Friends Salvation ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I only communicate with my friend [ whom I feel as if she were my sister] through the mail !
With this large family , I do not want to use the phone.. and I have kept the last batch [letters] and one spot I did not remember I seen today
and now it sounds like she may be saved ? I will ask my son to look at it and he will know for sure....... after all he is bringing up
8 children and he has preached at church.......... :)

my reason for this , I went to church more then her, and I never felt saved till we changed to a bible church..............!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the mass Christian? That is the whole idea behind this thread.

If you’ve been to Mass, you know it is Christian.

Wondering when you are going to ask if British people speak English....

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortuinetly I have been to a mass ans I would not discribe it as Christian.

Sounds like you went into it with a bias and confirmed your bias. Too bad because you missed a lot of scripture, prayer, and worship

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you’ve been to Mass, you know it is Christian.

Wondering when you are going to ask if British people speak English....

Why did I have to go to mass, when I did not understand any of it all my 50 some years ?

and from the first grade to the 6th. grade 6 day's a week.......... how boring that is for a child............

Do you understand that ?

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Unfortuinetly I have been to a mass ans I would not discribe it as Christian.
devolves around the idea that one could somehow serve God in a building full of others who all believe the same thing, cloistered together out of the world, i guess? We have some other pretty warped definitions of "service," too, i guess

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Why did I have to go to mass, when I did not understand any of it all my 50 some years ?

and from the first grade to the 6th. grade 6 day's a week.......... how boring that is for a child............

Do you understand that ?
how a little kid can recognize a grave that an adult cannot is just beyond me.
Admittedly i was never very good at adulting tho lol

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the mass Christian? That is the whole idea behind this thread.
If it is believed by a person to be Christian, that is Christ-like, why would it not be? I am not speaking about any general errors of the churches doctrines and rituals, but the faith of the individual. If the person's heart is toward God and she believe the mass is Christian who can say it is not, but God alone? Who speaks for God with regard to someone else's heart? One of who has less truth than Jesus? Which of us can always speak for God with regard to another person? Are there not time when we cannot even be sure with regard to our own heart?

I know what I believed when I was a Catholic. Yes, many of those things turned out to be wrong, but I did not believe they were wrong then... It is always how God sees it and He is never unfair. Neither should we be although probably all of us at time are.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
devolves around the idea that one could somehow serve God in a building full of others who all believe the same thing, cloistered together out of the world, i guess? We have some other pretty warped definitions of "service," too, i guess
Do every one of them believe exactly the same thing, just because they attend the same church building under a given set of prescribed rules? As even the Catholics here have admitted not all Catholics believe or follow all of the rules set by the powers that be for that church. This is so for Catholics as it is so for every other church of my experience. Some may be better, but every single one misses the mark as a group. Not so, every individual, among Catholics or Protestant or other Christians [if there are others]. How can we judge all of their hearts?

Only God can do that and He will.

Reactions: bbyrd009

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Happy Ash Wednesday

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave up sadness for Lent....

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I was wrong I did send a few letters with verses and a track...... and after waiting a while, I have a letter and
now to me she does sound like she is saved.... I will ask my son tonight, and if he thinks she is ..........wow ! I will be
so very happy...... I'll let you all know, when I find out...... thanks for helping. :):D

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I guess I was wrong I did send a few letters with verses and a track...... and after waiting a while, I have a letter and
now to me she does sound like she is saved.... I will ask my son tonight, and if he thinks she is ..........wow ! I will be
so very happy...... I'll let you all know, when I find out...... thanks for helping. :):D

Well Grams, that does sound wonderful.
Even if she is seriously interested and seeking she will find God...
Funny how we talk about "finding God" and it does seem to us, as if we find Him...yet we know He is the Good Shepherd and He does the seeking and drawing. :)

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh ! I forgot to ask him and he is in bed now....... have to wait till tomorrow evening .