God and the spider web

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
During World War II, a US marine was separated from his unit on a Pacific Island. The fighting had been intense, and in the smoke and the crossfire he had lost touch with his comrades.

Alone in the jungle, he could hear enemy soldiers coming in his direction. Scrambling for cover, he found his way up a high ridge to several small caves in the rock. Quickly he crawled inside one of the caves. Although safe for the moment, he realized that once the enemy soldiers looking for him swept up the ridge, they would quickly search all the caves and he would be killed.

As he waited, he prayed, "Lord, if it be your will, please protect me. Whatever your will though, I love you and trust you. Amen."

After praying, he lay quietly listening to the enemy begin to draw close. He thought, "Well, I guess the Lord isn't going to help me out of this one.." Then he saw a spider begin to build a web over the front of his cave.

As he watched, listening to the enemy searching for him all the while, the spider layered strand after strand of web across the opening of the cave.

"Ha, he thought. "What I need is a brick wall and what the Lord has sent me is a spider web. God does have a sense of humor."

As the enemy drew closer he watched from the darkness of his hideout and could see them searching one cave after another. As they came to his, he got ready to make his last stand. To his amazement, however, after glancing in the direction of his cave, they moved on. Suddenly, he realized that with the spider web over the entrance, his cave looked as if no one had entered for quite a while. "Lord, forgive me," prayed the young man. "I had forgotten that in you a spider's web is stronger than a brick wall."

1 Samuel 14:6 KJVS
And Jonathan said to the young man that bare his armour, Come, and let us go over unto the garrison of these uncircumcised: it may be that the Lord will work for us: for there is no restraint to the Lord to save by many or by few.

Even by one and that a spider.

We all face times of great trouble. When we do, it is so easy to forget the victories that God would work in our lives, sometimes in the most surprising ways. As the great leader, Nehemiah, reminded the people of Israel when they faced the task of rebuilding Jerusalem, "In God we will have success!" [Nehemiah 2:20]

Remember: Whatever is happening in your life, with God, a mere spider's web can become a brick wall of protection. Believe He is with you always. Just speak His name through Jesus His son, and you will see His great power and love for you.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
During World War II, a US marine was separated from his unit on a Pacific Island. The fighting had been intense, and in the smoke and the crossfire he had lost touch with his comrades.

Alone in the jungle, he could hear enemy soldiers coming in his direction. Scrambling for cover, he found his way up a high ridge to several small caves in the rock. Quickly he crawled inside one of the caves. Although safe for the moment, he realized that once the enemy soldiers looking for him swept up the ridge, they would quickly search all the caves and he would be killed.

As he waited, he prayed, "Lord, if it be your will, please protect me. Whatever your will though, I love you and trust you. Amen."

After praying, he lay quietly listening to the enemy begin to draw close. He thought, "Well, I guess the Lord isn't going to help me out of this one.." Then he saw a spider begin to build a web over the front of his cave.

As he watched, listening to the enemy searching for him all the while, the spider layered strand after strand of web across the opening of the cave.

"Ha, he thought. "What I need is a brick wall and what the Lord has sent me is a spider web. God does have a sense of humor."

As the enemy drew closer he watched from the darkness of his hideout and could see them searching one cave after another. As they came to his, he got ready to make his last stand. To his amazement, however, after glancing in the direction of his cave, they moved on. Suddenly, he realized that with the spider web over the entrance, his cave looked as if no one had entered for quite a while. "Lord, forgive me," prayed the young man. "I had forgotten that in you a spider's web is stronger than a brick wall."

1 Samuel 14:6 KJVS
And Jonathan said to the young man that bare his armour, Come, and let us go over unto the garrison of these uncircumcised: it may be that the Lord will work for us: for there is no restraint to the Lord to save by many or by few.

Even by one and that a spider.

We all face times of great trouble. When we do, it is so easy to forget the victories that God would work in our lives, sometimes in the most surprising ways. As the great leader, Nehemiah, reminded the people of Israel when they faced the task of rebuilding Jerusalem, "In God we will have success!" [Nehemiah 2:20]

Remember: Whatever is happening in your life, with God, a mere spider's web can become a brick wall of protection. Believe He is with you always. Just speak His name through Jesus His son, and you will see His great power and love for you.

That's a great testimony of God's protection, praise Jesus, Hallelujah! It's great to read of stuff like this in these forums.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My Grandma is not a Christian yet, and she is the only surviving one out of her brothers and sisters, even though she is not a Christian Jesus has looked after her, when she was a young girl living in China, a Japanese soldier captured her, and she managed to escape successfully, then there was another time, this one isn't war related, but some soothsayer told her parents to buy a cemetery or something or they would all die, now this is proof curses are very real, so I don't know whether if they did buy the cemetery or not, but everyone of her brothers and sisters died, including herself, she was dead for 3 days I think, but, she then came back to alive and rised up from the casket she was in, and she lived on, and started a family in Malaysia of 7 kids, Grandma is now 90 years old, I believe Jesus raised her up for a purpose and as a result my mum was born, mum was raised in a Buddhist family, but mum later found Jesus, and renounced Buddhism, broken generational curses and accepted Jesus into her life, and has been evangelizing to her family ever since, at 1st Grandma didn't like the fact she accepted Jesus, but she then later on went to accept the fact mum became a Christian.

Just last year or earlier this year mum's eldest brother found Jesus, Hallelujah, and we have a few relatives in Malaysia that are also saved as well, some of my uncles and aunties in Malaysia have even let us lay hands and pray for them in Jesus's name, in fact one my eldest uncle's daughters a strong Christian had also been sharing the Gospel with her dad(my eldest uncle) too and has been sharing the gospel with my other relatives living in Malaysia, we are still believing for his wife to be saved though and the rest of the relatives and Grandma, Grandma wasn't well about 10 years or more ago, and my dad prayed for her, she was in the operating room, she then saw a vision of Jesus waving through the window, and whatever operation she had was successful and the recovery was successful, and she is still alive years later, the thing that's been holding Grandma back though for years is she has been afraid of what will happen if she leaves the false gods, she now has a copy of the Bible though now in her own language, I don't know whether if she had picked it up yet or not.

On 11th of February 2018

I had a vision of my Aunties and Uncles and Pau Pau(Grandma) standing around in a circle praying and praising Jesus.

Thank God for that vision, Hallelujah

But praise Jesus for my Grandma that lived on to give birth to my mum, and praise God she is still alive at 90, my mum is now a nurse and sneakily spreads Jesus around to patients in the hospital and every now and then gets an opportunity to pray for the patients, haha, Hallelujah.

Thank You Jesus.

Reactions: Triumph1300

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Grandpa on my dads side is another story of Jesus's care and protection, he was in the US Navy and was docked at Pearl Harbour, he got out of Pearl Harbor 6 weeks before it was bombed, then somewhere around mid-life he had some heart problems or something, he then had an artificial heart valve put into him and lived a long life, he was born in 1916 and died in 2012 from pneumonia, but he was one of the longest surviving artificial heart valve patients even though he loved eating McDonalds and Red Rooster hahha, he loved ice cream too haha, and he kept his real teeth til the day he died too, in his last year's when he had some falls went into hospital and then aged care, he was telling everyone, my son's a preacher and I'm proud of him (in his Monteagle southern accent) haha. And before my dad was saved he always told my dad you need to get to a good church and find a good Christian woman. At 36 dad was saved a few years later he found a Christian woman, my mum, they both went to the same Bible college, but dad had never known her, til one day he was handing out Chinese Bible tracks, and mum was walking past and dad asked her do you speak Chinese, she replied "Yes Larry" and then he asked the guy next to him, "how does she know me, how does she know me" and he replied "she goes to the same Tabor Bible college, Larry" and it all went on from there, mum's car would continually break down and dad would take it to get repaired and he kept bringing it to the mechanic and giving my mum lifts, the mechanic then said, if you 2 keep coming back I'm going to have to marry you, not long after they got married. Hahahh it's amazing the way God works.

Reactions: Triumph1300

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My own grandma had a familiar spirit and my dad said she could lay her hands on a table when he was young and cause it to walk around the room.

She was saved before she died thank God. As a child I was troubled by evil spirits and had no one to help me. I was afraid of many things that carried over into manhood. Jesus delivered me from those things but we have many battles not having a church. However we had just as many when we did have.

Whether you have a church body or not you'd best draw as close to God as you can. You'll be needing Him for certain.

Living alone from other Christians makes you strong in God as you are forced by necessity to cling to Him and His strength. You either draw nearer or drift away. We want His continual strong presence. God covers our head, our thoughts in the day of battle. Where would I be without the mighty God to defend me? He watches over them that are His. Amen

In a battle you want to be close to the mighty warrior and that's Jesus. I feel for your grandma and pray her heart opens to God's word. Amen

1527598941778-360x640.jpg

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My own grandma had a familiar spirit and my dad said she could lay her hands on a table when he was young and cause it to walk around the room.

She was saved before she died thank God. As a child I was troubled by evil spirits and had no one to help me. I was afraid of many things that carried over into manhood. Jesus delivered me from those things but we have many battles not having a church. However we had just as many when we did have.

Whether you have a church body or not you'd best draw as close to God as you can. You'll be needing Him for certain.

Living alone from other Christians makes you strong in God as you are forced by necessity to cling to Him and His strength. You either draw nearer or drift away. We want His continual strong presence. God covers our head, our thoughts in the day of battle. Where would I be without the mighty God to defend me? He watches over them that are His. Amen

In a battle you want to be close to the mighty warrior and that's Jesus. I feel for your grandma and pray her heart opens to God's word. Amen

View attachment 2603

I'm living with my parents still, just to let you know, they are both strong Christians with wonderful testimonies. Praise God for them.

And mum also had a dream too of Grandma getting saved, I believe Grandma is becoming more open to the Gospel then she used to be though, anyway thanks for the prayer, last year when we visited our reletives in Malaysia, mum really had a good chat about the gospel with grandma and that opened her up to revealing parts of her childhood to my mum, the ones I just shared with ya, one of my cousins over there has also really been sharing the gospel with those reletives who are not yet saved. Every now and then I pray for her and my other relatives on both sides of the family that are not yet saved or have backsliden, with the stuff we have been shown, we are really believing she will be saved, and the others will be saved too.

Thanks for the encouragement, we are strong Christians in this home, praise God, it's real important we all develop a deeper and closer relationship with Jesus everyday, and it's real good I got a mum and dad that I can talk Christian stuff with, that I can talk Jesus with, the Holy Spirit and all the spiritual stuff, I am so blessed to have both of them as my parents. Praise Jesus

My sister and brother live elsewhere, my sister is a born again Christian, she lives in Bendigo and has a family of 6, my brother was born again too, at a young age, but he backslid l, my sister backslid too, but she came back to Jesus and found a good Christian man who she married and now has 4 kids. Praise Jesus.

Reactions: Frank Lee