GOD’S Fire Cannot Be Quenched! = Isaiah 66;24, Luke 3;16-17

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miz KJV Only

Oct 20, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Isaiah 66;24
And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Jeremiah 4:4
Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings.

Jeremiah 17:27
But if ye will not hearken unto me to hallow the Sabbath day, and not to bear a burden, even entering in at the gates of Jerusalem on the Sabbath day; then will I kindle a fire in the gates thereof, and it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem, and it shall not be quenched.

Amos 5:6
Seek the LORD, and ye shall live; lest He break out like fire in the house of Joseph, and devour it, and there be none to quench it in Bethel.

Mark 9:43-46
And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Luke 3:16
John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire: Whose fan is in His hand, and He will throughly purge His floor, and will gather the wheat into His garner; but the chaff He will burn with fire unquenchable.

Ezekiel 20:47-48
And say to the forest of the south, Hear the word of the LORD; Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will kindle a fire in thee, and it shall devour every green tree in thee, and every dry tree: the flaming flame shall not be quenched, and all faces from the south to the north shall be burned therein. And all flesh shall see that I the LORD have kindled it: it shall not be quenched.

AMEN

Reactions: The Learner

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
It is the fire that cannot be put out. It is the fire that consumes. It will burn for as long as there is fuel for the fire. When there is nothing left to burn, and only when there is nothing left to burn, it will go out.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Isaiah 66;24
And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings.

But if ye will not hearken unto me to hallow the Sabbath day, and not to bear a burden, even entering in at the gates of Jerusalem on the Sabbath day; then will I kindle a fire in the gates thereof, and it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem, and it shall not be quenched.

Seek the LORD, and ye shall live; lest He break out like fire in the house of Joseph, and devour it, and there be none to quench it in Bethel.

And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire: Whose fan is in His hand, and He will throughly purge His floor, and will gather the wheat into His garner; but the chaff He will burn with fire unquenchable.

And say to the forest of the south, Hear the word of the LORD; Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will kindle a fire in thee, and it shall devour every green tree in thee, and every dry tree: the flaming flame shall not be quenched, and all faces from the south to the north shall be burned therein. And all flesh shall see that I the LORD have kindled it: it shall not be quenched.

AMEN

So, the obvious question is what is that fire Maam?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not tell us seems you think you know the meaning?
God's fire I believe is represented by the lake of fire, would you agree Jun? Likely you will say yes, so to expedite the answer, what is the lake of fire?

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's fire I believe is represented by the lake of fire, would you agree Jun? Likely you will say yes, so to expedite the answer, what is the lake of fire?
No I disagree. You forgot these:
42 And whosoever shall offend one of [these] little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.
43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

So is the fire eternal?

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I disagree. You forgot these:
42 And whosoever shall offend one of [these] little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.
43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

So is the fire eternal?

To God Be The Glory
Interesting Jun, I believe you are the first one I have ever encountered that does not think that is referring to the lake of fire in Revelation, or vise versa. What you are speaking about there is Gehenna, are you familiar with the word and what it is sir? Consider who Jesus said that to, and how they would understand it. Looking forward to your response.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenc

Interesting Jun, I believe you are the first one I have ever encountered that does not think that is referring to the lake of fire in Revelation, or vise versa
Does that surprise you, Bob? But let me enlighten you. When Jesus came to earth, He came to the Nation of Israel, did He not? They were given the Oracles of God from the beginning, yet they did not even recognize their own Messiah when He came? Go figure! Are you really asking if I truly know the Word? I should ask the same of you!
What you are speaking about there is Gehenna, are you familiar with the word and what it is sir? Consider who Jesus said that to, and how they would understand it. Looking forward to your response.
Don't look forward to what I have to say, you might not like or understand what I have to say. Suffice that Jesus addressed the seven churches in Revelation

O, BTW, if Jesus' own disciples did not understand what He told them, what makes you think the seven churches will!!!

P.S. another thing when God doubles down on certain passages, like verses 46 and 48 above, you can be sure the thing will happen.

To God Be The Glory

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does that surprise you, Bob? But let me enlighten you. When Jesus came to earth, He came to the Nation of Israel, did He not? They were given the Oracles of God from the beginning, yet they did not even recognize their own Messiah when He came? Go figure! Are you really asking if I truly know the Word? I should ask the same of you!

Don't look forward to what I have to say, you might not like or understand what I have to say. Suffice that Jesus addressed the seven churches in Revelation

O, BTW, if Jesus' own disciples did not understand what He told them, what makes you think the seven churches will!!!

P.S. another thing when God doubles down on certain passages, like verses 46 and 48 above, you can be sure the thing will happen.

To God Be The Glory
They recognized Jesus Jun, have you grasped the meaning of the parable of the cultivators Mat 21:33,38
Jesus' disciples understood much more when they were anointed by holy spirit. Pro 4:18 shows how God will reveal things progressively to His people, and likely you believe we are living in the last days as most do, therefore Dan 12:4 is fulfilled as well. Do we have absolute truth and understanding yet? No, but as always God reveals to His people what they need to know at the present time.

No matter how many times something is repeated, if God says it will happen, it will, unless circumstances change that would make him change His mind, such as Nineveh. The Nation of Israel became God's people when they made the statement recorded for us at Ex 19:7-11

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Isaiah 66;24

AMEN
Interesting and related scriptures you chose - all pertaining to a fire, and if viewed from heaven would look like a "lake of fire" (hell). Notice that this fire is described as being on earth, in Jerusalem and the surrounding region. Examine each scripture. The fire is viewed by flesh _ is one that devours trees _ on earth _ from south to north (specifying an area of land).
This will happen during the Great Tribulation. Revelation 8:7 supports this fire that covers 1/3 of the planet. If you draw a circle around Jerusalem with a radius of 2500 miles that would be about 1/3 (appr.,, 19 million sq. mi.) of the planet's land mass (57 million sq. mi.)
Armageddon is coming. What surrounds Israel? Practically all Islamic nations from Turkey in the north to African nations in the south and eastern nations.
Most of the ideas about hell come from the "Gehenna", a deep ravine south of Jerusalem. This was where the Canaanites used to sacrifice and burn humans to Molech, a false god. Gehenna os also translated as Hell in some Bible versions. Actually in Matthew 23:33, Jesus condemns the Pharisees and uses the word "Gehenna" which is translated as Hell.
The area later became a perpetual burning dump for dead and deased animals. It smoldered, the fire was not quenched and typically bodies or trash that was on the perimeter and even within, had worms that did not die because they were eating the flesh of the bodies that were not directly in flames.
When this war happens, likely a nuclear war, no one will be extinquishing the flames. There will be no fire trucks called to extinquish millions of square miles of devastation. No firemen alive to do it, nor water, nor power. It will not be quenched and will burn for a long time. After years of this smoldering ( that caused smoke to rise to the heavens), it will take Israel 6 months to bury the dead - that weren't already incinerated. Remember, "blood up to horses bridle" in the entire valley of Megiddo is symboloc for likely 200 hundred million dead bodies.
( 1600 stadia = 180 square miles)
More about Gehenna
The Greek word in Matthew 23:33 for hell is "geennes" from Ge Hinnom ( the Valley of Hinnom) or Gehenna. This was the Jewish concelt of "Hell", death that the ungodly suffered, the Gehenna.

1067 [e]
geennēs
γεέννης ?
of hell
N-GFS

Last edited: