Galatians 2:20

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Guess what all of your opinions look like to me? I really do suggest you lay aside your thoughts about me, and just consider what I'm saying here.

Much love!
I know what you are saying. I have read the statements of faith that most people here are parroting. But there is NO understanding coming from the argumentation...because as soon as a verse is cited that totally destroys the premise of the statement of faith...it is either...

1. ignored outright
2. obfuscated to mean nothing (no honesty)...just a twist and shout.
3. Used to accuse the person who cited it as trying to know more than him/her.

So then on judgment day there will be no excuse...just weeping and anger.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Maybe you simply cannot see me through your own conceptions.

Much love!

I know the difference between the outer man and the inner man. There is no way an outer man can fake the fear and humility required for a real connection with God. It goes against his nature to do so. No, the doctrines must be turned around to favour a smug self-assurance. When you see a radical love of such twisted doctrines you can know what part of a person is clinging to it.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know the difference between the outer man and the inner man. There is no way an outer man can fake the fear and humility required for a real connection with God.
That doesn't mean you see me. Nor does this mean you have any actual knowledge of my relationship with my Creator. Nor does it mean your personal opinions of me are useful, helpful, or appropriate. They only divert from real dialog. And coincidently, they seem to come from you when I start posting Scriptures which show truths seemingly in conflict with what you state.

I'd find it more useful if you were to stay on the topic of the teaching of the Bible, rather that switching to share your opinions of me.

Much love!

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have read the statements of faith that most people here are parroting.
You realize my quotes are from Scritpure, and not whatever statements of faith you have in mind, right?

As far as the twisting and shouting and obfuscations, that's how I view the personal opinion diversions. When I post a Scripture, showing a simple truth, and you reply with personal negative opinions . . . well, like I said before . . . if you find responses to you like that, what do you call it? What would you say if I just started talking about how carnal you are, how carnal your thinking is, and how that keeps you from understanding God? I'm not making those statements, mind you, I'm asking you,

Would you consider that reasonable or helpful?

Much love!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That doesn't mean you see me. Nor does this mean you have any actual knowledge of my relationship with my Creator. Nor does it mean your personal opinions of me are useful, helpful, or appropriate. They only divert from real dialog. And coincidently, they seem to come from you when I start posting Scriptures which show truths seemingly in conflict with what you state.

I'd find it more useful if you were to stay on the topic of the teaching of the Bible, rather that switching to share your opinions of me.

Much love!

One day Mark might say. "Man I didn't realize how much my outer man was burying my inner man. I'm sure glad that pesky Epi guy stayed on my case otherwise I might never have come through the time of blindness. I was SO SURE that I was rich and in need of nothing. Man, what was I thinking?" "Oh, I almost forgot...much love" "OOPS...that was a cover-up practice that I have to stop doing." :)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One day Mark might say. "Man I didn't realize how much my outer man was burying my inner man. I'm sure glad that pesky Epi guy stayed on my case otherwise I might never have come through the time of blindness. I was SO SURE that I was rich and in need of nothing. Man, what was I thinking?"
And one day someone just might say . . . I'm glad Mark was so patient with me!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Oh, I almost forgot...much love" "OOPS...that was a cover-up practice that I have to stop doing."
That is very easily seen through, don't you know?

Honesty with one's self is much to be desired.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the doctrines must be turned around to favour a smug self-assurance. When you see a radical love of such twisted doctrines you can know what part of a person is clinging to it.
So then address your comments to those who have such smug self assurance, but here it's baseless innuendo.

Innuendo, presumption, ignorant opinions, none of these are helpful or appropriate.

As we cannot seem to attain to a better direction in our conversation, we should stop.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What’s left for us to do is learn how to allow this union to permeate every area of our lives.
To work out our salvation is to learn to cast aside that which belongs to our former self and live out of our new identity as unified with Christ himself.

If we’re going to truly centre our lives around meeting with God, we must learn to acknowledge the fact that he is already with us.
I think it's important to likewise understand He condescends to us.

Psalms 103:10-14 KJV
10) He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
11) For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
12) As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
13) Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.
14) For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.

Hebrews 4:14-16 KJV
14) Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
15) For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
16) Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Hebrews 7:24-25 KJV
24) But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.
25) Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Philippians 3:20-21 LITV
20) For our citizenship is in Heaven, from where we also wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,
21) who will transform our body of humiliation, for it to be conformed to His body of glory, according to the working of Him to be able even to subject all things under Himself.

Wonderful promises!!

Much love!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something that blows me away is that God himself, in all his holiness and love, would dwell in the heart of man - in me!

We have been brought into union with God by the blood of Jesus.

Nothing can separate us from him any longer.
He is closer than our breath.
He is more real than the very ground beneath our feet.

The New Testament is filled with truth about our union with God.

Galatians 2:20 “I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.”

Romans 6:4 “We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.”

Colossians 1:27 “To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.”

