Genesis Time Gap

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi All!
If God were restoring something which previously existed...surely, he would not be renaming them...

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Gen 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
Gen 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
Gen 1:6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
Gen 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
Gen 1:8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
Gen 1:9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
Gen 1:10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

They would be called, what they were called previously and not given a name as if they were newly created..

Shalom!!!

Reactions: Angelina

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
If God were restoring something which previously existed...surely, he would not be renaming them...
They would be called, what they were called previously and not given a name as if they were newly created..

Such common sense is lost on those who are wise in their own eyes.

Reactions: Angelina

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The Earth was without form and was void, and chaos reigned. The Earth was pre-existent and God knew what it was called, yet He renewed it and brought new life forth in it.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Hi All!

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Gen 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
Gen 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
Gen 1:6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
Gen 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
Gen 1:8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
Gen 1:9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
Gen 1:10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

Shalom!!!

That still does not do away with the Scripture evidence already cited in the earlier posts.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Is that an attempt to dispute what was layed out in the earlier Scripture examples? If you think I've twisted the meaning of those verses, then can you prove it by the Scripture itself instead offerring opinion?

I'm simply stating my opinion that you do violence to scripture. It's pointless to try to explain anything to you. I can show you things that are actually evidence - photographs, scientific research, linguistic correlations, etc., - that prove your interpretation of a certain scripture is wrong; and you completely ignore that reality because it doesn't validate your cherished interpretation. You're set in your ways and think you know what you're talking about. Complete waste of time putting new wine into an old wineskin.

I am glad that you can also see, what has obviously been overlooked... :)

I hope this makes sense.

At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. Matthew 11:25-26

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I'm simply stating my opinion that you do violence to scripture. It's pointless to try to explain anything to you. I can show you things that are actually evidence - photographs, scientific research, linguistic correlations, etc., - that prove your interpretation of a certain scripture is wrong; and you completely ignore that reality because it doesn't validate your cherished interpretation. You're set in your ways and think you know what you're talking about. Complete waste of time putting new wine into an old wineskin.

So you can show me all kinds of man's science to try and disprove my coverage of the Scriptures in question, but not from those actual Scriptures. That's understandable, because what you're really saying in between the lines is that you don't really know what the Scripture is pointing to.