you have been forgiven all sin, without being qualified

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doug, I hate rain on your parade here, but 1 John is written to the church, LoL.

Ephesians 4:32 is a reference to the fact that God received them and poured out His Spirit upon them, despite being Gentiles. It is a reference to the sins they committed when they were still "enemies in their minds," and without God and without hope in the world.

1 John 1:9 on the other hand is a reference to the ongoing relationship they had - whether Jew or Gentile - with the True and Living God. If we commit sin and fail to repent of it, judgment can come, and we can be chastised for walking in disobedience to God. Such was clearly the case throughout the New Testament.

God bless,
Hidden
I see 1 John written to the remnant of Israel as seen in various passages:
1 John 2:12 speaks only of faith in his name
1 John 2:13 Israel had the fathers
1 John 2:18 the last time is before the tribulation and the coming earthly kingdom
And more.....

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This passage says that we have been forgiven.

Agree-
Those Against God, Against Christ ...
Heartful Repentance...
Yes Forgiven (by the Lord God) For Having Been Against And no longer Against.

This passage says we have to confess to receive forgiveness.

Agree-
OF course.
If not Confessed IN Belief...the individual's Standing Remains AGAINST.
If not Forgiven ... the Individual's standing Remains AGAINST.

* No Fence sitters of the "undecided", when Separation Begins.
• If one is NOT decided WHEN Separation Begins...the undecided are accounted Against.
• The Decided FOR, are claimed.
• The "Undecided" have a small window of Opportunity TO declare their Choice.
• When the Window of Opportunity Door closes...
The Separation Claiming becomes Final.

• Matt 12:
[30] He that is not with me is against me;

Luke 12:
[23] He that is not with me is against me:

We can not, at the same time, have forgiveness, but have to confess it in order to receive it.

Correct.
Confession from the Heart- NOT the Mind.

Glory to God,
Taken