Genesis 1:3

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply, but that's old Ancient Greek Astronomy belief in the universal aether, where a substance that was said to fill all space and make up all bodies, and that these bodies move through this substance, or as some say a thick cloud cover around the earth. well that has been proven false. well the sky is clear, and light propagate through an empty space between the earth and the sun.

Now we agree that the sun, moon and stars was created in the beginning, that's RAW matter, (the without form, the H8414 תֹּהוּ toh),now comes the shaping, forming, and the designing of these RAW materials (without form), this was done in the "DAYS", which on day 4 was the lights in the sky was shaped, formed and designed to give light upon the earth.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

I'm not talking about no aether, I'm talking about there could possibly been clouds surrounding the planet. What I'm thinking is on day 4 the process that God started when he said let there be light, those clouds began clearing until by day 4 you could see the source of light, the sun during the day and see the moon and stars at night.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not talking about no aether, I'm talking about there could possibly been clouds surrounding the planet. What I'm thinking is on day 4 the process that God started when he said let there be light, those clouds began clearing until by day 4 you could see the source of light, the sun during the day and see the moon and stars at night.
good thinking, but give me a verse for that thinking.

PICJAG

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Don't agree. The scripture at Genesis 1:1 is talking about when God created the physical universe, which means our sun was created then too. You want to deny that, so be it.

I deny what you said by the letter, the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. Who preaches Scriptures by the letter is a killer, a killer of souls, for only the Spirit gives life, says the Word of God. The Word is God, do you understand?

I do not deny what God revealed to Moses about 3,500 years ago. God, the Father, is Spirit, and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in Truth.

I am not against you, but against the lie, against the false interpretation of Scriptures, the Word of Truth. God is the Truth.

Be careful

In Christ
Oseas (Hosea)

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
good thinking, but give me a verse for that thinking.

PICJAG

It's possible there was a cosmic dust cloud of vapor and debris which prevented the light from the sun from being visible on the surface of the earth.
Translator J.W. Watts believe that when God said, "let there be light," that this was a gradual process, as is indicated by him when he translated Genesis 1:3 as, “And gradually light came into existence," in his Distinctive Translation of Genesis.
Also Job 38:1-9 would go along with there being clouds around the Earth I believe.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I deny what you said by the letter, the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. Who preaches Scriptures by the letter is a killer, a killer of souls, for only the Spirit gives life, says the Word of God. The Word is God, do you understand?

I do not deny what God revealed to Moses about 3,500 years ago. God, the Father, is Spirit, and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in Truth.

I am not against you, but against the lie, against the false interpretation of Scriptures, the Word of Truth. God is the Truth.

Be careful

In Christ
Oseas (Hosea)

The spirit of God had Genesis 1:1 written. The Hebrew word "bara" which is translated create is there in Genesis 1:1. So Genesis Chapter 1 verse 1 tells us that the physical universe was created, which includes our sun.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's possible there was a cosmic dust cloud of vapor and debris which prevented the light from the sun from being visible on the surface of the earth.
Translator J.W. Watts believe that when God said, "let there be light," that this was a gradual process, as is indicated by him when he translated Genesis 1:3 as, “And gradually light came into existence," in his Distinctive Translation of Genesis.
Also Job 38:1-9 would go along with there being clouds around the Earth I believe.
GINOLJC, to all.
First, thanks for that reply, second, I have hear of that theory, but the scriptures don't agree with it. follow me, Genesis 1:3 "And God said, Let there be light: and there was light."Genesis 1:4 "And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness."Genesis 1:5 "And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day."

NOW THE FOURTH DAY,

Genesis 1:14 "And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:"Genesis 1:15 "And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so."Genesis 1:16 "And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also."Genesis 1:17 "And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,"Genesis 1:18 "And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good."Genesis 1:19 "And the evening and the morning were the fourth day."

now there is a couple of distinction between what happen on day 1 at the beginning, and day 4.

#1. God divided the light from the darkness in verse 4, on the first day. but in verse 14 it is the sun and the earth that divide the day from the night. so we have two division of light/day, and darkness/night. now if it was good, why divide again? and three in verse 4 it's "LIGHT" single designation, whereas in verse 14 it's plural.

#2. Here's the revelation,
the definition of Light in verse 4, is H216 אוֹר 'owr (ore) n-f.
1. illumination.
2. (concretely) luminary (in every sense, including lightning, happiness, etc.).
[from H215]
KJV: bright, clear, + day, light (-ning), morning, sun.

Notice that word "happiness" in definition #2, because I'll be coming back to it.

and the definition of Light in verse 14, the shinning light, not the object that is the source of the light, but the shining light itself is,
H215 אוֹר 'owr (ore) v.
1. to be luminous.
2. (causative) to make luminous.
{literally and metaphorically}
[a primitive root]
KJV: X break of day, glorious, kindle, (be, en-, give, show) light (-en, -ened), set on fire, shine.

