George W. Bush Success or Failure

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
With the closing months of Bushes 8 years coming to a close the question has to be ask. Was Bush a success. From the American people the answer is a glass shattering No!!! but according to Bush himself and the republican party I believe it is a very different answer.Lets look at what the republicans believe in?? In the most simplified versiona smaller government, Laissez-Faire, Bussiness will take care of its self.I don't know If The government was the cause of 9/11 but it did give Bush what he needed a war. Why did he need a war, Oils a reason, Terrorism is...uh...somewhat of a reason. But the real reason I believe Is to be able to spend billions of dollars in a way not suspicious to the American people. Heck he's spent so much money on this war thta we are now 4 trillion dollars in the hole. To give you a picture of that amount. If you started counting from my age(15) and never stopped until you died, you wouldn't reach 1 trillion. Were 4 trillion dollars in debt.Which is perfect for the republicans. Lets say Obama takes Office and looks at making international healthcare and unemployment programs. the first thing hes going to see is a 4 trillion dollar debt. Its going to be hard to have a bigger government with that much money to make up. We are forced to have a smaller goverment because of that debt.With a smaller government the rich live in luxury while the poor man....lives on scraps. It is up to you to get the big job and make your own money. No assistance from the government. This explains the education standards which Bush has put into place. While the main reason is to compete with foriegn Countries education, It also enables people to get money without Government assistance in the future. Therefore allowing a succesful Republican government. Their are many more examples of legislation which supports smaller government Bush has put up.SO in the Republican parties eyes I believe that Bush legacy is actually startingly good. He's put the Democrats in quite a handicap while his own party is in a really good position.Just some of my thoughts

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read through your post earlier and was thinking on it in a fair of a manner as one can.A little later, while checking my usual spots, this article came up:http://buchanan.org/blog/?p=957This issue once again has been put off another year or more. I want to say this is the single greatest failure of the Bush administration and it will be remembered in history badly for it. However, it gets brushed under the rug so much I don't think it matters anymore. Even this election has swept away immigration reform...it's been reduced to a common phrase of "comprehensive immigration reform" when no on, including the ones that utter it, are really sure what it means.I do not believe 9/11 was an "inside job" or anything of the sort. I think it's an absurd notion and I disagree vehemently with this idea. I believe Afghanistan was the right move of someone who knew what they were doing.I do believe, however, after hours upon hours of learning, thinking, and reflecting on what the Word says most importantly, I believe the Iraq situation to be a mixture of good and bad as anything.Aspects of the Iraq war were justified. Other aspects of it certainly were not. I don't believe this war was launched only for oil or money. I don't believe this war was launched solely to save the Iraqis either or even our national security.I believe the Bush legacy will go down as the New World Order, as the phrase is commonly used of his father. The powers at be were okay with invading Babylon the second time, and when that names come up you better be watching. I believe that Bush listened too much to the voices around him and bought into this secular-humanist idea that we can save the world by simply introducing democracy. Even our founders did not mention democracy when they broke from England as the "best" government.I believe that the Bush administration will go down like much of the rest of the current world in world history. It will be a story of an attempt to save humanity without YHVH. It will be the story of man's Godless salvation as one group or another tries to forcibly install its view of utopia on another. It's not just the Americans. It's not just the Europeans, or the Arabs. It's not any one group, it's not conservative, liberal, etc. It's each group trying to accomplish their perfection by forcing in on others. It's a world of chaos and confusion predicted thousands of years ago now by the Word.
With a smaller government the rich live in luxury while the poor man....lives on scraps. It is up to you to get the big job and make your own money. No assistance from the government. This explains the education standards which Bush has put into place. While the main reason is to compete with foriegn Countries education, It also enables people to get money without Government assistance in the future. Therefore allowing a succesful Republican government.
Finally, I could not disagree anymore with this. To label Bush as any sort of a conservative is a fallacy. A conservative never would have support NCLB. A conservative never would have established the Department of Homeland Security. A conservative would never EXPAND the role of the Department of Education. Bush has been nothing but even bigger government. Now we're followed by 3 - Rep. and Dem. candidates - that want to enlarge it even more. Governments that control your lives are certainly not any better than any small government that doesn't.

