FORGIVENESS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Excellent post and very crucial in our lives. If we don't forgive others, God won't forgive us. I would include that story told about the master who had a servant who forgave him his debts. But then that servant didn't forgive debts owed to him. I forgot that scripture.?
When I was younger, I held grudges. Even after I became a Christian, I struggled with the concept of forgiveness. I agreed with it only on the basis that someone had to ask for it. I thought if God doesn't forgive us until we ask, so why should I? I learned that it wasn't necessary for others to ask. We needed to do it, not so much that it released them (because they might not care anyways), but it was for us to be healed. Wow, it works, that negative energy that you hold in vanishes. Then you actually sweep hot coals over their heads, its on them, not you anymore. Forgiveness is for our spiritual health - I like that, its much easier now. Hey, some people remain jerks all their lives, we can't let them get the best of us. We learn to turn the cheek easier when an insult comes.
So many of us have been like that Ronald but most of us have learned. Maybe the hard way and over time but we have learned. Those that don't learn or refuse to do anything about it are eventually bogged down by it.

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Amen! We are still acting today as the Lord directs us... or we should be... I saved this thought similar to yours to my computer several years ago from what I wrote on another forum:

Whether I received this thought through another or it was something the Lord gave me directly I cannot recall, but it relates to the "Acts of the Apostles" (the Book of Acts). What I have written in one of my Bibles is a cross reference to the following verse, which you may see by reading it:

"One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts." Psalm 145:4

My thought is that what is written in the Book of Acts is unfinished. The Acts of people following and obeying God, especially since the outpouring of the Holy Ghost (Acts 2) continues. One generation apparently enacted the things written in that book, but since then others throughout the entire 2000 year period have continued "acting" out new things as they have followed and obeyed God.

John wrote the following words about Jesus... "And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen" John 21:25... but people of God continue to LIVE a LIVING Book of Acts. Those people could or should include you and me and every person on this forum and/or on Praise Him as well. The Book of the Acts of the Apostles... and other people of God... continues to be written by the lives of those who continue to do His work

The Holy Ghost works in all of God's people His wonders to perform!
That's brilliant John.

Reactions: amadeus

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You went back to Reet's! lol... (Rita)
Forgiveness...hmm. There are three people who came into my life over the last decade...every one of them claiming Christianity. Never have I been as hurt or as angry as I became with them. Used me, stole big time from me, left messes, ruined rugs, on and on. God taught me a HUGE lesson here...discernment. Many good deeds from the heart can be misdirected I believe. For instance, I know this very generous Christian man who will do anything for anybody but, he does not seem to have the discernment he should have. He gives lot's of money into the hands of the "posers" in the church, over and over again but won't hear that this or that person is using drugs.
When we put our hearts out there, we are taking a chance that it will be broken so, this gal is mighty discerning with who I will have live under my roof. It has taken me a very long time to actually "feel" the forgiveness but, I say it anyhow. Their "fruit" was rotten, I got taken 3 times. Three times a charm they say, lol so...I am pleased as punch that I have my lovely niece staying with me now.
There is still some residue from the last one as she was the worst, we went to the same church and she had all of them fooled, all of them. She has not grown one iota and has her hand out all the time, never prayed with me, never studied the bible with me, never helped me, not even one time when I had foot surgery that had me off my one foot for 10 weeks. That was one horrible summer! Yes, I'm sure my residual displeasure with this one is showing :oops: Though, I DO pray to "feel" it. Not to mention, these folks would never own up to the things they did and all the lies so, forgiveness will have to be without them present. I HATE that I cannot find love feelings for her yet, I ask God for this, haven't in a while as she does not come to mind as much but, when she does, the feelings all come up again so I must shut my mind off immediately. It all comes out in the wash!
In His Name!
nancy
Those were lessons you needed. Now maybe you will discern the tares among the wheat.
We all have had hard lessons in trusting people. I have someone in my family who is a leech, always with her hands out, expecting everyone to give and for God to provide for her as well without her willingness to work like everyone else. She left her husband, her kids, in search of a millionaire boyfriend and a new exciting adventure - that didn't work. Then it was a million dollar marijuana business in California. That didn't pan out, but she manages to con several people to invest in what was a total loss for them.
Because I have discernment, I wasn't going to be taken as a fool when she asked to live with us. She's drained several people to the point when they couldn't take it any longer and evicted her.
We can forgive, but that doesn't mean we allow people to take advantage of our goodness and remove our grace and destroy our sanctity. We certainly need to avoid these toxic people. Pray for them is all you can do.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those were lessons you needed. Now maybe you will discern the tares among the wheat.
We all have had hard lessons in trusting people. I have someone in my family who is a leech, always with her hands out, expecting everyone to give and for God to provide for her as well without her willingness to work like everyone else. She left her husband, her kids, in search of a millionaire boyfriend and a new exciting adventure - that didn't work. Then it was a million dollar marijuana business in California. That didn't pan out, but she manages to con several people to invest in what was a total loss for them.
Because I have discernment, I wasn't going to be taken as a fool when she asked to live with us. She's drained several people to the point when they couldn't take it any longer and evicted her.
We can forgive, but that doesn't mean we allow people to take advantage of our goodness and remove our grace and destroy our sanctity. We certainly need to avoid these toxic people. Pray for them is all you can do.

Yes Ronald, those were lessons I had to learn and, did not realize it at the time but I sure do now. Prayers for these people are lifted to God but, I feel almost like a phony while doing it because, still have a tad bit of resentment for her. I hate that, do NOT want to feel it but, would be lying if I said I did not...
He has definitely taught me a dire lesson, and red flags will never again be ignored as, I got red flags with each of them. Live and learn...that was a tough ten year lesson! LOL.
Thank you for the input brother.
In Christ,
nancy

Reactions: amadeus and Pearl

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Ronald, those were lessons I had to learn and, did not realize it at the time but I sure do now. Prayers for these people are lifted to God but, I feel almost like a phony while doing it because, still have a tad bit of resentment for her. I hate that, do NOT want to feel it but, would be lying if I said I did not...
He has definitely taught me a dire lesson, and red flags will never again be ignored as, I got red flags with each of them. Live and learn...that was a tough ten year lesson! LOL.
Thank you for the input brother.
In Christ,
nancy
Dont beat yourself up. I dispise liars and thieves, people that manipulate and use others for their own personal gain. The toughest thing is to love your enemies.
GOD loved Jacob and hated Esau.
And how did He once judge the world with a flood.
Let Him be the judge. I comfort in then fact that nobody gets away with anything in life. They are either forgiven or on the list to be and God is working on them or not and they will be judged.

Reactions: amadeus and Pearl