Givers and Takers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are those among us who are classified as "givers". They are forever giving something away to someone or being generous somehow.

And even in relationships often one of the two people is a giver....

But....then there are the "Takers".
These are those always asking for help...always with a sob story of some sort. These people are always demanding and wanting "more". They never seem to have enough at anytime anywhere.

Do Givers attract the Takers?

Reactions: Pearl

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are those among us who are classified as "givers". They are forever giving something away to someone or being generous somehow.

These are those always asking for help...always with a sob story of some sort. These people are always demanding and wanting "more". They never seem to have enough at anytime anywhere.

The self absorbed cannot share unencumbered. Talk about self consumes the reality.

Reactions: JohnDB

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always equate to the stuff we leaned in elementary school.

GOOD BETTER BEST

For something to be better, then there must be something that is good.
It is better to give than to receive, means that it is good to receive.
If we don't receive what is given (or attempted to be given to us) we deny the ability of the giver to give.

Reactions: JohnDB and Pearl

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We take Christa blood as a free permanent gift from the Father so to save us from our sins. Give us redemption and rebirth as a new creation also e in Jesus from our former dead in sins sinner state.

Then some of the church still refer to themselves as Christian sinners, dead in their sons. Which is how we sin, as those separated from God and dead to righteousness .

I think that is both giving,of God.And taking his grace as nott what he said of it.

The worst kind of give and take for our church,I think.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I always equate to the stuff we leaned in elementary school.

GOOD BETTER BEST

For something to be better, then there must be something that is good.
It is better to give than to receive, means that it is good to receive.
If we don't receive what is given (or attempted to be given to us) we deny the ability of the giver to give.
I learned that truth too.

• Love
Reactions: Cassandra

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A reasonable point, but don’t forget the worst category: Ungrateful parasites. They thrive by leeching the life out of people while being thankless to their hosts whom they take advantage of. It is an accurate description of Satan and his unholy legions of demons.

• Love

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A reasonable point, but don’t forget the worst category: Ungrateful parasites. They thrive by leeching the life out of people while being thankless to their hosts whom they take advantage of. It is an accurate description of Satan and his unholy legions of demons.

Where the debt of sin that We/I personally owe can never be paid for by Us/me...
We/I do have to at least make an effort to express my gratitude in a real way. It's never going to equate but the perceived lack of gratitude by not even attempting to try is inexcusable.

Three times a year the Israelites were to appear before God at the Temple or Tabernacle and were instructed to never come empty handed. I think that since it was inexcusable in the Old Testament it's equally so in the New Covenant era as well.