God is Love

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

arunangelo

Aug 22, 2009
Omaha
surrendersacrifice.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=14pt] God is love; and love is a spirit which is unconditional, pure, selfless, forgiving and sacrificial. It is the inner most desire of our heart, and the only source of our peace and joy. Because love is unconditional it is not affected by conditions that surround us. It therefore, does not discriminate between friends and foes. Furthermore it is the force that propels us to surrender our own interest in order to serve those who hurt and betray us. Love took a human form in Jesus (who is God), who accepted the most painful and shameful death on the cross, so that, we, who betrayed him and hurt him by our sins, may have eternal life. His sacrifice kindles the spirit of love in our heart. This enables us to love [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]one another as he has loved us (John 13:34-35); quietly bear each other’s burdens; die to self in order to bring healing to those who hurt and betray us; forgive without any limit (Matt. 18:22); bind each other’s wounds; stay faithful to our marriage covenant even when there is hurt, betrayal and frustrations; and be a servant to our fellow human beings. Since this love is not affected by what happens around us it is eternal and those who make it their life will have eternal life. [/SIZE]

Reactions: child of fire

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
arunangelo : Because love is unconditional it is not affected by conditions that surround us.
Love is conditional.

If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
ULTIMATE LOVE

Revelation Chapter 12

V.12 Therefore (a)rejoice ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. (b)Woe to the ones dwelling on the earth, and in the sea, because the devil is come down to you having (c)great anger, knowing he has only a little time."

(a) The inhabitants of heaven, exhorted to rejoice. Clearly Satan had for many ages caused great trouble, strife, conflict and much turmoil, beyond our ability to understand, whilst allowed to retain a "place," in heaven. It is also clear that his success persuaded ⅓ of all angels to follow him, (Rev.12:4). His presence is a constant source of pernicious, on-going divisive action in heaven. Even though heaven's creation know who their Creator is, Satan still has much success in converting angelic creation to his side. One of the many major differences between mankind and angels, is humans will deny the existence of God Almighty, and also Satan. It is implicit that one element is common to both earthly and heavenly creation, free will! It is therefore easy to understand that heavenly creation rejoices at the expulsion of such an adversary, after so long in their midst, and also in the knowledge that Satan's efforts will be short on earth. The question often asked by many over the years, is how could Almighty God allow Satan to exist after such rebellion, and even to be in His presence, to have place in heaven; and patrol earth (Job 1 and 2.) The answer undoubtedly lies in The Perfect Plan of Redemption, that only God could conceive, wherein the Perfect Love of God would allow Satan to perform to his vile worst in heaven as well as earth after the overthrow of Genesis, all of which is observed by heavenly creation (Eph. 3:10.) Some argue that such a protracted process is wasteful, painful, and suffers great loss of life and environment. That is to miss the main point. It is of course easily possible for Almighty God to eliminate Satan. To do so however prematurely would not allow creation to see the depth of sin that Satan will eventually stoop to. Conversely, the Almighty will be seen by all creation to take the burden and result on Himself, in the form of Christ Jesus (Col. 1:20.) It is thereafter the response to Christ's death and suffering (in the place of all humankind,) which is the key to individuals eternal destiny, on earth and also in heaven, in this age, and eternity!

The main thrust for Satan's pernicious attention had been heaven's occupants and the tribes of Israel. Abraham was chosen by God! He was called "the friend of God," (2Chr. 20:7, Isa. 41:8, Jms. 2:23,) because his heart was against the idolatry of his father, and the nation Ur, which derived from Babylon! After Paul's declaration (Acts 28:25-28,) all the world's nations became the subject of Satan’s attention; which showed in the Wisdom of Jehovah Zebaoth, that the failure of Satan at The Cross and the failure of Israel to accept Christ (Acts 28:26,) increased the eventual harvest for Christ / Jehovah. Most people on earth are fixated with their flesh life, which is natural enough. However, God has ordained that they are not content, and can only find rest, peace and understanding in Him, albeit in simple sincere trust, which most people find hard to give unless they encounter Christ, personally. Because all the efforts of Satan are eventually self defeating, and will be seen as such by heavenly and earthly creation, the Almighty in Christ will vanquish Satan, but not until heaven and earth have been reminded that Satan stands for deceit, destruction, suffering, and death, as opposed to the Love, Peace, Justice and Righteousness of Jehovah/Christ. After that reminder, Satan and his followers will be consigned to doom (Rev. 20:10.) All that remains for individuals at the present time (i.e. this age) is to trust in God's work, in Christ Jesus. The timing of the above is in the hands of the Father only (Matt. 24:36,) and His timing is perfect (Matt. 5:48.) The perfect timing of God the Father means that Satan is defeated by perfect Love (a concept totally alien to mankind;) which means that Satan is defeated by Love, which is God (1 John 4:8-16!) Had Satan been destroyed at the time of his rebellion, none of the above could have come into play, and such action by the Almighty would have been seen by creation as dictatorial, and His plan of Love could not unfold to fruition. As the plan now unfolds, God will indeed be seen as Ultimate Love.

