function of quote icon in reply screens

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi HammerStone,

I thought I'd post this publicly because I need more help in defining the problem.

Just after I PMd you about this, I had a day where it worked perfectly every time. Since then, it has gone back to being random. My posts are mostly in only three forums, so I don't know if the same is occurring in other forums.

All I can say is, it's unpredictable. Occasionally it works right at the start of a post, but that is rarer than it working further down the post, where it may work for several quotes in a row, but even that being no guarantee it will work to the last.

I'm still using IE8 on a Vista laptop. Could it be I need to change my browser?

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi HammerStone,

I thought I'd post this publicly because I need more help in defining the problem.

Just after I PMd you about this, I had a day where it worked perfectly every time. Since then, it has gone back to being random. My posts are mostly in only three forums, so I don't know if the same is occurring in other forums.

All I can say is, it's unpredictable. Occasionally it works right at the start of a post, but that is rarer than it working further down the post, where it may work for several quotes in a row, but even that being no guarantee it will work to the last.

I'm still using IE8 on a Vista laptop. Could it be I need to change my browser?

I hate to be the one to just say "yeah, upgrade!"

However, I use IE 8 at work, and from what I've seen it's very buggy with Javascript/Ajax-intensive things like the quote tool. That very well could be your issue. I've been unable to reproduce the issue, but I keep my browsers all pretty updated. I'll try to get on at work and see if that makes a difference.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
I hate to be the one to just say "yeah, upgrade!"

However, I use IE 8 at work, and from what I've seen it's very buggy with Javascript/Ajax-intensive things like the quote tool. That very well could be your issue. I've been unable to reproduce the issue, but I keep my browsers all pretty updated. I'll try to get on at work and see if that makes a difference.

:) I don't mind hearing the truth! ;)

I'll wait for your verdict, and prepare myself. I've had IE 9 before on a different machine and was irritated by it. Maybe it's been upgraded by now!

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi Axehead,

Thanks for your advice.

I've had Chrome before, and ended up uninstalling it again. Right now, I can't remember why. :mellow: