Go Old School. Don't Use Facial ID or Finger Print to access your bank account

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Feb.2023 Patrons of NYC gay bar incapacitated and robbed of thousands via facial recognition on their phones

Three men visiting The Eagle NYC were incapacitated and then robbed of $1,000 to $5,000, the NYPD said Thursday.

Others have suffered the same attacks.

My bank asks if I want to have faster access to my online account via FID or a thumbprint. Everytime I log on.

Thieves will always exploit a new angle.

Stay safe. :)
Ya know, along that line of thought, I gruesomely joked about those who would be tricked into the mark of the beast on their hand or forehead. They may say that you will no longer have to carry cash or a credit card to steal and thus be safe from robbers. Well, did anything think of the crook chopping off one's arm and carrying that somewhere? I won't mention the head. Yes, they may exploit that angle, too, the way this world is going.

• Sad
Reactions: ButterflyJones

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, evil knows how to morph as times change.:(

Money isn't the root of evil. Love of money above all else is.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Feb.2023 Patrons of NYC gay bar incapacitated and robbed of thousands via facial recognition on their phones

Three men visiting The Eagle NYC were incapacitated and then robbed of $1,000 to $5,000, the NYPD said Thursday.

Others have suffered the same attacks.

My bank asks if I want to have faster access to my online account via FID or a thumbprint. Everytime I log on.

Thieves will always exploit a new angle.

Stay safe. :)

Ya know, along that line of thought, I gruesomely joked about those who would be tricked into the mark of the beast on their hand or forehead. They may say that you will no longer have to carry cash or a credit card to steal and thus be safe from robbers. Well, did anything think of the crook chopping off one's arm and carrying that somewhere? I won't mention the head. Yes, they may exploit that angle, too, the way this world is going.

My bank is now using my voice to identify me when I phone in.
Something new.... usually I just punched in my pin.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I use voice recognition - but I only have access to mobile banking on my iPad that I never take out with me - don’t want it on my phone

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I use voice recognition - but I only have access to mobile banking on my iPad that I never take out with me - don’t want it on my phone

I only have a landline.

After hearing about so many scams and how tricky they are about making you think they are your bank, I'm glad I don't do banking on a cell phone. Just watched on YouTube how a couple of ladies got their savings stolen by thinking it was their bank on the cell phone.

I was involved in one data breach and my mom has been involved in two data breaches....one recently. That's why I'm checking about how these scammers operate.

Reactions: Behold

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I only have a landline.

After hearing about so many scams and how tricky they are about making you think they are your bank, I'm glad I don't do banking on a cell phone. Just watched on YouTube how a couple of ladies got their savings stolen by thinking it was their bank on the cell phone.

I was involved in one data breach and my mom has been involved in two data breaches....one recently. That's why I'm checking about how these scammers operate.
There was a data breach with the people who sort out our wages at work recently. Thankfully my bank were able to check and be aware of the breach quite quickly.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a data breach with the people who sort out our wages at work recently. Thankfully my bank were able to check and be aware of the breach quite quickly.

You are blessed to have your bank help you.

The latest data breach involving my mom which also includes her direct deposit info (bank account)....the (major) bank didn't really help me. All they said was to close the account and make a new one.

But she has two (small) direct deposits going into that account. Also, since it's a joint account, does she need to go to the branch with me? She is 93, totally homebound.

So for now I moved most of the money into a different bank checking account. And I plan to check the balance at the other bank each day. Still thinking of how to handle it all.

All I was able to do successfully was place a one year fraud alert on her with the credit reporting agency.

I was unable to sign her up for the free credit monitoring for two years. Because they said they couldn't confirm her identity. They said personal identifying info in her credit report was wrong. They said to contact the credit reporting agency and have them fix the information.

Maybe the guy at the credit reporting agency was young or ready to go home for the day.... because he said he didn't see anything wrong. But the lady at the credit monitoring company said there was wrong information so that's why I couldn't complete signing mom up for the free credit monitoring.

It's crazy....been dealing with this for about ten days now.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh no , that’s not helpful. Must admit the banks have always been really helpful with my dad - although I made sure I had a joint account with him shortly after my mum died. He was quite capable then , but it safeguarded things as he went into his 90’s
The banks here have a fraud department that deals with scams and data breaches

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh no , that’s not helpful. Must admit the banks have always been really helpful with my dad - although I made sure I had a joint account with him shortly after my mum died. He was quite capable then , but it safeguarded things as he went into his 90’s
The banks here have a fraud department that deals with scams and data breaches

The gigantic bank (don't want to name them) I talked to transferred me to the check fraud department. Then to the wire fraud department. I don't really like that bank too much.

Our other bank is huge, too, but they seem to always treat people very nicely. It's Wells Fargo....they have been around since the Old West days when money was delivered by stagecoach. Very historic....maybe that's why I like them.

Here's a nice commercial on them....

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mine is Lloyds , I use to work for Barclays Bank years ago. Along with Nat west these three are the larger of the banks here

Reactions: Debp