God’s blessings

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well bishops is just one name for the same office. Pastors are called
1) Pastors "poimen" shepherds
2) elders "presbyteros" elder
3. Bishops "episkopos" overseer.

So the senior leader of a local church is a pastor, elder, and overseer.

Titus was not an apostle and he was commanded to appoint bishops throughout crete.

RCC bishops are in violation of Scripture-

1 Timothy 3:2
A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

For a sect to mandate celibacy for its leaders violates the very heart of Scripture.

no the apostles have the authority of Christ to mandate it matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 bound on earth and in heaven

Matthew 19:29
And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no the apostles have the authority of Christ to mandate it matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 bound on earth and in heaven

Matthew 19:29
And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

And the last apostle was John. You will not find any other passage showing other apostles besides the 14. Gods Word (as opposed to the RCC mans word), says that to be an apostle, one must have been with them form the onset. No mention for passing down apostleship.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the last apostle was John. You will not find any other passage showing other apostles besides the 14. Gods Word (as opposed to the RCC mans word), says that to be an apostle, one must have been with them form the onset. No mention for passing down apostleship.

Really? Jn 29:21-23

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you mean John 20:21-23

That has not a whit to do with teh apostles passing on the office ofapostle to others.

smile ive quoted these verse so much that you even know what verse I mean!

Yes sorry

it say “as the father sent me, I send you”

same mission power and authority

if Christ has authority to make apostles then the apostles have the same authority

acts 1:26 And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if Christ has authority to make apostles then the apostles have the same authority

Jesus had authority to raise Himself from teh dead, does that mean people today have that same authority? How come no one has raised themsleves from the dead with the same authority and power of Jesus? You say they have it.