'Global Issues' - any thoughts to express?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just ran across another article about permafrost melting. The idea of long-frozen microorganisms thawing and spreading diseases that haven't been seen in thousands of years had never occurred to me.

Climate change could expose new epidemics, scientists say - Manila Bulletin

Think of permafrost, a climate change time bomb spread across Russia, Canada and Alaska that contains three times the carbon that has been emitted since the start of industrialisation.

Even if humanity manages to cap global warming at under two degrees Celsius, the cornerstone goal of the 2015 Paris Agreement, the permafrost area will decrease by a quarter by 2100, according to the UN’s climate science panel, the IPCC.

And then there are the permafrost’s hidden treasures.

“Microorganisms can survive in frozen space for a long, long time,” said Vladimir Romanovsky, a professor of geophysics at the University of Alaska in Fairbanks. . . .

The number of bacteria and viruses lurking in the permafrost is incalculable, but the more important question is how dangerous they are.

And here, scientists disagree.

“Anthrax shows that bacteria can be resting in permafrost for hundreds of years and be revived,” said Evengard.

In 2016, a child in Siberia died from the disease, which had disappeared from the region at least 75 years earlier.

Other pathogens — such as smallpox or the influenza strain that killed tens of millions in 1917 and 1918 — may also be present in the sub-Arctic region.

For Claverie, however, the return of smallpox – officially declared eradicated 50 years ago – cannot be excluded. 18th-and 19th-century victims of the disease “buried in cemeteries in Siberia are totally preserved by the cold,” he noted.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello there,

In the light of the tremendous fires that have raged, and are raging in the USA and that have also wreaked havoc in Australia. Have sceptics regarding global warming had to re-evaluate their thinking on this issue?

With the decreasing population of creatures on our planet because of the loss of their natural habitat, caused by deforestation and the encroachment of man. The increase in the rise of the water in the oceans caused by the ice caps melting. The increasing problem with refugees fleeing war, famine, flood, seeking safety and a chance to live their lives peacefully, and without fear. The effect of the global pandemic on economies throughout the world. There are so many issues arising, can people continue to bury their heads in the sands, refuse to look at the causes and consequences, and not seek to find the means of combating these effects on a global scale, by cooperation between nations.

Any thoughts.
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Hi,

I found the book Apocalypse Never by Hellenberger very interesting. He is an environmentalist!

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
I have not re-evaluated God's Hand on sinful people. God is punishing the sinners.

Notice where the Hurricane hit the USA, the fires are in Liberal God-hating Oregon, Washington and California. The anarchy and burning and looting are in Liberal God-hating Cities that revel in their perversions.
Is this not more rational than blaming people or the weather?

Weather always changes. Climates always evolve. It has nothing to do with what humans are doing. We can go back to living in the Stone Age and it will not change the Climate in the least! Only the natural cyclical changes in climate will continue to evolve, or God's hand will change it.

I remember standing in the middle of the desert in Iraq near the alleged ancient city of UR and picking up sea shells. At one time, either by the Flood or by a previous ocean floor changed by climate, and no water to be found... we know that something had changed. Did mankind or Cow farts do it?

The fires in America are as severe as they are in recent years, because of "Global Warming" Alarmists have changed the Laws that you cannot clear lumber or the undergrowth (sometimes up to 10 feet of dead debris) in the name of "Environmentalism." It is a disastrous policy with unintended consequences.

Most of the fires are suspected to be arson... intentional and unintentional. There is ZERO evidence that any of these fires are caused by Climate Change.

When I worked at the National Weather Service in the 1980's, and the claim of "Global Warming" was foisted upon the public, the consensus was that it was a joke. That is... until the Government offered big money to do tests and "study" Global Warming. Early on, if the tests did not validate the theory, they never received another Grant. After the first year, people understood that their study had to confirm the bias, or they would never get another Government Grant. The guys I knew that received those grants and used anything they could to confirm the bias, yet when you discussed what they put on paper, they would laugh and tell you that the theory was a joke!

There is no Government Grant to "not find" Climate Change!
You have lost, God didn't do those kind of destruction. The destroyer was the beast of mankind who against God, do you think all mankind worship God (Revelation 2:9-10; Revelation 3:9-10) ?
Look at these scriptures, even earthquake was not from God but its from the beast.

1 Kings 19:11-12 (BBE)
11. Then he said, Go out and take your place on the mountain before the Lord. Then the Lord went by, and mountains were parted by the force of a great wind, and rocks were broken before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind. And after the wind there was an earth-shock, but the Lord was not in the earth-shock.
12. And after the earth-shock a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire, the sound of a soft breath.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Some may even tell you living sustainably and being environmentally friendly is a left wing agenda.

But in reality the earth really needs to be cleaned up, there's too much wastage and too much man-made pollution.

We have solar panels, and it's a good thing, clean renewable energy is a good thing. ;)
Problem is that solar panels and all are not as green as we are led to believe.
Most of the problems we had with fires is due to government regulations that have gone mad, not to mention that they have been warned before hand every time that such ignorance will get out of hand, but the morons are in charge and they kick everyone around nowadays and it's them who are the cause the big fires first and foremost, oh the conditions ? well we is just waiting for them to kick it of, so then we can peddle climate change BS.

Nuclear power is the best by far, but they are hell bent on peddling 1960's tec, not to mention all of the USA is backward 1960's tec Nuclear power plants and we in Australia are not allowed to talk about the advancements in Nuclear power in the government it's taboo ! :confused: what a backward bunch of total morons we are ! totally hopeless morons ! no one could be so stupid !
We need the new tec Nuclear power plants to use up all that toxic wast, that's what they use ! they can run the whole world on this old nuclear wast for 140 years in fact and don't have to dig up any yellow cake.
So what do we want toxic nuclear wast as it is sitting around for million years or use it up and then when it's been finished with the Toxic wast is fine after 140 years or so, where are the greenies ! the greenies should be all for this, but no ! they are not green at all, they are just Communist claiming to be green in fact.

Reactions: Candidus

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Problem is that solar panels and all are not as green as we are led to believe.
Most of the problems we had with fires is due to government regulations that have gone mad, not to mention that they have been warned before hand every time that such ignorance will get out of hand, but the morons are in charge and they kick everyone around nowadays and it's them who are the cause the big fires first and foremost, oh the conditions ? well we is just waiting for them to kick it of, so then we can peddle climate change BS.

Nuclear power is the best by far, but they are hell bent on peddling 1960's tec, not to mention all of the USA is backward 1960's tec Nuclear power plants and we in Australia are not allowed to talk about the advancements in Nuclear power in the government it's taboo ! :confused: what a backward bunch of total morons we are ! totally hopeless morons ! no one could be so stupid !
We need the new tec Nuclear power plants to use up all that toxic wast, that's what they use ! they can run the whole world on this old nuclear wast for 140 years in fact and don't have to dig up any yellow cake.
So what do we want toxic nuclear wast as it is sitting around for million years or use it up and then when it's been finished with the Toxic wast is fine after 140 years or so, where are the greenies ! the greenies should be all for this, but no ! they are not green at all, they are just Communist claiming to be green in fact.
Windmills are also a farce, since they are expensive and high-maintenance. The cost exceeds the expected output they generate.

The cost of solar is a similar issue. The cost of setting up a solar farm requires almost as much money as one can expect to get in return. While adding solar to my house would be 18-22,000 dollars, I would never recover that amount in saved electrical costs. Even if I lived long enough for them to pay for themselves, if we ever get a severe enough EMP, they are toast. What are the odds that a hail storm would crack or damage them, or just the expected life of the electronics fail before they pay for themselves? As technology advances, within 6 years the solar panels I have will be ranked as inefficient and obsolete.

California is around 30% renewable energy, and they are already having blackouts. What will happen when the New Green Deal makes gasoline engines illegal, and everybody has to plug in to get their energy to travel? What if you are traveling and the "renewable energy grid" cannot be used to be able to continue?

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All them panels only have a lifespan of 10 years or so and the toxic wast that is involved in all the panels alone must be taken into account as well and when they have payed for themselves then your up for new ones.

A mate had 42 panels and 14 big battery's down the road from me. the Government gave all sorts of incentives and he took advantage of everything that he could, water tanks as well. he started with one plan then another adding on to the shed and then battery's still had petrol generators as well, he was making money on such every 3 months. I said you should be taxed on that, not to mention the tax payer are subsidising him for all that crap.
He had this huge German made hot water tank and I said why the hell did he get such a big hot system :eek: I said with my 125L we had no power for 3 days and we still had hot water. not to mention we have a tariff system on the hot water that saves a half that in money, but he rejected such was true. I seen him selling houses pushing that your hot water cost half of your power bill and I pointed out that's true but on tariff 33 it's not the case to what you are forking out for at all, because the power company controls when they feed the hot water power, so it's done in off peek times. our power bill is $100 a month and he has a fit and claims to me no way !

But to me solar it's all a pain, so I never took any of that up, you have to get on the roof and clean the panels every 2 weeks to get full advantage of them. but I am not getting up on my roof unless I have to, I am too old for that with a 2 story house and I am 133kg and the ladder is rated 120kg. not to mention the roof is the wrong way around to catch the sun.

One brother has the panels on his house and he is not impressed with the value of them at all.

Reactions: Candidus