Genesis to Revelation - God's Desire

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Natural causes did not create man and it did not determine mans longevity - God did.

Because of the deadly outcome of sin God shortened mankinds age span to 120 years.
To both of your comments I agree.
However, I never said that "natural causes" created man. But, I do say that God used His creation of the natural elements, from the earth and the atmosphere, to create man.
That is not an understanding from "the wisdom of men", but rather the reality of the event of our creation.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To both of your comments I agree.
However, I never said that "natural causes" created man. But, I do say that God used His creation of the natural elements, from the earth and the atmosphere, to create man.
That is not an understanding from "the wisdom of men", but rather the reality of the event of our creation.
This time you spoke correctly according to the Word.

There was One more thing God did in order to make man a Living Soul and it did not come from the physical elements that God created.

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul was writing under divine inspiration. Therefore we should take that as coming from God. At the same time Paul was also speaking of the misuse and misunderstanding of the Law.
Which law (Law) are you referring to?
I think there are four different kinds of law in just Romans chapters 7 and 8.

This scripture in Galatians was written under the same inspiration, correct?

Galatians 3:23-25 NIV
Before the coming of this faith,[a] we were held in custody under the law,
locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed.
24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith.
25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam live 930 years because God created Adam to live 1,000 years.
Due to sin Adam fell short of God's Plan for Adam = 1,000 years
That is speculation based on an assumption, from the Jewish concept that 1 literal day = 1000 years × 7 days = 7000 years.
Their speculation of 6000 literal years, is that man shall work and rule over the earth.
When the literal 6000 years has ended, then THEIR mortal messiah will come to bring the sabbath rest/peace on the earth for an additional 1000 years under his/their rule.
Israel sees themselves as being the suffering servant, and NOT Jesus.
No Thanks.