Notice how the kjv can translate this light, "shine" keep this in mind.

and the shining LIGHT in verse 4 & 5 is
H216 אוֹר 'owr (ore) n-f.
1. illumination.
2. (concretely) luminary (in every sense, including lightning, happiness, etc.).
[from H215]
Root(s): H215

Look at the first definition of each, 1. to be luminous. 1. illumination. see the difference. alco NOTICE, in H215 אוֹר 'owr (ore) v. the KJV can translate this LIGHT, "Shine" which in found in verse 14. but the Light in verse 4 & 5 is not or is not translate so, or can be translated as "shine". so the conclusion, the Light in verses 4 & 5 is not the same in verse 14, the scriptures makes that crystal Clear.

now remember I said keep definition H216 אוֹר 'owr (ore) n-f. in your mind, about "happiness" there, lets look at it.
1. illumination.
[from H215]

notice in the second definition, "happiness", now scripture, Proverbs 8:22 "The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old."Proverbs 8:23 "I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was."Proverbs 8:24 "When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water."Proverbs 8:25 "Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:"Proverbs 8:26 "While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world."Proverbs 8:27 "When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:"Proverbs 8:28 "When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:"Proverbs 8:29 "When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:"Proverbs 8:30 "Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;"Proverbs 8:31 "Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men."

that word "delight" guess what it means? that's right "Happiness" the same happiness found in definition H216 אוֹר 'owr (ore) n-f.
1. illumination.
[from H215]

one more, in Proverbs 8:31 "Rejoicing", another word for it..... that's right "happiness"
so without a doubt, the LIGHT in verses 4 and 5 is not natural sunlight, or physical, but the LIGHT in verses 4 & 5 is WISDOM, the Light of the world.

so this is why I cannot believe that the sun was shining on day 1 or that a clould was around the earth. you might want to save this post, and re-read it, so that you can follow it step by step.

I hope that help you,

My sources for this is, The Holy Spirit, as teacher, with help aide, the Holy Bible, (the King James Verson), and the Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments.

PICJAG

Last edited:

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
The spirit of God had Genesis 1:1 written. The Hebrew word "bara" which is translated create is there in Genesis 1:1. So Genesis Chapter 1 verse 1 tells us that the physical universe was created, which includes our sun.
Genesis 1:v.1 has nothing to do with the physical creation of universe, absolutely, what you are preaching is not true. Genesis reveals the God's Plan to RESTITUTION of all things here on earth in six days or six millenniums, as said Moses. Psa.90:v.4. Genesis has nothing to do with restitution on things of physical universe that was created billions years ago.

2,000 years ago, that is in the fourth Day, the author of Acts wrote: Acts 3:v.21- ...the heaven must receive JESUS until the times of RESTITUTION OF ALL THINGS,
which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since THE WORLD BEGAN. The FIRST prophet was Moses.
Ephesians 1:v.3 to 12

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one ALL THINGS in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in Him:

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Oseas, thanks for the reply, second you might have something there, because the beginning is really the end. Isaiah 46:10 "Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:"

PICJAG

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
@Oseas, thanks for the reply, second you might have something there, because the beginning is really the end. Isaiah 46:10 "Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:"

101G , it is wonderful. Yes, it is perfect. As we can see, by the Word you quoted, our God is Omniscient. JESUS is the beginning. In the beginning - in JESUS - was the Word-God. You know, the Word is God.

With regards the end, 1 Corinthians 15:v.24-27 reveal:

24 The END cometh, when He shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father;
when He shall have PUT DOWN all rule and all authority and power. Aleluia!

25 For he must reign, till he hath put ALL enemies under His feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

Revelation 11:v.15 reveals:

15 ... The kingdoms of THIS WORLD are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Consequences: Revelation 11:v. 18
18 - The NATIONS will be angry - wrathed - ...

Actually, there will be a War and the nations will be wrathed, but the wrath of God will fall upon them all to the uttermost, to the extreme, and will put down all rule and all authority and power.

In Christ JESUS, KING of kings (kings made by Him), and LORD of lords

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
24 The END cometh, when He shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when He shall have PUT DOWN all rule and all authority and power. Aleluia!

25 For he must reign, till he hath put ALL enemies under His feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
Amen, he's now reign in our hearts as seen in Chapter 4 in heaven, for we're seated with him in heavenly places, but that reign will be made reality here on earth when he returns.

PICJAG

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 1:1 shows us that the physical universe was created. The Hebrew language has verbs in it that are either in the imperfect state which means incomplete action or process and the Hebrew language has verbs that are in the perfect state which means completed action or process. Here in Genesis 1:1 the verb is in the perfect state so creation of the physical universe was completed at this time. Also Genesis 1:1,2 relates to a time before the six “days” starting at verse 3. When these “days” commenced, the sun, moon, and stars were already in existence, their creation being referred to at Genesis 1:1
If there are those who want to believe that God created everything of the physical universe including our planet Earth but not our sun here at Genesis 1:1, then ahead, I'm going to disagree with you. The sun already existed when God said, "let there be light." Since the sun already existed and has always been shining from the time God created it, it has always been shining so when God said let there be light, there obviously was something preventing the sun's rays from hitting the Earths surface. When God said let there be light he started a process of dividing the light from the darkness. This was a gradual process, as is indicated by translator J. W. Watts in his translation of Genesis 1:3: “And gradually light came into existence.” (Ge 1:3, A Distinctive Translation of Genesis) God brought about a division between the light and the darkness, calling the light Day and the darkness Night. This indicates that the earth was rotating on its axis as it revolved around the sun, so that its hemispheres, eastern and western, could enjoy periods of light and darkness.Ge 1:3, 4.

