Fundamentalist Christianity is fear-based?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nah I prefer to have compassion for humanity rather than condemnation for it

You know, like a Christian instead of Satan

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nah I prefer to have compassion for humanity rather than condemnation for it

You know, like a Christian instead of Satan

God agrees with you. That's why God came to us in the form of Jesus, in order to take away ALL of the sins of the world in order to save ALL people!

John 1:29
29 The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

1 Timothy 4:10 esv
For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Fundamentalist Christianity is fear-based?​

When we believe that God required Jesus to be killed to forgive our sins we set ourselves up for a fear based view/ interaction of and with God.

Jesus was murdered by us because we could not tolerate his revelation of God. We still do it by insisting our focus is on ourselves. Self insists on being in the place of priority/ importance......and insecurity is its result.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Self insists on being in the place of priority/ importance......and insecurity is its result.​

What you have stated is the root of self righteousness.
Self Righteousness, within Christianity is trying to make SELF right with God, by SELF.....effort.

Consider the amazing situation that God had to bring to us, so that by Jesus coming down here, to die....... we can once again belong to God.
That is a lot of EFFORT on the part of GOD and Christ to make it possible for a human to be restored to God's family.

And a person would instead believe that THEY can somehow equal this that God has provided as the Cross of Christ by trying to keep commandments and law and other SELF effort such as getting into some water.........

A person actually believes that they can EQUAL what God has done.... through The Cross by their water baptism and their self effort and trying to be like Jesus and keeping this and doing that and all this SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS.....

This is SUCH an insult to the Cross of Christ.
This is such a denial of the Grace of God, to be trying to do that, and to believe it.

Isn't that Crazy?
Paul said that the believer who is doing this, is "BEWITCHED"...."in the Flesh".
YET, its a fact of millions and millions who are trying to stay saved by self, by performance, by law, commandments, water, and works...., instead of believing that JESUS KEEPS YOU SAVED.
You have to just marvel that a Christian ...does not believe... that Christ who SAVED THEM..... keeps them Saved.
And usually its a CHURCH or a COMMENTARY or some deceiver who has you trying to do this for yourself, Reader.

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Fundamentalist Christianity is fear-based?​

When we believe that God required Jesus to be killed to forgive our sins we set ourselves up for a fear based view/ interaction of and with God.

Jesus was murdered by us because we could not tolerate his revelation of God. We still do it by insisting our focus is on ourselves. Self insists on being in the place of priority/ importance......and insecurity is its result.
Speak for yourself. I did not murder Jesus.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Hell exists for people

Hell exists for the "devil and his angels" and for all Christ rejectors, who died never being born again.
So, that means that the devil is their spiritual father and God isn't, so, they will end up after they die, with their spiritual father.

"HELL was created for the DEVIL".

He is the spiritual FATHER of the person who was never born again by Jesus's Father.

A.) The born again go to THEIR FATHER, after they die = Heaven

b.) The never born again go to THEIR FATHER, after they die = Hell

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First off, we are all going to hell in someone's eyes.

Honestly to me the whole idea of heaven and hell is like the carrot and the stick. I cannot wrap my mind around how one could consider themselves to be 'saved without them looking down on anyone else who doesn't believe what they believe. Heaven and hell are two sides of the same coin. There really is no heaven or hell, there is just the coin. I think God is a lot like that, just what is. Unconditional love/freedom. All that truly is, is the here and now. Whether I'm on earth, Mars, heaven, or hell, I am always just 'here'.

I love that guy.
I couldn't load the details of the video. Is he a Catholic priest?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God agrees with you. That's why God came to us in the form of Jesus, in order to take away ALL of the sins of the world in order to save ALL people!

29 The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.
Great post, thanks!
I love that quote by the forerunner, John the Baptizer. “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!"
He understood why Christ had come, and spoke prophetically about him.

The Apostle Paul says it this way.

Romans 5:18-19
Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people,
so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people.
19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners,
so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

Reactions: Patrick1966

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No. Perhaps you can enlighten me!

This is beyond absurd!!!
What you have done to the least you've done it to me......Jesus
'But I say to you, that whosoever is angry with his brother, shall be in danger of the judgment.....' Matt. 5:22

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sorry, but you are reading that verse wrong!

Jesus is the Savior of all mankind. there is no other Savior mankind can turn to! but then Paul added - especially of believers.

In order to obtain that Salvation Jesus bought one must turn to Him in faith. And the bible clearly says most won't.