There is never a single moment that you are apart from God.
God is in you and with you through every trial, success, victory, and defeat.
He is for you and available to you all day, every day.
Even in our sin, God remains.
Even in our rebellion, God dwells within us.

What’s left for us to do is learn how to allow this union to permeate every area of our lives.
To work out our salvation is to learn to cast aside that which belongs to our former self and live out of our new identity as unified with Christ himself.

If we’re going to truly centre our lives around meeting with God, we must learn to acknowledge the fact that he is already with us.

He is not a distant God who has to travel from his throne in heaven down to us whenever we make time for him.
He’s not a God who only dwells in churches, fellowships, ministries, or clergy.
He is the God who dwells within you, loves you, likes you, and longs to be with you in constant communion.

Take time to renew your mind to the truth of your union with God.
Ask him to reveal his nearness that you might “walk in newness of life” today (Romans 6:4).
Make space in your heart and mind to allow the presence of God to permeate every area of your life.

Fix your eyes on Jesus!

……………………..

Prayer
Spend some time meditating on your union with God.
Renew your mind by placing your trust in Scripture rather than your feelings or past experiences.

“I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” Gal 2:20

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.” 2 Cor 5:17

“Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own.” 1 Cor 6:19-20

As Jesus begins to live in us, everything about us begins to change.

· Our minds change.
· Our desires change.
· Our wills change.
· Our relationships change.
· Ultimately, our reason for living changes.

Possessions and position are no longer our priorities.
Comfort and security are no longer our concerns.
Safety is no longer our goal, because self is no longer our god.
We now want God’s glory more than we want our own lives.
The more we glorify God, the more we enjoy Him and realise that this is what it means biblically to be a Christian.

"Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ" Phil 3:8

Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal his nearness.
Ask him to help you be a person who receives rather than strives and who rests rather than toils.

“Be still, and know that I am God.” Psalm 46:10

So often we take feelings of loneliness, rejection, shame, and guilt and believe that they must be truth.
Truth isn’t found in our emotions, but rather in the word of God.
Our mind is the gateway to our emotions.
We feel the way we do because of what we perceive and believe.
If we engage in the process of renewing our mind to God’s word, our emotions will get in line with truth.
You and God are one.
There is nothing you or anyone else can do to change that.
Allow the truth of Scripture to guide you into a lifestyle of centring your life around the union already available to you in Christ.

• V5.7-SQ.jpg
Sent to me via e-mail just now.

That was awesome, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Pearl

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Maybe the problem is that some don't believe that God is able to make a man righteous?
Which means a faulty understanding of the Gospel. If we did not have this revelation in the Bible we would not believe that God gives sinners the gift of eternal life freely through Christ.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is never a single moment that you are apart from God.
God is in you and with you through every trial, success, victory, and defeat.
He is for you and available to you all day, every day.
Even in our sin, God remains.
Even in our rebellion, God dwells within us.

Is that a quote from scripture, because I don't recognize it. Maybe a paraphrase?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that a quote from scripture, because I don't recognize it. Maybe a paraphrase?

I can see some verses the author probably drew from.
I don’t have a problem with the paragraph at all. Of course, some will take it to give hugs and pats to their flesh, but it will strengthen the trust of others.
They will perhaps say, I don’t know why God let this happen to me but I know He is faithful, even when I’m not and I know He will work this for my good and the good of others. I can’t see what He is doing but I trust Him even though this is painful.
I guess I would prefer that the author show the verses that clearly pop up in my head when I read the paragraph.

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which means a faulty understanding of the Gospel. If we did not have this revelation in the Bible we would not believe that God gives sinners the gift of eternal life freely through Christ.

The problem in man's false teaching based on human reasoning is they say that Jesus gives sinners eternal life but without Him doing anything to change us supernaturally. You know, like becoming born again of the Spirit, and making us dead to sin. If we start to walk better but it is over a long time, that is US doing it through knowledge and our will power, and not God. Then the New Covenant is no better than the Old Covenant. It is still by our works then.

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived.

Reactions: Pearl and Episkopos

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The problem in man's false teaching based on human reasoning is they say that Jesus gives sinners eternal life but without Him doing anything to change us supernaturally.
What does the Bible says? Was Abraham changed supernaturally BEFORE he believed? The New Birth takes places after someone is justified by grace through faith. At that point the person a a newborn babe in Christ. And that means there must be a process of sanctification over time.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does the Bible says? Was Abraham changed supernaturally BEFORE he believed? The New Birth takes places after someone is justified by grace through faith. At that point the person a a newborn babe in Christ. And that means there must be a process of sanctification over time.

No, because Abraham still had his old nature that is only killed on the cross of Jesus. It was Abraham's obedience based on his belief in God's words that was only imputed as righteousness. In Christ, He makes our righteousness REAL. That mystery is what you don't understand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Episkopos and Pearl

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

This is more ridiculousness that has the coming of Christ to be a side-show compared with the supposed REAL righteousness....that of Abraham. o_O

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady