Furry friends and firewood

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taking time to thank God for furry friends and firewood as it snows in Blacksburg.

324106_4e4a77a1e2e7c778cc91fa9eaeebd1fc.jpg

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, the fire place. Human's first TV.
I remember my first TV was a large console radio. Before my family invested in a TV set I would come home from school and lie down in front of the radio watching the dial display for selecting stations while I listened to favorite programming [Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Sergeant Preston, etc.]. I would dream that somehow that lighted display would become a TV screen and I would be able to see the action being described on the program in progress. I guess I was a dreamer in those days.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I was a dreamer in those days.
iv. F.B. Meyer described how we should react to God’s amazing gifts towards us: “Let us dare to believe that it is so. Accept and value your position.
In Christ, we are more than tolerated; we are loved.
We are more than forgiven; we are arrayed in fair garments.

The King greatly delights in us. In His eyes, and because His beauty is upon us, we are all fair.”

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I remember my first TV was a large console radio. Before my family invested in a TV set I would come home from school and lie down in front of the radio watching the dial display for selecting stations while I listened to favorite programming [Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Sergeant Preston, etc.]. I would dream that somehow that lighted display would become a TV screen and I would be able to see the action being described on the program in progress. I guess I was a dreamer in those days.
Same here, except at home we only listened to the news and music. Later, my parents bought a transistorized radio, and I got the old valve radio with shortwave. This is where my daydreaming took over. I listened to radio stations around the world, and imagined living there. Other times I would just find sound effects, such as the time chime, and Morse code, and pretend I was in a WW2 submarine. Actually, this was the impetus towards my Amateur Radio and electronics career (in my early years).

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No cats, but a couple of other furry critters also without firewood.

Attachments

• Blondie & Patches (6).pdf
    733.6 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And after the fire and before TV my dad had a fish tank.
I tried a fish tank myself once. It was really nice and the whole family liked it. When after a while I realized it was always going to be up to me alone to maintain it, it went by the wayside... And my fish were never furry!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I do believe what we could "see" in our minds as kids when we listened to those early radio shows was actually better than when we saw it on TV later.

Children these days seem to have lost the depth of true imagination...

I love the verse- " Moses endured as seeing Him who is invisible. "

@rockytopva Lovely thread. Thank you :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do believe what we could "see" in our minds as kids when we listened to those early radio shows was actually better than when we saw it on TV later.

Especially perhaps because we were innocent still of all the junk that even we, ourselves, were later to consume. Place then had to be made for Jesus to enter into us later on... We had to go back to childhood?

"And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven." Matt 18:3-4

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Our imaginations worked overtime as we listened to the radio. I remember 'Journey Into Space' and 'In Town Tonight', 'The Goon Show' and many more.

Reactions: amadeus

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do believe what we could "see" in our minds as kids when we listened to those early radio shows was actually better than when we saw it on TV later...
We tend to imagine what we can accept or handle.
However, I have to admit, I have met people who have almost scared themselves to death through fearful imaginings.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We tend to imagine what we can accept or handle.
However, I have to admit, I have met people who have almost scared themselves to death through fearful imaginings.

True, the imagination can be yielded to God or to the Devil....used for good or evil ...just like our soul or body can.

"Know ye not that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey ..his servant ye are to whom ye obey "....