gay man who fell inlove to a priest.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mar 25, 2008
Confession of a Gay Man.What a great blessing that we have a website like this. Praise the Lord.Not sure if you ever read a situation like mine.I’m a single 28 years old gay man who had an affair with a military priest who is in his 30’s. I didn’t find that out until I persistently asked him why we can’t be together, after we became really closed. I believed in all my heart that we have a strong connection and have a lot of common with. Someone who I want to spend my life with. Someone who I have deep connection with.We both believe that we have feelings for each other but I don’t know how to support his belief that we can’t be together. He takes the vow of celibate chastity in order to give himself totally to Christ and souls, all his mind, heart and will. Would it be wrong for him to follow his heart; to take a chance on the promises of million beautiful tomorrows that our love holds? Would it really be a sacrifice for him to leave the church now – or has the sacrifice been the years he has already served to the church? Is it selfish to think this way towards how I feel about him?I think he has paid his time. I think he should take the leap of faith on us.He is leaving next month to be station somewhere else and it’s killing me. I often think of him everyday and I prayed to God to help me understand the whole thing.I often cried at night because I can’t help to think that a guy that I loved deeply will never be mine. I’m hurt and I don’t exactly know how I’m going to handle this especially now that his in the process of moving to another states. The sad thing about is when I ask him if we should keep in touch, he choose to not continue that since it will be hard for him as well.I don’t know exactly how to word this out since my grammar aren’t that good, so please excuse my grammar. Although I need some type of support and help on how to cope up with this type of trials, if that’s what you called that.Please let me know and God Bless.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Interesting.I'm sorry, but a gay person cannot live a Christian life. It's a sin just like theft, murder, fornication, etc. It's a sin, and a person who sins cannot be in the same line with God.You two can be best buds though
smile.gif

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Disordered connection being Gay is not a sin. Lusting over men is a sin, just like lusting over women is a sin for those of us who are straight. But what is also a sin for you is having intercourse with another man. That is strictly forbidden under Gods law. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that being Gay is not a sin, but living a gay lifestyle is.

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
Homosexual is a sin. You can not call yourself a non-sinner when you have an attraction to guys. Fishing,lust is not envolved in everything I do not LUST over a women who I might like. Therefor that does not work. Homosexuality is a sin. Because if you look at the definition it says sexually attracted to ones own sex.If he is attracted it is a sin. Because he is still thinking "gay" which to clarify does not mean *homosexual*.So I am not for this at all. It is wrong for this man to pick you over God.sorry I am being blunt

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Letsgofishing;42692)
Disordered connection being Gay is not a sin. Lusting over men is a sin, just like lusting over women is a sin for those of us who are straight. But what is also a sin for you is having intercourse with another man. That is strictly forbidden under Gods law. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that being Gay is not a sin, but living a gay lifestyle is.
Are you kidding me letsgofishing? Being a homosexuality is difinately a sin...I can so quote scriptures to prove that.Leviticus 18:22 - Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.Genesis 1:27 - So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.Genesis 2:24 - Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.Romans 1:23-24 - And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:Romans 1:25 - Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.Romans 1:26-28 - For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
Yall are confusing me with your responses. Their sin is just like any of ours. And everyone here is a sinner, but we are forgiven. But we are still sinners none the less. I don't see why people address homosexuality like it is different from any other sin!To Disorderedattracition:I understand this is very hard for you but maybe it is for the best. Maybe his moving away will keep you from being tempted to sin. You must try and keep your eyes on God and do what he desires for you. God will not put any troubles on you that you cannot handle, you just have to be strong. And learn to lean on God, put your troubles to God, he will help you get through the difficult times!

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(Wakka;42688)
Interesting.I'm sorry, but a gay person cannot live a Christian life. It's a sin just like theft, murder, fornication, etc. It's a sin, and a person who sins cannot be in the same line with God.You two can be best buds though
smile.gif
This is ridiculous! So your saying somebody who sins cannot be a Christian? And since you say your a Christian I assume you no longer sin EVER! I have another friend who believed that because he is a Christian he is no longer a sinner, well news flash, everyone sins, Christian or not. A Christian is someone who accepts Christ and repents of their sins. A person who lies and repents of their sins is a Christian even though they will almost definitely lie again. In the same way a gay person can be a Christian.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
disorderedAunderstand please that it is not you we are judging but the sin that we hate we have great empathy for your pain but can not encourage sin as the answer. I can tell you that Love is sometimes caring enough for a person to let them go if you love him as much as you say why would you want to tempt him with sin?He is not leaving you as much as he is putting temptation as far away as he can to remain friends would be more difficult for him to rise above the temptation ...he has taken an oath and you must honor that oath and whatever he must do to keep it. Its no different than if you were in Love with a married woman she has made a oath to another in the sight of Godif she decides to honor her oath you should support it if you really care for herI think you are thinking to much on your own feelings and not considering his thats not love Love is being willing to do anything even let someone go if thats what will allow them to happy and honor their promise (oath ) to God

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(followerofchrist;42707)
This is ridiculous! So your saying somebody who sins cannot be a Christian? And since you say your a Christian I assume you no longer sin EVER! I have another friend who believed that because he is a Christian he is no longer a sinner, well news flash, everyone sins, Christian or not. A Christian is someone who accepts Christ and repents of their sins. A person who lies and repents of their sins is a Christian even though they will almost definitely lie again. In the same way a gay person can be a Christian.
What I was saying was that a person can not live a life of constant sin and still be a Christian. Sure people fall back every once in a while. God is Light, and in Him is no shred of darkness.1 John 1:5-6
5This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
To repent of one's sins is to completely turn away (cast aside).disorderedattraction, let me ask you this. What is better, your pleasure right at this moment, or your eternal salvation and presence with Christ?It would most certainly be with Christ. Not only is the joy with Christ much better than any ecstasy or lustful desire, but the whole feeling of being saved and being favored by God takes all of the depression, troubled thoughts, and throws it away. Honestly, a Christian person wouldn't care much if they die soon. Because they'll spend eternity with Christ.This whole grain of life is nothing compared to eternity. The things we do and the things people follow is just stupid. Why not just dedicate your entire life to the Lord? That's my philosophy.

zail

Feb 14, 2008
D.A., Hey bud. I'm sorry you've got so much pain in spite of what's been happening in your life. I've been through some similar situations. The Lord loves us beyond what we can comprehend and wants what's best for us. Maybe you know that, but sometimes He does things we don't like that keep us safe and discipline us to be more like Him. If we don't follow Him, we're giving ourselves over to the pain and deah of being separate from Him. He does these hard things to do what's really best for us. Really the bigger problem in all of our lives isn't that we might not get some things we want (like having a relationship with another person), but it's the problem of how we are born separated from God. Since this is the REAL problem; since it's the thing that matters in the rest in eternity, we should submit to the Lord through the hardships of life to find our way to where He wants us to be. If you do this, I promise, you'll have a greater joy when this is all over than you would if you got to keep this relationship. In other words, I want to encourage you to take this event as a call from God, saying "don't get caught up in this relationhip, get caught up in Me, the one who REALLY loves you and REALLY want what's best. Then you'll get to have the desires of your heart." As hard as it is, you should let go of this. Trust the Lord who is THE very devoted lover who WON'T EVER leave you. Then be ready for Him to guide you to what's truely best for you. Shift your passion for this man, to Christ the Savior. He won't let you down, bro. Since your screen name is "DistortedAttraction", it sounds to me like you know what your own struggle is. Fix your attraction and I think your trial will be much easier to get through. After we go through hardships in this life, as long as we follow Him, we'll really find the things we wanted all along, and just didn't know it. By the way, welcome to these boards. I noticed you joined this week. I hope you find yourself at home around us.
biggrin.gif

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
(followerofchrist;42707)
Homosexual,you quit,repent=Christian LifestyleHomosexual,you don't quit,don't repent=Un-Christian LifestyleThe difference is,Christian Lifestyle we know we will sin,we repent of our sins. We are Christian.You are homosexual,you never repent you are not living the Christian life.
smile.gif
Simple.Btw The word "gay" is the wrong definition of what you all are trying to use.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(Dukester;42814)
Homosexual,you quit,repent=Christian LifestyleHomosexual,you don't quit,don't repent=Un-Christian LifestyleThe difference is,Christian Lifestyle we know we will sin,we repent of our sins. We are Christian.You are homosexual,you never repent you are not living the Christian life.
smile.gif
Simple.Btw The word "gay" is the wrong definition of what you all are trying to use.
I'm sure everyone here knows that gay means happy but its much easier and common than using homosexual.

Mar 25, 2008
(followerofchrist;42706)
Yall are confusing me with your responses. Their sin is just like any of ours. And everyone here is a sinner, but we are forgiven. But we are still sinners none the less. I don't see why people address homosexuality like it is different from any other sin!To Disorderedattracition:I understand this is very hard for you but maybe it is for the best. Maybe his moving away will keep you from being tempted to sin. You must try and keep your eyes on God and do what he desires for you. God will not put any troubles on you that you cannot handle, you just have to be strong. And learn to lean on God, put your troubles to God, he will help you get through the difficult times!
Thanks for the feedback fellowofchrist.

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
I am sorry for what I am about to say,because it will unavoidably hurt you.You say you have had an affair with a priest. If this man cannot be faithful to God then he surely is not able to commit or be faithful or true to you.He is living a lie and he is preying on young men who are susceptible.I would say the same thing had you been a woman and a priest. He wants his cake and his halfpenny. I would cut your losses and let him go. If he was true to God he would not have had a relationship with you.( I wish I could give you a hug) And if he really loved you he would given up his false ways and be with you.I am so sorry you are in so much pain. But you are open and honest about your life. He is still hiding and pretending about his.Try talking to him about the above and you will see for yourself that you are better off out of this relationship if he will not give up his lies and false life.Concerned for you. Faithful.(disorderedattraction;42686)
Confession of a Gay Man.What a great blessing that we have a website like this. Praise the Lord.Not sure if you ever read a situation like mine.I’m a single 28 years old gay man who had an affair with a military priest who is in his 30’s. I didn’t find that out until I persistently asked him why we can’t be together, after we became really closed. I believed in all my heart that we have a strong connection and have a lot of common with. Someone who I want to spend my life with. Someone who I have deep connection with.We both believe that we have feelings for each other but I don’t know how to support his belief that we can’t be together. He takes the vow of celibate chastity in order to give himself totally to Christ and souls, all his mind, heart and will. Would it be wrong for him to follow his heart; to take a chance on the promises of million beautiful tomorrows that our love holds? Would it really be a sacrifice for him to leave the church now – or has the sacrifice been the years he has already served to the church? Is it selfish to think this way towards how I feel about him?I think he has paid his time. I think he should take the leap of faith on us.He is leaving next month to be station somewhere else and it’s killing me. I often think of him everyday and I prayed to God to help me understand the whole thing.I often cried at night because I can’t help to think that a guy that I loved deeply will never be mine. I’m hurt and I don’t exactly know how I’m going to handle this especially now that his in the process of moving to another states. The sad thing about is when I ask him if we should keep in touch, he choose to not continue that since it will be hard for him as well.I don’t know exactly how to word this out since my grammar aren’t that good, so please excuse my grammar. Although I need some type of support and help on how to cope up with this type of trials, if that’s what you called that.Please let me know and God Bless.

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
(Faithful;42900)
I am sorry for what I am about to say,because it will unavoidably hurt you.You say you have had an affair with a priest. If this man cannot be faithful to God then he surely is not able to commit or be faithful or true to you.He is living a lie and he is preying on young men who are susceptible.I would say the same thing had you been a woman and a priest. He wants his cake and his halfpenny. I would cut your losses and let him go. If he was true to God he would not have had a relationship with you.( I wish I could give you a hug) And if he really loved you he would given up his false ways and be with you.I am so sorry you are in so much pain. But you are open and honest about your life. He is still hiding and pretending about his.Try talking to him about the above and you will see for yourself that you are better off out of this relationship if he will not give up his lies and false life.Concerned for you. Faithful.
Faithful it seems to me you are trying to baby him,oh "try talking to him",it's like you are trying to say well I at least you are honest,so it makes it okay. It is a sin. Stop it completely,you may have feelings,drop them do not talk to this man.I am straight forward it is a sin.

Nyoka

Mar 26, 2008
disorderedA God's word tells us that homosexual and lesbian acts are a sin - Rom 1:26-27. This man was sooo wrong to misuse you like this. The problem now for you is that if you carry on in homosexual acts you are willfully sinning. My heart does go out to you in this situation but you have to make a decision weather you want to carry on sinning or not. It is not easy but it is possible as I do have friends who have done it. Please understand that I don't want to condemn you as a person but just want you to see what path you will set yourself on if you keep on with the homosexuality. God can help with the heartbreak you are going through and anything else you want Him to if you will give Him a chance. God only condemns the sinner if he hangs on to the sin and wont give it up.God bless you and keep you

Mar 25, 2008
(Dukester;42703)
Homosexual is a sin. You can not call yourself a non-sinner when you have an attraction to guys. Fishing,lust is not envolved in everything I do not LUST over a women who I might like. Therefor that does not work. Homosexuality is a sin. Because if you look at the definition it says sexually attracted to ones own sex.If he is attracted it is a sin. Because he is still thinking "gay" which to clarify does not mean *homosexual*.So I am not for this at all. It is wrong for this man to pick you over God.sorry I am being blunt
I dont recall calling myself a non sinner.

Nyoka

Mar 26, 2008
disorderedattraction I just wanted to come on and see how you were doing. You haven't posted for a little while so I was worried about how you were doing. Our emotions and feelings are not easy things to deal with at the best of times. I am praying for you. God bless you.