The divine will concerning luminaries was accomplished on Day Four, it being stated: “God proceeded to make the two great luminaries, the greater luminary for dominating the day and the lesser luminary for dominating the night, and also the stars. Thus God put them in the expanse of the heavens to shine upon the earth, and to dominate by day and by night and to make a division between the light and the darkness.” (Ge 1:16-18) In view of the description of these luminaries, the greater luminary was quite apparently the sun and the lesser luminary the moon, though the sun and moon are not specifically named in the Bible until after its account of the Flood of Noah’s day.—Ge 15:12; 37:9.

Previously, on the first “day,” the expression “Let light come to be” was used. The Hebrew word there used for “light” is ʼohr, meaning light in a general sense. But on the fourth “day,” the Hebrew word changes to ma·ʼohrʹ, which refers to a luminary or source of light. (Ge 1:14) So, on the first “day” diffused light evidently penetrated the swaddling bands, but the sources of that light could not have been seen by an earthly observer, if one had been standing on the planet. Now, on the fourth “day,” things evidently changed.
It is also noteworthy that at Genesis 1:16 the Hebrew verb ba·raʼʹ, meaning “create,” is not used. Instead, the Hebrew verb ʽa·sahʹ, meaning “make,” is employed. Since the sun, moon, and stars are included in “the heavens” mentioned in Genesis 1:1, they were created long before Day Four. On the fourth day God proceeded to “make” these celestial bodies occupy a new relationship toward earth’s surface and the expanse above it. When it is said, “God put them in the expanse of the heavens to shine upon the earth,” this would indicate that they now became discernible from the surface of the earth, as though they were in the expanse.

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 1:v.1 has nothing to do with the physical creation of universe, absolutely, what you are preaching is not true. Genesis reveals the God's Plan to RESTITUTION of all things here on earth in six days or six millenniums, as said Moses. Psa.90:v.4. Genesis has nothing to do with restitution on things of physical universe that was created billions years ago.

2,000 years ago, that is in the fourth Day, the author of Acts wrote: Acts 3:v.21- ...the heaven must receive JESUS until the times of RESTITUTION OF ALL THINGS,
which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since THE WORLD BEGAN. The FIRST prophet was Moses.
Ephesians 1:v.3 to 12

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one ALL THINGS in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in Him:

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

If you want to deny that Genesis 1:1 isnt talking about in the beginning whenever that beginning was this Scripture isn't talking about God creating our physical universe then so be it, I however disagree with you.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In verse 4 it says God separated the light from the darkness. In verse 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning--the first day.

So the light would be the sun.

hope this helps !!!

you're so way off, read on there Christophany, the sun wasn't made until the fourth day. so no, absolutely not, the light of the first day is not sunlight.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you're so way off, read on there Christophany, the sun wasn't made until the fourth day. so no, absolutely not, the light of the first day is not sunlight.
I already said I had made a mistake.

at least I admit when I'm wrong......................

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already said I had made a mistake.

at least I admit when I'm wrong......................
Good Job, it takes a good man, a Righteous man to admit when he's in ERROR, honor is in store for you. for it take strenght to humble oneself. that's the Godly Honor we all seek. we walk in Humbleness with our God, Micah 6:8 "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

I take my hat off to you, because you're the better man.

PICJAG

Reactions: ChristisGod

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are there different types of “light”?
Addressing the OP on this section.
there are light waves that we cannot be seen, visibly, but see their effect. we see only a small fraction of Light that we can see with our naked eye. and as waves there are many,
Radio, Microwaves, Infrared, Ultraviolet, X-rays (but they are waves), and Gamma rays, just to name a few. it is not just the brightness or the magnitude, but the intensity of the wave within thes sources, or our sunlight. as with sound, waves plants react differently, as in different bands of sunlight. all living thing also vibrate, even planets and stars. so on types of light, that's an endless conversation there.

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One other note on the Light in Genesis 1:3 & 4. if one would notice that the Light there is a NOUN and "feminine", which support post#46 that this LIGHT is "WISDOM", for WISDOM is personified as a "She". Proverbs 1:20 "Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets:"
Proverbs 9:1 "Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:"

so the LIGHT in Genesis 1:3 & 4 is 1. illumination/enlighten and not luminous, H216 אוֹר 'owr (ore) n-f.
1. illumination.
[from H215]
Root(s): H215

PICJAG