Furry friends and firewood

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We tend to imagine what we can accept or handle.
However, I have to admit, I have met people who have almost scared themselves to death through fearful imaginings.
Imagination is vital to a child's development and when I was a child I read a lot and listened to plays on the radio and 'saw' it all in my mind - as I still do. There was scary stuff too like The Day of the Triffids which I remember but they say a certain amount of scary stuff is also good for kids - some of the so-called fairy stories are quite dark. But 'fearful imaginings' are a different matter and have no place in the lives of Christians.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 9076

This is Sparky. I watched be born and held him in my arms when he died. He was a sweet cat.
My gosh that is tough stuff, very much like losing a member of the family. Sorry you had to go through all of that. I have lost beloved family members dried eyes, but have cried like a baby over the loss of a cat.

Reactions: amadeus

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My gosh that is tough stuff, very much like losing a member of the family. Sorry you had to go through all of that. I have lost beloved family members dried eyes, but have cried like a baby over the loss of a cat.
Some people won't have pets because they fear the grief of losing them but I think it's worth it for the companionship and pleasure they bring.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear you loud and clear. I can still remember every dog I ever had. I often remember their beginning with me ... and also that very painful end.

The first one I remember was when I was a very small boy. Her name was Blondie [my first Blondie as there was another one later] and we lived on a quiet street in a small town. In spite of the usual quietness of the street a car hit her and I was the only person around. I ran to her as she lay crushed and bleeding to death. I could not understand why in her pain she growled and snapped at me her very best friend. It took me a long time after she was gone to understand why she acted that way. I had a lot of tears both due to losing her and because of her very strange behavior toward me at her end.