Subjectindex

If you would like to E-mail us with your comments please click here.

child of fire

Mar 2, 2014
arunangelo said:
[SIZE=14pt] God is love; and love is a spirit which is unconditional, pure, selfless, forgiving and sacrificial. It is the inner most desire of our heart, and the only source of our peace and joy. Because love is unconditional it is not affected by conditions that surround us. It therefore, does not discriminate between friends and foes. Furthermore it is the force that propels us to surrender our own interest in order to serve those who hurt and betray us. Love took a human form in Jesus (who is God), who accepted the most painful and shameful death on the cross, so that, we, who betrayed him and hurt him by our sins, may have eternal life. His sacrifice kindles the spirit of love in our heart. This enables us to love [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]one another as he has loved us (John 13:34-35); quietly bear each other’s burdens; die to self in order to bring healing to those who hurt and betray us; forgive without any limit (Matt. 18:22); bind each other’s wounds; stay faithful to our marriage covenant even when there is hurt, betrayal and frustrations; and be a servant to our fellow human beings. Since this love is not affected by what happens around us it is eternal and those who make it their life will have eternal life. [/SIZE]
its like you read my hearts desires and wrote it word for word... i think i might cry

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yeah - spectacular OP. it is the treasure in the field........

i have been reading at least once a day, simply to remind me of Home

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
arunangelo said:
This reads like Universalist rubbish or something Hallmark cards would put out on the fake holiday of Valentine's Day.

No one is saved by love. Love isn't a spirit. It's either a biological reaction to physical stimulation or it's the fruit of the Holy Spirit (along with peace and joy). It may help in creating a few folks, but it doesn't save anybody.

Salvation is in the blood of Jesus Christ who died upon the cross. The blood is all. The blood is sufficient. The blood is the only way to salvation.

As for being all love, God isn't that either. He's a few other things too and that's something sinners don't want to hear.

Unless a man repents of his sin and accepts Christ as his lord and savior he cannot see the Kingdom of God.

Any other gospel is a lie of satan and should be avoided for the deception it is.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

Reactions: FHII and KingJ

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Choir Loft: surely you see that "The Blood of Christ" and Love are linked!
if you don't what is the problem?
Floyd.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God sent His Son because He loves us - there is no other reason.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh guys please respond. Jesus spent his desperate ministry trying so show the right doctrine of the pharisees meant nothing without love of neighbor. We are called to love not judge - nothing else follows Jesus path of salvation.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Aspen: John the Baptist, Jesus, and the great apostle Paul, all expended much effort showing that the corrupt Pharisees and their teachings were massive stumbling blocks to the people; and that they did not teach Truth!
John, as the "forerunner" for Jesus; Jesus as the pending "Messiah" (God with us); Paul as Jesus' mouthpiece, after His Resurrection.
All were pointing to the "Love of God" in Himself; ie in Christ Jesus!
Initially, the message of Love was to the Jews only; "I come only to the lost sheep of Israel"; but because the Jews and Sanhedrin would not accept Jesus as Messiah, which was not their final decision until Acts28:25-28; The message of Love thereafter applied to the whole world, and still does (Jhn.3:16).

We must try in our flesh life to not judge others, and to love them; however, every single one of us fail; without exception; which is why Jesus died for us as the perfect substitute! God gave Himself for us; for which we can only stand in uncomprehending awe!

The fact of His love for us; in which we have "faith"; is the only way for fallen mankind to complete the flesh journey to Him "who first Loved us".

