Garden of Eden Location

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I agreed with most of what you said...and can see it...but we parted ways on the last dozen lines you wrote. That I cannot see or agree with ....
When God said " don't eat" He obviously knew what was best for them...but they ate anyway. But He obviously knew what was in man, as He put it there. The impossible task.
So, I personally believe that He knew they would , even before they were created. He had already "prepared The Lamb" slain before the creation...so,... "making man in Our image and likeness" was a Plan that had a long way to go...not just the creation of Adan...it has not even yet , come to its completion.
Philippians 1:6

" Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"
I believe that is where we differ....I believe it is both " here" yet not here yet, in its fullness....'I think' that you believe that The Day is already here...But I look for something better than where we in the Spirit right now.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there a spiritual significance to the story of Eden? I do believe there are many. I’ve always known the Gospel message can be seen in every page of the Bible, and if we don’t see the Gospel it doesn’t mean it’s not there.

The Garden represents where God lives. The tree of Good and Evil and the tree of Life are synonymous. Both trees represents the Lord Jesus in that we get our daily sustenance (daily bread) we eat of Him as He is the Bread of Life that came down from heaven. He is the second person in the Godhead to experience good (as God) and evil (He took upon Himself the sins of all those who will believe in Him who knew no sin). Adam and Eve were forbidden to eat off of the tree of good and evil because there was no sin as yet. The command to forbid was also a test to see if they would be faithful to God. The rest is history.

After the disobedience of Adam and Eve, they were removed from the garden and God put Cherubims and a flaming sword to prevent them and others from entering in and these are those who want to enter in by their works instead of through the work of the Lord Jesus.

The story of the Garden of Eden, as in all stories in the Bible, is full of spiritual elements. For instance, why did God make coats of skin to clothe Adam and Eve? What was the purpose? Well this is food for thought.

This is all I’m going to comment for now.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jun2u

You have some interesting thoughts there...some that will take we time to digest. Some things I had not see in that light. I always have to "muse" on new thoughts ....
Intersting post.

...in His Victory...

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My comments are not “new” thoughts as you supposed. The events we read in the Garden of Eden were written long before Jesus was born to show us the central teaching of the Gospel message.

Since you did not ask for me to expound on the questions I posted in my last post, I will explain anyway so there will be no mistaking that Jesus is the Saviour of the world. As you have also mentioned, “the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world.”

Ge 3:7 reads: “And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.”

The word “naked” in scripture means to be under judgment. When we are naked, it is said that everything are exposed even our sins. Adam and Eve knew they sinned against God so they made fig leaves to cover their sins, but God also made coats of skins to clothed them (v. 21). Why?

Although we don’t know whether Adam and Eve were saved, the spiritual reality indicated in Ge 3:21, is akin to the covering of Christ’s robe of righteousness which God puts upon all believers!

I hope and pray this short comment helped in some way.

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: Helen

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the type of “so called” Christian that give Christians a bad name by judging too quickly! Please read posts #15 and #16.

Here I thought this was a Christian forum.

And, your slogan is in error. Creation does stop!

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Naturally, the Garden of Eden's geographic location is not important because spiritually, God has a land in us. God did all the work in the Garden and Adam got all the benefits of it until he sinned and Jesus is the last Adam and at the moment of salvation you don't live outside the Garden anymore, God has you in a spiritual Garden where He does all the work and you get to work out what He works in. The Word of God is the Sword and we have access to the Tree of Life.

Reactions: Helen