When it rains it pours

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A while back I had a back injury that had me down for 6 months and two foot injuries that required small surgeries. All happened in about a year and during COVID lock downs and I live in a blue state. So they made it miserable. On one of my surgeries for some reason the doctor performed it in a risky way with only a 60% chance of success. I didn't know he was doing it until after it was too late. There are two ways to do the surgery and the one he chose meant that my toe nail wouldn't grow back.

Then over the course of the last few years I have lost my Grandmother, Mother, Aunt, Cousin, and my brother died and was brought back to life 15 minutes after death. So one miracle there.

Then this year just before the snow (which I prepare with by buying extra food cause I don't drive in the snow or ice), my microwave blew up. I noticed smoke coming out of it rapidly and had to run over and shut it off. Then later that day my fridge quit working. That night I slept on my side with my face to the wall. And in comes the Satan dream. I'm fighting this enemy that keeps kicking everyone. I said "enough" so I kicked him really hard. Just then I heard a loud "boom" with my ears audibly and woke up to massive pain in my toe. I realized I had literally kicked the wall in my sleep. It was an injury that might need another surgery. The horror of another toe surgery crept in and I knew I would know that I needed it or not in about a week. So it was waiting time. Meanwhile my landlord came over and assessed the fridge and went to find a replacement. Apparently it's a short fridge that has to fit into special cabinet height. He had to special order it and it was going to take a week. It was just before Christmas.

A week later I just kept praying that God would heal my toe so I wouldn't have to go thru the painful surgery again. Had to throw out all my food and couldn't really afford to replace it and had no way to store food. Luckily I stored up soup and chili for the snow time. So I had that to eat. And top ramen.

I finally got my fridge and new microwave after Christmas. And family helped me fill it back up with essentials. My toe never hurt again. It was the toe that the doctor did the risky surgery on so that the toe nail would only partially grow back. So it would appear his mistake may have saved my toe from another surgery. That and perhaps God healed it.

Anyways thru this all it has been fairly painful and troubling. But I enjoyed my time with God and his holy spirit blesses me with content happiness of peace.

My troubles are perhaps small compared to others. And I've heard stories of others going thru real hell and still loving God and being at peace and keeping the faith. We are all family under God and he is the tree of peace for us sharing to his branches.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peace-at-the-Feet-of-Jesus-enewsletter-Benny-Hinn-Ministries.jpg

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A while back I had a back injury that had me down for 6 months and two foot injuries that required small surgeries. All happened in about a year and during COVID lock downs and I live in a blue state. So they made it miserable. On one of my surgeries for some reason the doctor performed it in a risky way with only a 60% chance of success. I didn't know he was doing it until after it was too late. There are two ways to do the surgery and the one he chose meant that my toe nail wouldn't grow back.

Then over the course of the last few years I have lost my Grandmother, Mother, Aunt, Cousin, and my brother died and was brought back to life 15 minutes after death. So one miracle there.

Then this year just before the snow (which I prepare with by buying extra food cause I don't drive in the snow or ice), my microwave blew up. I noticed smoke coming out of it rapidly and had to run over and shut it off. Then later that day my fridge quit working. That night I slept on my side with my face to the wall. And in comes the Satan dream. I'm fighting this enemy that keeps kicking everyone. I said "enough" so I kicked him really hard. Just then I heard a loud "boom" with my ears audibly and woke up to massive pain in my toe. I realized I had literally kicked the wall in my sleep. It was an injury that might need another surgery. The horror of another toe surgery crept in and I knew I would know that I needed it or not in about a week. So it was waiting time. Meanwhile my landlord came over and assessed the fridge and went to find a replacement. Apparently it's a short fridge that has to fit into special cabinet height. He had to special order it and it was going to take a week. It was just before Christmas.

A week later I just kept praying that God would heal my toe so I wouldn't have to go thru the painful surgery again. Had to throw out all my food and couldn't really afford to replace it and had no way to store food. Luckily I stored up soup and chili for the snow time. So I had that to eat. And top ramen.