Many of the religions of the world (and enemy spirits) try to undo this in their teachings and arguments on the semantics of the Bible; but they cannot undo the God given simplicity of it; or the profound Gift of God in Christ Jesus; His Divine Son; "God with us"!

Floyd.

Reactions: KingJ

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
This reads like Universalist rubbish or something Hallmark cards would put out on the fake holiday of Valentine's Day.
That went through my mind too :) . But I don't think there is any ill intentions by aruno.

aspen said:
oh guys please respond. Jesus spent his desperate ministry trying so show the right doctrine of the pharisees meant nothing without love of neighbor. We are called to love not judge - nothing else follows Jesus path of salvation.
Obeying the second commandment will NEVER fulfil the first. But obeying the first will fulfil the second!

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
rjp34652: This reads like Universalist rubbish or something Hallmark cards would put out on the fake holiday of Valentine's Day.
Thanks! Made my day.

B

brakelite

Arunangelo has got things absolutley right.

"If we can't see His hand, and we don’t know His plan, trust His heart.”
These are the some of the words from one of my favourite songs. My brothers and sisters in Christ, if only we knew how much God loves us. If only we understood how deeply committed God is to our well being. If only we appreciated the pain that God endured when He gave His only Son to the human race that we might live. The pain and anguish God suffered when Jesus cried those mournful words “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?” A pain never before experienced by the heart of God, and yet felt every time when just one member of His beloved creation turns away from Him. A pain and anguish He feels when He knows that His offer of mercy and grace has been spurned for the last time, and He reluctantly withdraws His Holy Spirit from that one’s life. Yet conversely, the total joy and excitement in heaven by the Father, His Son, and all the angels at the acceptance of Jesus by just one repentant sinner. If we understood just a fraction of the depth and extent of God’s love, we would not doubt His guiding hand, we would not fear tomorrow, we would trust His love and surrender to Him utterly.
We can do that my friends. Though we cannot see what tomorrow may bring, especially in these last days, though we do not know the end from the beginning, we can be assured that God does. He sees all the pitfalls and swamps and mountains ahead of us, and will guide us accordingly. He has already made provision for every contingency. Nothing takes Him by surprise, there is not one thing that can happen to us for which He is not prepared. He loves us. He loves us! He loves us! God loves us!!! With a passion !!!! He is head over heels in love with you!!! Trust in that love. Hope in that love. Believe in that love. Rest in that love.
Though you may not understand everything that God does, though you may not understand anything else regarding the nature of God, if you can know His love, then you know Him. “And this is life eternal, if ye know God, and Jesus Christ Whom He has sent”. God is love. Immerse yourself in His love. Immerse yourself in Him. He is to be trusted with your life. Surrender all to Him, and know the joy and peace He brings.
And if anyone has difficulty in their present circumstance grasping the depth of the love of God, look to the cross. Look to the life and death of Jesus. God’s love personified, exemplified and magnified by His Son. Like Father like Son. Jesus did not die to convince the Father to love you. Jesus died because the Father loves you.
“If you cant see His hand, and you don’t know His plan, trust His heart…. “

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No one is saved by love. Love isn't a spirit. It's either a biological reaction to physical stimulation or it's the fruit of the Holy Spirit (along with peace and joy). It may help in creating a few folks, but it doesn't save anybody.

Salvation is in the blood of Jesus Christ who died upon the cross. The blood is all. The blood is sufficient. The blood is the only way to salvation.

As for being all love, God isn't that either. He's a few other things too and that's something sinners don't want to hear.

Unless a man repents of his sin and accepts Christ as his lord and savior he cannot see the Kingdom of God.

Any other gospel is a lie of satan and should be avoided for the deception it is.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...
Amen.... The OP started out good, but you better be able to determine who your enemies are, even as a Christian. Love your enemies? Sure, it says that in Matt 5:43. Satan's my enemy.... Guess I'll just have to break the scripture on that one! Unless..... Love in this case is something more than what the hallmark card preaches. How did Jeus love that enemy? He said, "It is written..." He also kicked his sorry behind out of heaven!

