FUNNIES

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My best bud in college was "that one guy". A foot of snow on the ground, and he'd be walking around in a down vest and gym shorts.
People who can do that must have a different internal thermometer to the rest of us. Makes me shiver just to think about it.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People who can do that must have a different internal thermometer to the rest of us. Makes me shiver just to think about it.
It's a circulatory system thing. Your blood pressure changes to accommodate the cold weather. As we age your body loses the ability to adjust to cold weather. (It's also easier to put on weight)

I never have had this ability. I froze and got frostbite several times when I lived in Idaho. It hurt a lot every time.

But I have low blood pressure. I have never and won't likely ever have to take HBP medication. It's genetics. Makes it to where without a gallon of coffee I am not awake. And I usually can work in high heat better and longer than most others. (I actually wake up and feel better in high heat) I can get heat stroke and have...but I'm more careful about it these days.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't bother her while she's eating, grumpy cat lives:
421200716_777022867803632_7854335584910667858_n.jpg

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you hear about the guy that got put in to Jehovah Witness Protection?

He had to go door to door... telling everyone he was somebody else!

• Haha
Reactions: Debp

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reminds me of the polar bear clubbers.
Every winter they take a plunge in the lake and to raise money for a charity.

I'm,no. I'll write the charity a check and avoid changing into my favorite color. Blue.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Reminds me of the polar bear clubbers.
Every winter they take a plunge in the lake and to raise money for a charity.

I'm,no. I'll write the charity a check and avoid changing into my favorite color. Blue.
There are groups who do that here in the UK too. New year's day is a favourite time and sometimes they even have to break the ice before they can go in. Definitely not for me.