I finally got my fridge and new microwave after Christmas. And family helped me fill it back up with essentials. My toe never hurt again. It was the toe that the doctor did the risky surgery on so that the toe nail would only partially grow back. So it would appear his mistake may have saved my toe from another surgery. That and perhaps God healed it.

Anyways thru this all it has been fairly painful and troubling. But I enjoyed my time with God and his holy spirit blesses me with content happiness of peace.

My troubles are perhaps small compared to others. And I've heard stories of others going thru real hell and still loving God and being at peace and keeping the faith. We are all family under God and he is the tree of peace for us sharing to his branches.
That's a lot to go through, all at about the same time, Dev. So glad you are trusting the Lord through it all and still grateful.

I take a day at a time with the Lord. Also, I sometimes think upon comforting verses from God's Word, especially when I wake up.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a lot to go through, all at about the same time, Dev. So glad you are trusting the Lord through it all and still grateful.

I take a day at a time with the Lord. Also, I sometimes think upon comforting verses from God's Word, especially when I wake up.
Thanks Debp. I think I just live life and understand that God doesn't have to bless my life. It is a reward when he does. And I didn't list all the things he has done for me, and there are many also.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Psalm 103

Praise for the Lord’s Mercies
A Psalm of David.

1 Bless the Lord, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
2 Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
3 Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
4 Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

6 The Lord executes righteousness
And justice for all who are oppressed.
7 He made known His ways to Moses,
His acts to the children of Israel.
8 The Lord is merciful and gracious,
Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy.
9 He will not always strive with us,
Nor will He keep His anger forever.
10 He has not dealt with us according to our sins,
Nor punished us according to our iniquities.

11 For as the heavens are high above the earth,
So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him;
12 As far as the east is from the west,
So far has He removed our transgressions from us.
13 As a father pities his children,
So the Lord pities those who fear Him.
14 For He [a]knows our frame;
He remembers that we are dust.

15 As for man, his days are like grass;
As a flower of the field, so he flourishes.
16 For the wind passes over it, and it is gone,
And its place remembers it no more.
17 But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting
On those who fear Him,
And His righteousness to children’s children,
18 To such as keep His covenant,
And to those who remember His commandments to do them.

19 The Lord has established His throne in heaven,
And His kingdom rules over all.

20 Bless the Lord, you His angels,
Who excel in strength, who do His word,
Heeding the voice of His word.
21 Bless the Lord, all you His hosts,
You [c]ministers of His, who do His pleasure.
22 Bless the Lord, all His works,
In all places of His dominion.

Bless the Lord, O my soul!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 103

Praise for the Lord’s Mercies
A Psalm of David.

1 Bless the Lord, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
2 Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
3 Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
4 Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

6 The Lord executes righteousness
And justice for all who are oppressed.
7 He made known His ways to Moses,
His acts to the children of Israel.
8 The Lord is merciful and gracious,
Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy.
9 He will not always strive with us,
Nor will He keep His anger forever.
10 He has not dealt with us according to our sins,
Nor punished us according to our iniquities.

11 For as the heavens are high above the earth,
So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him;
12 As far as the east is from the west,
So far has He removed our transgressions from us.
13 As a father pities his children,
So the Lord pities those who fear Him.
14 For He [a]knows our frame;
He remembers that we are dust.

15 As for man, his days are like grass;
As a flower of the field, so he flourishes.
16 For the wind passes over it, and it is gone,
And its place remembers it no more.
17 But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting
On those who fear Him,
And His righteousness to children’s children,
18 To such as keep His covenant,
And to those who remember His commandments to do them.

19 The Lord has established His throne in heaven,
And His kingdom rules over all.

20 Bless the Lord, you His angels,
Who excel in strength, who do His word,
Heeding the voice of His word.
21 Bless the Lord, all you His hosts,
You [c]ministers of His, who do His pleasure.
22 Bless the Lord, all His works,
In all places of His dominion.

Bless the Lord, O my soul!
joy: joy: joy:

Hazelelponi

Jan 12, 2024
Raven
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm so sorry to hear your struggling in life. I think your right and many are, but that doesn't in any way diminish what you're facing, you get to cry sometimes too.

But if does mean that you're not alone, and there's plenty of shoulders to cry on when you need.

All my love to you! I'll pray for you!