Galatians 2:20

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Something that blows me away is that God himself, in all his holiness and love, would dwell in the heart of man - in me!

We have been brought into union with God by the blood of Jesus.

Nothing can separate us from him any longer.
He is closer than our breath.
He is more real than the very ground beneath our feet.

The New Testament is filled with truth about our union with God.

Galatians 2:20 “I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.”

Romans 6:4 “We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.”

Colossians 1:27 “To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.”

There is never a single moment that you are apart from God.
God is in you and with you through every trial, success, victory, and defeat.
He is for you and available to you all day, every day.
Even in our sin, God remains.
Even in our rebellion, God dwells within us.

What’s left for us to do is learn how to allow this union to permeate every area of our lives.
To work out our salvation is to learn to cast aside that which belongs to our former self and live out of our new identity as unified with Christ himself.

If we’re going to truly centre our lives around meeting with God, we must learn to acknowledge the fact that he is already with us.

He is not a distant God who has to travel from his throne in heaven down to us whenever we make time for him.
He’s not a God who only dwells in churches, fellowships, ministries, or clergy.
He is the God who dwells within you, loves you, likes you, and longs to be with you in constant communion.

Take time to renew your mind to the truth of your union with God.
Ask him to reveal his nearness that you might “walk in newness of life” today (Romans 6:4).
Make space in your heart and mind to allow the presence of God to permeate every area of your life.

Fix your eyes on Jesus!

……………………..

Prayer
Spend some time meditating on your union with God.
Renew your mind by placing your trust in Scripture rather than your feelings or past experiences.

“I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” Gal 2:20

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.” 2 Cor 5:17

“Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own.” 1 Cor 6:19-20

As Jesus begins to live in us, everything about us begins to change.

· Our minds change.
· Our desires change.
· Our wills change.
· Our relationships change.
· Ultimately, our reason for living changes.

Possessions and position are no longer our priorities.
Comfort and security are no longer our concerns.
Safety is no longer our goal, because self is no longer our god.
We now want God’s glory more than we want our own lives.
The more we glorify God, the more we enjoy Him and realise that this is what it means biblically to be a Christian.

"Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ" Phil 3:8

Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal his nearness.
Ask him to help you be a person who receives rather than strives and who rests rather than toils.

“Be still, and know that I am God.” Psalm 46:10

So often we take feelings of loneliness, rejection, shame, and guilt and believe that they must be truth.
Truth isn’t found in our emotions, but rather in the word of God.
Our mind is the gateway to our emotions.
We feel the way we do because of what we perceive and believe.
If we engage in the process of renewing our mind to God’s word, our emotions will get in line with truth.
You and God are one.
There is nothing you or anyone else can do to change that.
Allow the truth of Scripture to guide you into a lifestyle of centring your life around the union already available to you in Christ.

Sent to me via e-mail.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Something that blows me away is that God himself, in all his holiness and love, would dwell in the heart of man - in me!

We have been brought into union with God by the blood of Jesus.

Nothing can separate us from him any longer.
He is closer than our breath.
He is more real than the very ground beneath our feet.

The New Testament is filled with truth about our union with God.

Galatians 2:20 “I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.”

Romans 6:4 “We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.”

Colossians 1:27 “To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.”

What’s left for us to do is learn how to allow this union to permeate every area of our lives.
To work out our salvation is to learn to cast aside that which belongs to our former self and live out of our new identity as unified with Christ himself.

If we’re going to truly centre our lives around meeting with God, we must learn to acknowledge the fact that he is already with us.

He is not a distant God who has to travel from his throne in heaven down to us whenever we make time for him.
He’s not a God who only dwells in churches, fellowships, ministries, or clergy.
He is the God who dwells within you, loves you, likes you, and longs to be with you in constant communion.

Take time to renew your mind to the truth of your union with God.
Ask him to reveal his nearness that you might “walk in newness of life” today (Romans 6:4).
Make space in your heart and mind to allow the presence of God to permeate every area of your life.

Fix your eyes on Jesus!

……………………..

Prayer
Spend some time meditating on your union with God.
Renew your mind by placing your trust in Scripture rather than your feelings or past experiences.

“I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” Gal 2:20

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.” 2 Cor 5:17

“Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own.” 1 Cor 6:19-20

As Jesus begins to live in us, everything about us begins to change.

· Our minds change.
· Our desires change.
· Our wills change.
· Our relationships change.
· Ultimately, our reason for living changes.

Possessions and position are no longer our priorities.
Comfort and security are no longer our concerns.
Safety is no longer our goal, because self is no longer our god.
We now want God’s glory more than we want our own lives.
The more we glorify God, the more we enjoy Him and realise that this is what it means biblically to be a Christian.

"Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ" Phil 3:8

Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal his nearness.
Ask him to help you be a person who receives rather than strives and who rests rather than toils.

“Be still, and know that I am God.” Psalm 46:10

So often we take feelings of loneliness, rejection, shame, and guilt and believe that they must be truth.
If we engage in the process of renewing our mind to God’s word, our emotions will get in line with truth.
You and God are one.
Allow the truth of Scripture to guide you into a lifestyle of centring your life around the union already available to you in Christ.

• V5.7-SQ.jpg
Sent to me via e-mail just now.
@Pearl: That's a good picture and text there... :)

Reactions: Pearl and dev553344

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Gal. 2:20 has become one of those "name it claim it" verses that people adopt for themselves in order to ignore its significance. The meaning is lost when a verse becomes popularized by religious interests. It is the best way to hide a difficult truth. Paul did not say..."I am creating a new religion whereby you just have to repeat everything I experienced in a "just-as-if I was Paul" mantra. A new justification through the words of Paul replacing the justification of an actual faith by an actual grace???

Paul experienced the depths of Christ. Bible readers are experiencing only what Paul is saying. We need our OWN experience of what Paul is testifying of. We need to go to the cross ourselves.

To be crucified with Christ means that a part of us...the carnal outer man....is out of the way. The power of sin and death is overcome by the law of life in Christ. So then with everyone claiming to be crucified we should be hearing how the miraculous walk in Christ that is above sin and death is being experienced.

But that is not the case. Religious indoctrination is no replacement for an actual walk in resurrection life.

Something has to give. We like being pampered and pandered to in the outer man. But there is no eternal reality to it. Should we insult the grace of God in order to feel "saved" in our present state? Or should we fear the Lord and humble ourselves by being HONEST about our true condition (ixnaying the supposed "positional" fictions that have become so popular in the prevalent religious culture).

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and God are one.
Amen!!

Another passage I'm reminded of,

1 Corinthians 1:27-31 KJV
27) But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28) And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29) That no flesh should glory in his presence.
30) But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
31) That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A new justification through the words of Paul replacing the justification of an actual faith by an actual grace???
Assuming someone is only mouthing words, yes, of course. But justification that is by grace through faith, is real, none the less.

Romans 4:22-5:2 KJV
22) And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
23) Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;
24) But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
25) Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
1) Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2) By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a most amazing truth, and I find nothing as transformative in my life than to remember this truth. That God has removed my sin from me, and I will never be separated from Him again. So no matter what, I remain in union with God, as Jesus intercedes for me, and His Spirit always gives me life.

Always!

Much love!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Amen!!

Another passage I'm reminded of,

1 Corinthians 1:27-31 KJV
27) But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28) And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29) That no flesh should glory in his presence.
30) But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
31) That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Much love!
@marks I do find myself coming back, over and over, to 1 Corinthians 1.30: such fulness of redemption in Christ...

Reactions: Taken

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Assuming someone is only mouthing words, yes, of course. But justification that is by grace through faith, is real, none the less.

Romans 4:22-5:2 KJV
22) And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
23) Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;
24) But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
25) Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
1) Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2) By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Much love!
We are justified by faith...of course. What you are missing here is the level of justification being addressed. It is an evangelical fiction to add in here..."shall be imputed the righteousness of God..." (emphasis mine here...and a mistaken assumption by those who add to the words from God)

Now admit that's what you read into the above text! ;)

The same goes for verses like..." I did not come to call the righteous to repentance" No indoctrinated evangelical can read that without adding in their SELF into it. As in...self-righteousness. Such is the wisdom of God that only those who are indeed self-righteous will read it that way. It's brilliant! :)

When we are not careful we will add in or subtract from the text we are reading in order to satisfy our pre-determined understanding we have receive through religious indoctrination. WITHOUT that indoctrination we are able to see that Paul here is speaking of a HUMAN righteousness level...like that of Abraham.

From being justified by faith we are given ACCESS into the full measure of grace (THIS grace) in which we stand.

The believing ON Him (epi) is to believe OVER Him...and this is not the same as believing INTO (eis) Him. It's the little words that cause confusion.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you are missing here is the level of justification being addressed.

Romans 4:4-8 KJV
4) Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
5) But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
6) Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
7) Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
8) Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is an evangelical fiction to add in here..."shall be imputed the righteousness of God..."

Philippians 3:6-9 KJV
6) Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
7) But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
8) Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
9) And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same goes for verse like..." I did not come to call the righteous to repentance" No indoctrinated evangelical can read that without adding in their SELF into it. As in...self-righteousness. Such is the wisdom of God that only those who are indeed self-righteous will read it that way. It's brilliant!
In this you are saying Jesus didn't come to call the self-righteous? If find it fine to leave His words "as is".

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From being justified by faith we are given ACCESS into the full measure of grace (THIS grace) in which we stand.
By that same faith in Christ.

Romans 5:1-2 KJV

Much love!