Full Preterism + Universal Reconciliation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Gog and Magog Russia Putin part I have mentioned before is under a dispensationalist futurist assumption, which assumes that the prophecy has not come true. Recently, a friend of mine has shown strong evidence that Gog and Magog has already happened, preterism, and is just history in the past. Right now, eschatologically speaking, I believe in full preterism, which is defined as

101 Preterist Time-Indicators in the New Testament – Preterist Archives

Full preterism is the view that all eschatological events necessary to secure complete redemption for all believers, past, present, and future have been fulfilled.

Thus, I’ve realized that all end times Bible prophecies have already come true. Because all eschatological events were created to secure a “complete redemption” for believers. Therefore, when someone believes in Christ, they are already fully redeemed. It was already finished in the Destruction of the Temple at 70 AD by Titus.

Of course, there are still people in this day who do not yet believe. However, when they believe, they are already completely redeemed by the Holy Spirit. In Genesis 15:6, Abraham believed in God and it was counted as righteousness, thus saved. A prophecy of the future for Christ to come. Incomplete redemption as Jesus did not die yet. Now, Christ has already died for our sins, thus the prophecy has been fulfilled, and all those in the past are completely redeemed. So, when someone believes, they are completely redeemed.

My friend has shown me preterism and it has very strong evidence pointing in favour of it! As such, as of March 30 2023, I have gone back to my previous futurist dispensationalist assumption posts on Tentmaker and have added the following disclaimer to them.

This is under the assumption that Gog and Magog prophecy hasn't already been fulfilled (a dispensationalist futurist assumption). Under preterism, the Gog and Magog prophecy is ancient history and has already been fulfilled. The video series below discusses very strong points about the last days having already occurred.

Russia attacked Poland, a NATO member.

Vladmir Putin prophesied? (Ukraine and Russia war)

Online Song

The LORD is my strength and song Exodus 15:2

View Profile https://jesus-saves-all.com/ Email Personal Message (Online)

Re: Vladmir Putin prophesied? (Ukraine and Russia war)

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:03:28 AM »

Modify

Remove

Edit: I create this update since a friend of mine pointed this out to me. In Ezekiel, I mentioned a dispensationalist futurist view point, which assumed that the prophecy of Gog and Magog had not been fulfilled. However, from a preterist view point, which has strong arguments from what I've seen (see video series below), Gog and Magog is ancient history and has already been fulfilled.

Below is the email response I wrote that convinced me to make this article

Email #56 March 30 2023​

Luke 21:20-22 mentions “fulfillment”. That desolation being near, surrounded by armies, from a Preterism view, would have already happened. Ah I see… Past history confused for future prophecy.

Ohhh, and on 32 it says “generation”. Human life spans are typically last as much as 120 Genesis 6:3. Mark 13:30 and Matthew 24:34 mention this same “generation” too! So, it appears those events were fulfilled within those 120 years in the past, like Gog and Magog, which has already been fulfilled.

Very interesting video series! So the last days, which has already happened, is the 70th week of Daniel:9! A lot of “sevens” in that chapter. Interesting how the temple was destroyed in AD 70 by Titus, another seven. Ahh… now I can see the issue with using trying to get history that has already happened and say it has not. A lot of dispensationalism is popular, so it can be tricky to get out of the mindset. My earliest views of eschatology was with dispensationalism, just like how my earliest views of salvation was ECT. How unfortunate that the truth, like UR, is not well known to this generation.

5:46 of this video talks about that generation in a way I find interesting.

Very strong evidence from this video series. Now… I am in a tricky situation, due to my past postings of Gog and Magog. Well… due to the discovery of this information, the least I can do is this my friend :)

Summary for all 66 Bible Books

Vladmir Putin prophesied? (Ukraine and Russia war)

Summary for all 66 Bible Books

I have gone to my dispensationalist futurist assumption posts about Gog and Magog and added a disclaimer to them, and posted a link to this preterist video series. I value this information you have given to me greatly. Those are what I can find at the moment. While those posts are already posted, the least I can do is to provide that follow-up in light of this new “revelation” that you have shown me, so to speak. <3

I have made mistakes in the past, I used to believe in ECT and Annihilationism. And… I don’t know exactly how many of my beliefs are true or false. And to be honest, it can be scary thinking about how many of my beliefs may be wrong. Though, I know sola fida, eternal security, UR is true, that’s for sure! However, I believe in scripture, which is truth and scriptural evidence, like what you’ve shown me in favour of preterism. And I think, over time through reading and rereading the Bible, we learn more and more of God’s truth.

Thank you very much for providing me with these findings, brother. I am grateful to have met you.

Thanks for sharing my friend. It's over ten years later, and today, I also had a preterist exchange with a friend, for a while over email that I met on a Zoom call. In terms of eschatology, out of all the views, right now at this moment I see strong arguments that show preterism is true.

It's tricky because, I have made futurist dispensationalist assumption posts in the past. I've gone ahead and added disclaimers to them on Tentmaker, it's the least I can do. But I am convinced by scripture above all, and I try to let go of any bias I may have.

In terms of pride, I also suffer with that a bit. But then I remember that I falsely believed in Eternal Concious Torment and Annihlationism too. Albeit, I discovered Preterism after UR, but the concept is the same. Bible proofs lead to truth!

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Preterism = past. The End Times with the tribulation, the second coming of Christ, the big bad guy with the “the” Antichrist has already happened around 70 AD during the Destruction of the Temple by Titus. A lot of futurists = future are left predicting random calendar dates for Christ’s Second Coming, even though it’s already happened! XD Still, I used to be like them, thinking I would suddenly get raptured up on a specific date I knew, it was confusing times. But Preterism makes more sense.

Links: Preterist Websites

Full preterism is the view that all eschatological events necessary to secure complete redemption for all believers, past, present, and future have been fulfilled.

Thus, you can call me a full-preterist.

Mello = about to, soon, quickly.

Acts 17:31 - Paul Before the Areopagus

Acts 17:31 For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.” (NIV)

He will
μέλλει (mellei)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 3195: A strengthened form of melo; to intend, i.e. Be about to be, do, or suffer something.

Matthew 16:27 - Take Up Your Cross

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

will

μέλλει (mellei)

Verb - Present Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular

Strong's 3195: A strengthened form of melo; to intend, i.e. Be about to be, do, or suffer something.

come

ἔρχεσθαι (erchesthai)

Verb - Present Infinitive Middle or Passive

Strong's 2064: To come, go.

Romans 8:18 - Future Glory

I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

that will be

μέλλουσαν (mellousan)

Verb - Present Participle Active - Accusative Feminine Singular

Romans 16:20 - Avoid Divisions

The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

will soon crush

συντρίψει (syntripsei)

Verb - Future Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular

Strong's 4937: From sun and the base of tribos; to crush completely, i.e. To shatter.

[Satan, the fallen angel, will become a believer in God because it mentions that this “shatter” is “to bruise”. So the Devil is wounded, but not completely destroyed. Therefore, in his weakened state, He will become a believer in Christ and be saved. Of course, assuming that Satan is an actual entity and not a concept. I personally believe He is an entity, a creature created by God with sin that must be washed away by faith.].

Luke 9:39 V-PPA-NNS

GRK: ἀπ' αὐτοῦ συντρῖβον αὐτόν

NAS: does it leave him, mauling him [as it leaves].

KJV: again, and bruising him hardly

INT: from him bruising him

1 Corinthians 10:11 These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come. (NIV)

1 Corinthians 10:11 And all these things as types did happen to those persons, and they were written for our admonition, to whom the end of the ages did come (YLT)

1 Corinthians 10:11 - Warnings from Israel's Past

has come.

κατήντηκεν (katēntēken)

Verb - Perfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular

Strong's 2658: From kata and a derivative of anti; to meet against, i.e. Arrive at.

Hebrews 1:14 - The Supremacy of the Son

Hebrews 1:14 are they not all spirits of service -- for ministration being sent forth because of those about to inherit salvation? (YLT)

will

μέλλοντας (mellontas)

Verb - Present Participle Active - Accusative Masculine Plural

Hebrews 8:13 - The New Covenant

in the saying 'new,' He hath made the first old, and what doth become obsolete and is old is nigh disappearing.

will soon

ἐγγὺς (engys)

Preposition

Strong's 1451: Near. From a primary verb agcho; near.

Hebrews 10:37 - A Call to Persevere

He who

ὁ (ho)

Article - Nominative Masculine Singular

Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

is coming

ἐρχόμενος (erchomenos)

Verb - Present Participle Middle or Passive - Nominative Masculine Singular

will come

ἥξει (hēxei)

Strong's 2240: To have come, be present, have arrived. A primary verb; to arrive, i.e. Be present.

and

καὶ (kai)

Conjunction

Strong's 2532: And, even, also, namely.

will not delay.

χρονίσει (chronisei)

Strong's 5549: To delay, tarry, linger, spend time. From chronos; to take time, i.e. Linger.

[From a futurist perspective, 2000 years is a long hour! Even in God’s time, 1000 years is a day]

wait… WAIT…. I just realized!!!!!

First, we know it’s a FACT that 1000 years = a day, since the Bible tells us it’s a fact

2 Peter 3:8 But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. (ESV)

1000 years = 1 day

1 day = 24 hours

John 11:9 Jesus answered, “Are there not twelve hours in the day? If anyone walks in the day, he does not stumble, because he sees the light of this world.

12 hours in the day + 12 hours in the night = 24 hours in a full day

thus…

1000 years / 24 = 41.666… so around 40.

1 hour

Genesis 6:3 Then the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.” (NIV)

Thus

1 Lord Day = 1000 Human Years

1 Lord Hour = 40 Human Years

3 Lord Hours = Max Human Lifespan 120 years.

Mark 15:25 It was the third hour when they crucified Him.

Jesus died around 30 AD. Source: Jesus | Facts, Teachings, Miracles, Death, & Doctrines

30 AD + 40 = 70 AD. The Destruction of the Temple date!

1 John 2:18 - Beware of Antichrists

1 John 2:18 Little youths, it is the last hour; and even as ye heard that the antichrist doth come, even now antichrists have become many -- whence we know that it is the last hour;

is coming,

ἔρχεται (erchetai)

Verb - Present Indicative Middle or Passive - 3rd Person Singular

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Last hour = 40 years!

My UR Preterist friend said that a generation is around 40 years too. It all makes sense now! Mathematical proof my friends!

Revelation 22:12

And lo, I come quickly, and my reward is with me, to render to each as his work shall be;

quickly,

ταχύ (tachy)

Adverb

Strong's 5035: Quickly, speedily. Neuter singular of tachus; shortly, i.e. Without delay, soon, or suddenly, or readily.

Without delay! So without a 2000 year delay as dispensationalist futurists posit, but within the generation of 40 years! 30 AD Jesus’ death to 70 AD the Destruction of the Temple, the Second Coming of Christ!

Revelation 1:1 The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,

soon

τάχει (tachei)

Noun - Dative Neuter Singular

Strong's 5034: Quickness, speed; hastily, immediately. From the same as tachus; a brief space, i.e. in haste.

Revelation 1:3 Happy is he who is reading, and those hearing, the words of the prophecy, and keeping the things written in it -- for the time is nigh! (YLT)

time [is]

καιρὸς (kairos)

Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular

Strong's 2540: Fitting season, season, opportunity, occasion, time. Of uncertain affinity; an occasion, i.e. Set or proper time.

near.

ἐγγύς (engys)

Adverb

Revelation 1:7 Look, he is coming with the clouds,” and “every eye will see him, even those who pierced him"; and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.” So shall it be! Amen.

He is coming

ἔρχεται (erchetai)

Verb - Present Indicative Middle or Passive - 3rd Person Singular

Revelation 1:19 Write the things that thou hast seen, and the things that are, and the things that are about to come after these things;

after

μετὰ (meta)

Preposition

Strong's 3326: (a) gen: with, in company with, (b) acc: (1) behind, beyond, after, of place, (2) after, of time, with nouns, neut. of adjectives.

WAIT A MINUTE!!!!

After = meta. Facebook renamed themselves Meta to promote their own metaverse. Afterverse. Verse of God = life. Afterlife? Was Zuckerberg trying to create his own artificial afterlife? His own version of Heaven, paradise? Only faith alone in Jesus Christ saves us, the only heavens are the one of the Lord Christ Jesus my friends!

Revelation 3:10 - To the Church in Philadelphia

Revelations 3:10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth. (NIV)

Revelations 3:10 'Because thou didst keep the word of my endurance, I also will keep thee from the hour of the trial that is about to come upon all the world, to try those dwelling upon the earth. (YLT)

is about

μελλούσης (mellousēs)

Verb - Present Participle Active - Genitive Feminine Singular

to come

ἔρχεσθαι (erchesthai)

Verb - Present Infinitive Middle or Passive

Revelation 14:7 - The Three Angels and Babylon's Fall

saying in a great voice, 'Fear ye God, and give to Him glory, because come did the hour of His judgment, and bow ye before Him who did make the heaven, and the land, and sea, and fountains of waters.' (YLT)

hour

ὥρα (hōra)

Noun - Nominative Feminine Singular

Strong's 5610: Apparently a primary word; an 'hour'.

Revelation 22:6 - Jesus is Coming

Revelation 22:6 And he said to me, 'These words are stedfast and true, and the Lord God of the holy prophets did send His messenger to shew to His servants the things that it behoveth to come quickly: (YLT)

soon

τάχει (tachei)

Noun - Dative Neuter Singular

Strong's 5034: Quickness, speed; hastily, immediately. From the same as tachus; a brief space, i.e. in haste.

Revelation 22:10 - Jesus is Coming

Rev 22:10 Then he told me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near. (NIV)

And he saith to me, 'Thou mayest not seal the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is nigh; (YLT)

near.

ἐγγύς (engys)

Adverb

Revelation 22:12 - Jesus is Coming

Rev 22:12 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. (NIV)

And lo, I come quickly, and my reward is with me, to render to each as his work shall be; (YLT)

I am coming

ἔρχομαι (erchomai)

Verb - Present Indicative Middle or Passive - 1st Person Singular

quickly,

ταχύ (tachy)

Adverb

Strong's 5035: Quickly, speedily. Neuter singular of tachus; shortly, i.e. Without delay, soon, or suddenly, or readily.

Revelation 22:20 - Nothing May Be Added

Rev 22:20 he saith -- who is testifying these things -- 'Yes, I come quickly!' Amen! Yes, be coming, Lord Jesus! (YLT)

I am coming

ἔρχομαι (erchomai)

Verb - Present Indicative Middle or Passive - 1st Person Singular

soon.”

ταχύ (tachy)

Adverb