Free Love Issue Is Very Important To Me!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tarmack09

Nov 16, 2008
Right now we have sitting judges all across the nation that are trying to stop people like you and me from loving each other. This is not entirely about Homosexuality. These are dirt bag sitting judges that are basically breaking your first amendment rights. Simply because they don't like someone. So if you are interested in getting married to your sweat heart and some judge doesn't like you, these sitting judges can prevent you from getting married. Who has the right to judge someones love like that?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sure wish we protected our faith from politics - every time we prostitute our beliefs and faith to the beast of politics we reduce the most important relationship in our lives to a FOXNEWS sound bite.

tarmack09

Nov 16, 2008
I sure wish we protected our faith from politics - every time we prostitute our beliefs and faith to the beast of politics we reduce the most important relationship in our lives to a FOXNEWS sound bite.

If you want to protect your faith from politics that requires getting more active with the faith based community.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to protect your faith from politics that requires getting more active with the faith based community.

I agree that we need to be as active as possible in our faith based community, but for me that means working with people in need, not being politically active.

tarmack09

Nov 16, 2008
I agree that we need to be as active as possible in our faith based community, but for me that means working with people in need, not being politically active.

That's great that you help people in need. I too try to help out when I can.

Jul 6, 2011
Right now we have sitting judges all across the nation that are trying to stop people like you and me from loving each other.
Really? Can you give me an example?

This is not entirely about Homosexuality
Its not about homosexuality at all, homoSEXuality is about sex, I love other men but I am not homosexual.

grandma dolittle

May 23, 2012
Missouri

Unfortunately, politics use anything that will get them votes and the news agencies are more than willing to report it. Our faith is held hostage and used to make a good sound bite. Things we believe or don't believe in are 'hot" topics and if we protest, it will not be printed or aired unless we threaten to burn a Koran.

Strat

Mar 25, 2012

We also show our bias don't we Aspen...the beast of politics also lives at CNN,CBS,ABC,PBS ect,ect,ect

grandma dolittle

May 23, 2012
Missouri
We also show our bias don't we Aspen...the beast of politics also lives at CNN,CBS,ABC,PBS ect,ect,ect
Strat,
Are you and Aspen best friends or what? Every post the two of you are on, you insult and resort to name calling. I do this also with a very good friend of mine. In fact, my brother said we sounded like an old married couple... good for a laugh... so I hope this is what you two are doing.

Aspen, you are as guilty. You two stop this before I come though this computer and wash your mouths out with soap( or maybe I sould say wash your hands!)

elysian

Oct 9, 2011
Strat,
Are you and Aspen best friends or what? Every post the two of you are on, you insult and resort to name calling. I do this also with a very good friend of mine. In fact, my brother said we sounded like an old married couple... good for a laugh... so I hope this is what you two are doing.

Aspen, you are as guilty. You two stop this before I come though this computer and wash your mouths out with soap( or maybe I sould say wash your hands!)

Strat is in love with aspen,lol.

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
Strat,

I am responding to the insanity of the current political climate in America where the population it seems have been reduced to a bunch of biased teenaged cheerleaders without the ability to see the evil and corruption on all sides desiring only to win the game...indulging in my Dog vs your Dog nonsense,where the excuse offered for one man's corruption and lies is the corruption and lies of another man with no thought given to the ideals and principles that the nation was founded on and that neither side gives a rip about anymore....in regard to names the only name if you want to call it that,that i have used is "liberal"...it is a legitimate term to describe a political ideology....it contains no profanity or vulgarity and i challenge anyone to quote me using such lanquage on this site.

I have nothing personally against Aspen because i don't know him personally,i only respond to what is written here...other than the existence of the Sun we disagree it seems on just about everything.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I am trying to do in love my neighbor......Am I perfect? Far from it, but I trust God will complete the good work He has started within me.

tarmack09

Nov 16, 2008
Really? Can you give me an example?

Its not about homosexuality at all, homoSEXuality is about sex, I love other men but I am not homosexual.

There was a report on CNN.com about this where a mixed race couple was trying to get married but they were prevented from getting married because of a judge in their City.. because of that one guy they were not able to get married. This really ticked me off, cause who has the right to judge people like that. I personally thought they were a good couple. I couldn't believe this when I heard it!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Homosexuality is also about intimacy. BMS - you may claim to love other men, but I doubt you would claim to be intimate with other men as a man and wife are intimate.

