Free Love Issue Is Very Important To Me!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tarmack09

Nov 16, 2008
Well it depends most likely on what city they move too now. I personally would feel like shit after something like that happens.. I wouldn't want to do anything after that! It would literally reset my life.

I wonder if they are stopping people from finding a date too?

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
I wouldn't want to do anything after that! It would literally reset my life.
If you were truly in love, could you honestly make it just about about youself and your instinctive responses? Wouldn't it be about you and your intended bride, and how you were going to keep your promises to her, and protect her from any more hurt. You, the man?

tarmack09

Nov 16, 2008
I just think its a sin the block a marriage just based on racial issues, or because the judge doesn't like the person. No I'm not the man!

Jul 6, 2011
Aspen2,
Well, at least
At least what? Are you saying your practice is the modern understanding described? In which case it is counterfit and not loving one’s neighbour in Christ.
So if you believe the scripture is telling us this, why are you arguing?
So as it is not love why are you arguing about sexual intimacy?
No, it doesnt interest me a lot, I am interested in God not gay. You need to adjust your thinking in terms of God rather than gay, what God says about this rather than what homosexual, gays lesbians think.

BTW you changed what I wrote and presented it as my quote.
I wrote "No, it doesnt interest me a lot, I am interested in God not gay. You need to adjust your thinking in terms of God rather than gay, what God says about this rather than what homosexual, gays lesbians think. "
You quoted
I am interested in gay. You need to adjust your thinking in terms gay, what homosexual, gays lesbians think.
Don’t do that.
The fact is, homosexual relationships are more than simply the act of sex.
As I can love other men without any sexual elements, you would need to tell me what more apart from sexual elements and sexual intimacy there is, both from a scriptural and non-believes pov.

tarmac09,
Excuse me but preventing someone from getting married purely based on race is wrong.
I agree

but it wont be on paper if some idiot judge blocks them from stepping into that chapel.
But it wont stop them loving each other, unles you are implying it is more important to have it on paper than actually loving.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi tarmac09,

I didn't think you were the man. I was trying to say that if you were, your response to the situation was somewhat lacking in appreciation of the issues.

Yes, it is probably a sin for a judge to pass this kind of judgement on a couple who are in love. But, if you were the man in the couple, what you posted here, 'I wouldn't want to do anything after that! It would literally reset my life', is verging on pathetic. I'm not saying you wouldn't be upset, or, that it wouldn't 'reset' you life, but that 'I wouldn't want to do anything after that' boggles the mind. WHAT ABOUT THE GIRL??? Would she give up too?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In which case it is counterfeit

Counterfeit? Are you claiming that all people who use counterfeit money are homosexuals? Apples and oranges!

No, it doesnt interest me a lot, I am interested in God not gay. You need to adjust your thinking in terms of God rather than gay, what God says about this rather than what homosexual, gays lesbians think.

Is that what Jesus did when the men were going to stone the adulterous women?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The love of God we are shown very early in the Old Testament Books, where He told Israel to put to death any man having sexual relations with another man, or a woman having sex with another woman. That act is a abomination to God, and execution under the Old Covenant is how He showed love among His people. It's because by keeping that sin away from His people is HOW He showed Israel He loved them, not wanting them to fall into that sin.

Under Jesus Christ The New Covenant God's people do not go around executing homosexuals. But that does not change the Biblical fact that sin is STILL... an abomination to God. The only difference with The New Covenant in dealing with that sin is that God's Judgment is patient in waiting when He will judge those who commit that sin of homosexual relations.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He will judge those who commit that sin of homosexual relations.

Yep, Just like liars. I wonder why we do not treat both sins equally, like God does.?

Jul 6, 2011
Aspen2,
You are doing what the serpent did to Eve, twisting what was said.
God said "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die."
But the serpent asked a question about what God didnt exactly say "Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’? "
We can see what the serpent did with what God said, was twist it so that the meaning is changed very slightly enticing people to address something slightly different.

Yep, Just like liars. I wonder why we do not treat both sins equally, like God does.?
The problem is we have lgbt lobby groups even within the church promoting sin but no groups promoting lying as far as I am aware. If we had such groups we would be paying as much attention to that false teaching as to the lgbt stuff.
So whilst we treat the sin equally, others who tell us we don’t, are the ones who don’t treat the sins equally.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BMS said:

You are doing what the serpent did to Eve, twisting what was said.
God said "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die."
But the serpent asked a question about what God didnt exactly say "Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’? "
We can see what the serpent did with what God said, was twist it so that the meaning is changed very slightly enticing people to address something slightly different.

give me a break, BMS - I think you are having a hard time pointing out my behavior with that beam in your eye. You have been twisting what I have been saying since we started talking, along with cutting my sentences short and quoting me out of context - I am just trying to point out your behavior. You simply ignored me when I pointed it out days ago. How does it feel?

The problem is we have lgbt lobby groups even within the church promoting sin but no groups promoting lying as far as I am aware. If we had such groups we would be paying as much attention to that false teaching as to the lgbt stuff.
So whilst we treat the sin equally, others who tell us we don’t, are the ones who don’t treat the sins equally.

I do not attend churches that support homosexuality. There are plenty of politicians that make a career out of lying - and if they are pro-life, conservative Christians vote for them every time.

Jul 6, 2011
aspen2,
give me a break, BMS - I think you are having a hard time pointing out my behavior with that beam in your eye. You have been twisting what I have been saying since we started talking, along with cutting my sentences short and quoting me out of context - I am just trying to point out your behavior. You simply ignored me when I pointed it out days ago. How does it feel?
No why should I give you a break, you have even quoted me and changed what is in the quotes. If the speck in your eye is changing what I say, what is the beam in my eye, please tell. That way we can both have the speck and beam removed.

I do not attend churches that support homosexuality. There are plenty of politicians that make a career out of lying - and if they are pro-life, conservative Christians vote for them every time.
But thats not addressing the point I made. the point I made was that we have lgbt lobby groups even within the church promoting sin but no groups promoting lying as far as I am aware. If we had such groups we would be paying as much attention to that false teaching as to the lgbt stuff. So as Christians we do treat all sin equally where it is being promoted.
So your last remark about that was incorrect. OK?

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
brightmorningstar said
But thats not addressing the point I made. the point I made was that we have lgbt lobby groups even within the church promoting sin but no groups promoting lying as far as I am aware. If we had such groups we would be paying as much attention to that false teaching as to the lgbt stuff. So as Christians we do treat all sin equally where it is being promoted.
To aspen2,

I've just seached for 'idol' in the New Testament. It appears (idol, idolatry, idolater) 30 times. Lying appears 15 times and pride 10. What you are suggesting is that it's unreasonable for Christians to resist idolatry within the Church. There is no Biblical foundation for this, so, you're arguing against it because.... ? You think it's unfair for those who have given up idolatry to separate themselves unto God, to worship Him to obey their God?

Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me. 4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth: 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me; 6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Matthew 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. (See my sig?)

Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this [is] the first commandment.

Luke 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself, cannot come before the first commandment has been observed.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BMS

No why should I give you a break, you have even quoted me and changed what is in the quotes. If the speck in your eye is changing what I say, what is the beam in my eye, please tell. That way we can both have the speck and beam removed.

I am not going to go back and compile all the posts you have written based on partial sentences you have quoted from me. The record is public for all to see. If you want to have an adult discussion, without trying to win points or put me in a box, I am happy to participate - but that cannot happen until you stop drawing conclusions about the condition of my faith in God and building a case against me for being a liberal Christian. I may have politically liberal ideas, but I am not liberal about doctrine.

So your last remark about that was incorrect. OK?

I do not recognize homosexual rights within the church. Not sure how much more clear about my position on this subject I can be. Homosexuals have no right to change doctrine or tradition or scripture in the church. Now, they do have the right - like any other person, to point out errors in logic when it comes to Christian apologetics.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
I do not recognize homosexual rights within the church.
You've said this a few times, I acknowledge.

But then you use phrases like 'homosexual Christian', and 'homosexual marriage' as if they have some validity before God (and Christians), and appear ruffled about being held to account for your overly sympathetic attitude to homosexual (Idolatrous) culture - that is, overly, for a Christian.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've said this a few times, I acknowledge.

But then you use phrases like 'homosexual Christian', and 'homosexual marriage' as if they have some validity before God (and Christians), and appear ruffled about being held to account for your overly sympathetic attitude to homosexual (Idolatrous) culture - that is, overly, for a Christian.

Thanks you for saying that you acknowledge that I believe homosexuality is sinful. Several other people here have not acknowledged it so I have to continue to repeat myself.

I do not consider myself overly sympathetic towards homosexuals - I would be saying the same thing about liars outside the Church if Christians treated them like homosexuals.

We are called to love nonbelievers and not judge them.

Jul 6, 2011
Aspen2,
I am not going to go back and compile all the posts you have written based on partial sentences you have quoted from me. The record is public for all to see. If you want to have an adult discussion, without trying to win points or put me in a box, I am happy to participate - but that cannot happen until you stop drawing conclusions about the condition of my faith in God and building a case against me for being a liberal Christian. I may have politically liberal ideas, but I am not liberal about doctrine.
If you quote me, quote what I said, dont change it ok.?
I do not recognize homosexual rights within the church.
Again let me repeat the point I made. If there were groups in church promoting other sin in the same was groups like LGCM do, then believers would address them, what ever the sin, as much as they do the LGCM etc. It is not correct for people to imply Christians are obsessed or too focused on homosexuality.

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
Aspen2,
Again let me repeat the point I made. If there were groups in church promoting other sin in the same was groups like LGCM do, then believers would address them, what ever the sin, as much as they do the LGCM etc. It is not correct for people to imply Christians are obsessed or too focused on homosexuality.

There are no churches that support other sins like there are for Homoxexuals...there are of course people in those churches committing other sins but the church does not openly support them the way some churches do for Homosexuality....the whole persecution tactic Homosexuals use would have us belive they are beaten in the streets daily,its why they always make the most of anything that does happen,fact is America is pretty tolerant of Homosexuality...this of course will never satisfy them,they must have 110 % acceptence,deference,reverence from everyone,everywhere all the time.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
this of course will never satisfy them,they must have 110 % acceptence,deference,reverence from everyone,everywhere all the time.
This is consistent with the predatory nature of the spirit which drives them, which is not ashamed of turning up at a moment of worship, to do a bit trading in souls -

Genesis 14:21 And the king of Sodom said unto Abram, Give me the persons, and take the goods to thyself;

Genesis 19:4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, [even] the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter: 5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where [are] the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

Judges 19:22 [Now] as they were making their hearts merry, behold, the men of the city, certain sons of Belial, beset the house round about, [and] beat at the door, and spake to the master of the house, the old man, saying, Bring forth the man that came into thine house, that we may know him.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aspen2,

Where did I quote you?

Your second statement is so plastic I can barely manage to address it. First, I do not recognize any homosexual special interest groups in church - their message falls on deaf ears - and I am sure your church does not either. So if people you consider to be real Christians do not even recognize homosexual groups in church, why address them at all? Second, there are tons of special interest groups in church that Christians dislike as much, but never talk about - 'people for women in the clergy', 'catholics who want clergy to marry', 'people who want women elders/deacons', 'people who want new age ideas included in church activities' and on and on and on.....

There are no churches that support other sins like there are for Homoxexuals...there are of course people in those churches committing other sins but the church does not openly support them the way some churches do for Homosexuality....the whole persecution tactic Homosexuals use would have us belive they are beaten in the streets daily,its why they always make the most of anything that does happen,fact is America is pretty tolerant of Homosexuality...this of course will never satisfy them,they must have 110 % acceptence,deference,reverence from everyone,everywhere all the time.

And most of the same churches that support homosexuals also support many other ideas that would disqualify them in your mind as being Christian in the first place.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
And most of the same churches that support homosexuals also support many other ideas that would disqualify them in your mind as being Christian in the first place.
aspen, are you aware that the first epistle of John (in particular) is the handbook which answers to Paul's declamation - 2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? A person who knows God is already in a process of coming to agreement with Him on EVERYTHING. One of the evidences of this is, that they understand 1 Corinthians 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. In the other thread, you asserted your alignment with the Greek view, that the gospel is foolishness, clearly stating that you reject a significant part of the written word of God.

I have looked into the agreement between the written word of God and the words of Jesus, and there is no disagreement. If God is true, and you are relying on Him for your eternal salvation (as this is what Christians do) then if He is trustworthy with your soul at all, His word is trustworthy. Yes?

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. 24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

Just for the record, I get my doctrine from scripture, and am frequently in disagreement with popular so-called Christian doctrine.