Dunamite

Nov 15, 2007
Failure.When he took office the economy was strong, the dollar was king and employment was good. He diddled and did nothing for the first six months and then blamed others for the economy collapsing. Other countries felt the same economic forces, but they have all recovered and the U.S. has continued to stagger. Canada has posted budget surpluses for 12 years in a row. They experienced the same slow down that the U.S. felt in 2001. Europe is booming and so is much of Asia.Under Bush the budget has grown and the debt has gone through the roof. Each American owes $315 000 per man, woman and child (most recent figures I have seen on this). The CIA just listed the balance sheets for the top 166 countries in the world and the U.S. finished dead last. China was first. Government size has not shrunk but grown. There are more departments than before. The cabinet is larger and the budget is larger. Bush has not been a fiscal conservative by any yardstick I know.Someone could argue that the world is a different place from when he took office, but that would be his fault too. He did not have to respond as he did. He thought that Iraq would we a cakewalk. He predicted they would throw flowers at the feet of soldiers instead of bombs. How much more wrong could he have been? According to people who have left his administration he was asleep at the wheel. He did not listen to their warnings about the security threat in the U.S. He went on holiday and ignored the bad news until it could not be ignored anymore. When he did not want to listen to advice which he didn't like, he surrounded himself with yes men. Then once they told him what he wanted to hear he went ahead and did what he wanted to do in the first place. That is not good leadership. It is precipitous and a recipe for disaster.He has been reckless and careless. He has mortgaged the future for generations. He has been unapologetic. He has blamed others. Repeatedly. He continues to ignore advice of his generals and cabinet. He has had to let people go or they have resigned because they were ineffective in doing their job. You can't be an adviser to someone who will not be advised.He has promoted failures to head up Iraq, the World Bank and in cabinet positions. These people have brought disgrace to the office and to America. His closest adviser has quit due to scandal. He has pardoned criminals who he was personally connected with. He has gone from one disgrace to another.I am hard pressed to think of one good thing. I am a harsh critic of government, but even his strongest supporters can't wait for him to step down. His numbers can't get much worse when it comes to approval level. The only one hated more than Bush is Cheney. That isn't saying much.The acid test for a president comes from Eisenhower who said, "I have only one yardstick by which I test every major problem - and that yardstick is: Is it good for America?"America is less strong. It is less wealthy. It is less respected. It is more divided. It is more isolated from its allies. So by Eisenhower's standards, Bush has been bad for America. To quote Truman, "The buck stops here." This has been the credo of all presidents but Mr. Bush. He will not take responsibility. It is always someone else's fault.He is certainly leaving whoever follows him whether Republican or Democrat with more problems than he had at the start of his first term. I am not a Bush hater. I wish him only well. I have prayed for him, but even God hasn't been able to help him. Whatever he has done he has brought upon himself and God cannot be blamed. I want America to be strong, free and prosperous. I do not revel in its current situation. I don't think that it looks good on Mr. Bush or anyone else. I would have preferred almost any other outcome except what we have experienced.I say these things because I am a critic of government and people may see my criticism as being personal. It is not. I try to be realistic and be equal in my criticisms. I am not a fan boy of any politician. I see them as I know them to be. I see politics as it is.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Success, whoooo!
20041102-1_bush-thumbsup-515h.jpg

MWM

Feb 16, 2008
To tell you the truth, I have to say that President George W. Bush was not much of a success. I am a loyal Republican, and I believe in a smaller government, lower taxes, and conservative laws. So far, I have not seen Bush implement or follow up on any of these. And these things are what the GOP was founded upon!I have to say, I do feel a little sorry for President Bush. His first year of presidency began with the one of the most catastrophic event in American history, 9/11. Now, I have to say, this is where he succeeds. He has protected America, and he's saving our butts, weather you like it or not.BUT, it is his time to go, and we need a strong, expierenced and dedicated leader."DON"T MESS WIT TEXAS!" -GEORGE DUBYA BOOSH.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(MWM;39308)
To tell you the truth, I have to say that President George W. Bush was not much of a success. I am a loyal Republican, and I believe in a smaller government, lower taxes, and conservative laws. So far, I have not seen Bush implement or follow up on any of these. And these things are what the GOP was founded upon!I have to say, I do feel a little sorry for President Bush. His first year of presidency began with the one of the most catastrophic event in American history, 9/11. Now, I have to say, this is where he succeeds. He has protected America, and he's saving our butts, weather you like it or not.BUT, it is his time to go, and we need a strong, expierenced and dedicated leader."DON"T MESS WIT TEXAS!" -GEORGE DUBYA BOOSH.
I agree with you. But I really don't think that he caused 9/11. He may have exploited it though to pass the Patriot Act.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I think he will go down in history as one of the worst presidents in historyI think he failed everyone his God, his party,his country,Iraq, all through his own poor choicesHowever I think that the US as we know it will go down hill from here and he will get the blame for more of it then he was actully responsable forGod has declared there will be a one world system and for that to stay on track the United States as a super Power will continue to decline I think Bush will take the brunt of this blame whether he deserves it all or not.

MWM

Feb 16, 2008
I'm probably going to be bashed beyond belief after this but....Most of the things that occurred during President Bush's term, were not because of Bush, no, it was the cause of Bill Clinton. Downsizing our military, lowering our national defenses, NAFTA, his failure to go after Osama Bin Laden, his loose grip on the oil industry. All of these seemed to create some good for the '90s, but the 2000s took the ripple effect.Now I'm not saying Clinton is COMPLETELY responsible, but he did play a very large role in this nation's declination. Clinton is to blame for much of this.As for the future of the United States, I have hope. We aren't going to collapse, like Europe and the Democrats are saying, we won't. America has been through worse, and I know we can get through this slump. It shall be a difficult journey though.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
In my opinion, through a secular point of view, the only thing he did wrong was invade Iraq.1. We could have sent an assassin to execute Saddam Hussein.2. Our real war was against Al Qaeda in Afghanistan.If he hadn't invaded Iraq, then there wouldn't have been such a thing for crude oil, no trillions of dollars spent into the war, no economy failure, etc.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Have you not heard we are brink of econimic collapseThe entire World hates usHave you checked New Orleans latleyhave you seen the dismal failure of Home land securityhave you checked our border with MexicoOur almost $4 a gallon gasThe fact that he says all religions are right Dont get me started:) Going in to Iraq was least thing I blame him forThe problem with Bush is he never had a Vision he does not act he reacts and usally to late

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(kriss;39461)
Have you not heard we are brink of econimic collapseThe entire World hates usHave you checked New Orleans latleyhave you seen the dismal failure of Home land securityhave you checked our border with MexicoOur almost $4 a gallon gasThe fact that he says all religions are right Dont get me started:) Going in to Iraq was least thing I blame him forThe problem with Bush is he never had a Vision he does not act he reacts and usally to late
That's why I said from a secular point of view. I, myself, know that he is a bad president.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
A THOUGHT FOR THE DAY - Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress.Oh But I repeat myself.
smile.gif
Mark Twain

David161099

Nov 19, 2007
(kriss;39461)
The entire World hates us
You know...I'll be honest..... In Australia our collective opinion of the USA has gone way way way down. And we are like a big Ally of you guys!!It's been Bush.We liked Clinton a lot. Bush is a total joke to us.Our Prime Minister totally supported Bush to go to Iraq, even though the polls said it wasn't the will of the Aussie people. Then we voted our Prime Minister out. That wasn't our main reason, but the fact he was pally with Bush really made him lose popularity.Vote someone in other than this joker, I don't think we really care what party he (or she) will belong too, Bush is not respected or liked down under.

kalixx

Nov 19, 2007
I am not very good at political things, but I tend to feel that much of the present world situation gave whoever would have been the American President little space for alternatives. Power is a strange thing and the worst situation is a power vacuum. Whether the US likes it or not, the US has the role of guardian of the world. If the US fails then God only knows who will jump into the gap. Right now it looks like China, but that is not to assume that is necessarily a bad thing, just a possibility. Trouble is, whatever we like or dislike about it, the US is holding the world together with a budget deficit that is growing at a rate not worth even looking at - and as everyone knows, you can't live on growing credit forever....But the US "credit card" is so big that the peak has not yet been reached - but is it already in sight? What happens when the rest of the world loses faith in the US engine and stops supporting refinancing the debt through government securities roll-overs - which in itself is an entire industry? I feel Bush did what he had to do - and maybe pretty much what any other President would have had to do. You guys have a tough future, that's for sure, and I admire you and your values immensely as a country. But what do I know, I don't even live there!

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Theres a downward spiral to this. Bush has done nothing but increase the costs of everything in the last 7 years. The economy has spiraled out of control, his interest in oil has netted big profits as oil topped $104 a barrel today. His half hearted attempt to stimulate the economy with this stimulus package is laughable to say the least. Do you honestly think the US goverment ever gave any body any body any thing? Wait till tax time next year you will pay for that little bit of money you get in May big time. I live in the US and would not want to be any where else but the country is not perfect and has its troubles. You know its suppose to be goverment by the people for the people boy have they turned the tide on us there....