Jul 6, 2011
Aspen2,
All I am trying to do in love my neighbor......
Not necessarily the same thing. Lots of people claim to love their neighbour, but it depends on what one understands as love. With the love debate, the modern understanding of love is actually not love at all to God, but hated of God. This is particularly the case with sex. Sexual intercourse in the Bible is only for a man/woman union, if it is outside that it is not love but sin because God created man and woman for it. A loving relationship in the worldly thinking is often a sexual one of any kind.
Homosexuality is also about intimacy. BMS –
Intimate sexual relation yes, but that is not love to God if not within a man/woman union. To God it is just detestable and wicked suppression of the truth as you have seen from His word.
You may claim to love other men,
Well don’t you? Isn’t that what Christ commanded?
but I doubt you would claim to be intimate with other men as a man and wife are intimate.
But that is only love to non-believers, to believers ‘being intimate with other men as a man and wife’ is error, wicked suppression of the truth, and detestable to God.

tarmac09
There was a report on CNN.com about this where a mixed race couple was trying to get married but they were prevented from getting married because of a judge in their City.. because of that one guy they were not able to get married.
Sorry but that doesn’t make sense. They can still love one another even if the judge prevents them getting married cant they? It was love that you said people were being prevented from.
This really ticked me off, cause who has the right to judge people like that.
Err, the judge. Being appointed as a judge means society has given him the right. I think what you mean is, his decision is not correct.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aspen2,
Not necessarily the same thing. Lots of people claim to love their neighbour, but it depends on what one understands as love. With the love debate, the modern understanding of love is actually not love at all to God, but hated of God. This is particularly the case with sex. Sexual intercourse in the Bible is only for a man/woman union, if it is outside that it is not love but sin because God created man and woman for it. A loving relationship in the worldly thinking is often a sexual one of any kind.

Are you confused about my practice of loving my neighbor in Christ? Let me clear it up for you - I do not share Christ by having sex with my neighbor - instead, I serve my neighbor by meeting their basic needs and sharing my hope for redemption.

Intimate sexual relation yes, but that is not love to God if not within a man/woman union. To God it is just detestable and wicked suppression of the truth as you have seen from His word.

Really? You actually believe that homosexuals only experience intimacy through sexual relations? It might interest you to know that statistically, lesbian couples engage in the least amount of sex out of all forms of adult partnerships...

The fact is, homosexual relationships are more than simply the act of sex.

Well don’t you? Isn’t that what Christ commanded?

Ah....here is another example of your trademark.....cutting one of my sentences short and commenting on it out of context......how utterly meaningless.

But that is only love to non-believers, to believers ‘being intimate with other men as a man and wife’ is error, wicked suppression of the truth, and detestable to God.

Hmm....sort of like the state of the Fallen people who are engaged in the behavior? Why are you surprised? They need Jesus, not legislated morality.

When my two year old niece picks her nose and eats it, I am disgusted, but hardly surprised.

Jul 6, 2011
Aspen2,
Are you confused about my practice of loving my neighbor in Christ?
I don’t know, are you saying your practice is the modern understanding described? In which case it is counterfit and not loving one’s neighbour in Christ.

Yes as shown by the scripture. Have you been saying you believe the scripture only for us to find out that you don’t?
You actually believe that homosexuals only experience intimacy through sexual relations?
Sorry I don’t do homosexuality, I do God. HomoSEXuality may be sexual intimacy, but it is not love in God’s eyes and love according to God’s definition.
It might interest you to know that statistically, lesbian couples engage in the least amount of sex out of all forms of adult partnerships...
No, it doesnt interest me a lot, I am interested in God not gay. You need to adjust your thinking in terms of God rather than gay, what God says about this rather than what homosexual, gays lesbians think.

The fact is, homosexual relationships are more than simply the act of sex.
Then like non-believers you have also bought the lie. I can love other men without any sexual, elements so you tell me what more apart from sexual elements and sexual intimacy there is, both from a scriptural and non-believes pov.

Sort of like the state of the Fallen people who are engaged in the behavior?
I cant tell what you mean. It might help me understand if you addressed my point.. that is only love to non-believers, to believers ‘being intimate with other men as a man and wife’ is error, wicked suppression of the truth, and detestable to God... yes or no?
Why are you surprised? They need Jesus, not legislated morality.
True, but to receive Jesus if they already have a barrier they need to get rid of the barrier.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t know,

Well, at least you admit it

Yes as shown by the scripture HomoSEXuality may be sexual intimacy

So if you believe the scripture is telling us this, why are you arguing?

I am interested in gay. You need to adjust your thinking in terms gay, what homosexual, gays lesbians think.

I see. You are really confusing me now.

I can love other men sexual

oh my....

I can tell what you mean.

Finally!

*Creative editing tips from BMS.

tarmack09

Nov 16, 2008
Aspen2,
Well don’t you? Isn’t that what Christ commanded? But that is only love to non-believers, to believers ‘being intimate with other men as a man and wife’ is error, wicked suppression of the truth, and detestable to God.

tarmac09

Sorry but that doesn’t make sense. They can still love one another even if the judge prevents them getting married cant they? It was love that you said people were being prevented from.
Err, the judge. Being appointed as a judge means society has given him the right. I think what you mean is, his decision is not correct.

Excuse me but preventing someone from getting married purely based on race is wrong. It goes against the constitution of the United States Of America. These types of Judges should be ashamed of themselves. God will end up judging them in the end. They can end up loving each other without getting married.. but it wont be on paper if some idiot judge blocks them from stepping into that chapel.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Excuse me but preventing someone from getting married purely based on race is wrong. It goes against the constitution of the United States Of America. These types of Judges should be ashamed of themselves. God will end up judging them in the end. They can end up loving each other without getting married.. but it wont be on paper if some idiot judge blocks them from stepping into that chapel.
As a matter of interest, how far would they have to go to get married somewhere - another State, or, another country?