I have nothing against love, but it's overpreached (if anything in the Bible can be overpreached). What about "truth"? It ain't overpreached and I know that because I see so much Babylon in traditional religion these days.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
FHII said:
Amen.... The OP started out good, but you better be able to determine who your enemies are, even as a Christian. Love your enemies? Sure, it says that in Matt 5:43. Satan's my enemy.... Guess I'll just have to break the scripture on that one! Unless..... Love in this case is something more than what the hallmark card preaches. How did Jeus love that enemy? He said, "It is written..." He also kicked his sorry behind out of heaven!

I have nothing against love, but it's overpreached (if anything in the Bible can be overpreached). What about "truth"? It ain't overpreached and I know that because I see so much Babylon in traditional religion these days.
Love overpreached? What does that even mean? The op title is a direct quote from the bible. God is Love.

As for loving our enemies, it is implied that this refers to our human enemies in the flesh. Don't over think it.

And as for love being conditional (reply #3), we ought to understand that the English word 'love' is a bit lacking in getting across the fact that the original language uses more than one word that we translate as love in our language. Which one is conditional? Agape? Phileos? According to the Greek, John 14:23 is about affectionate love. It is in reference to relationship.

So while we argue over this subject, we should remember that ...."....God so loved the world (Agape) that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes on Him shall not perish but have everlasting life" Conditional you say? (reply#3) How do we keep His words? We can start by accepting this one in John 3:16.

And what did Jesus command? John 15:12..." This is My commandment, that you love one another"...John 15:14..." You are My friends if you do whatever I command you" ...John 15:17..." These things I command you, that you love one another". Notice vs. 14 is in the middle of the context of vs.12 and 17. The subject is love.

As well, Paul had the insight to remind his readers that love is the fulfillment of the law, for it does no harm to a neighbor.

Over preached? 1John 3:23..." And this is His commandment, that we should believe on the name of His Son and love one another, as He gave us commandment". Maybe you can also try to tell us that it is over commanded! To which I will reply....Nice Try!

When Jesus welcomes His own into the kingdom, He will say " I was thirsty, I was naked, I was in prison, I was hungry, I was sick...." Our benevolence and compassion is what He is pleased with. How do we love Him? Inasmuch as you did it to the least of these.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea, that's right! Overpreached! If that's all you are focusing on, you are over preaching it. It's also very self centered (not necessarily on an individual basis, but then again, often times it is).

When all you are talking about is God's love for his children, what he wants for his children, what he's going to do for his children, and so forth, guess what you are missing out on? God! What HE wants US to do! What else HE loves (Truth, for example). What and who HE hates.

Thought I had made that clear, but I guess not.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
FHII said:
Yea, that's right! Overpreached! If that's all you are focusing on, you are over preaching it. It's also very self centered (not necessarily on an individual basis, but then again, often times it is).

When all you are talking about is God's love for his children, what he wants for his children, what he's going to do for his children, and so forth, guess what you are missing out on? God! What HE wants US to do! What else HE loves (Truth, for example). What and who HE hates.

Thought I had made that clear, but I guess not.
Who in their right mind can actually focus on one thing alone for even a moment? That kind of exaggeration has no value in making any kind of case. As well, I don't know of any case, especially on this website, where love is the only single focus in anyone's life or ministry. I could use my own observation to protest the overpreaching of using threats of wrath and rejection to motivate people into action. It simply boils down to an opinion.

But as for love, it is intended to be our primary motivation to do what God wants us to do. If you want my opinion about self centered-ness, the fear of punishment is more a selfish motive than love will ever be. Love is concerned for the other person. Self survival does not fit the definition of love, other than self love.
So how does God want us motivated to godly purposes? We love Him because he first loved us. What is so wrong with that focus?

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Echoing the OP...

God is love. God is Spirit. Love is Spirit.

In truth we are called to no further expression than love, for in us (Christians) love is perfected. Love your God, love your neighbor, love your enemy. It can never be over-preached, over-estimated, or over-worked. It is every Christian's calling. It is the appropriate response in every given human experience. It is the will of God for our lives. It is the mark of a true and mature Christian whose branch will produce fruit to good measure. Love is the highest expression in human existence.

Preach without it and bear no fruit. 1 Corinthians 13:1
Claim God without it and be proved a liar. 1 John 4:8
We are to speak it. Ephesians 4:15
It is the greatest command. Matthew 22:37

A good reflection in this setting is this passage...

3 Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves;
4 do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.
5 Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus,
6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,
7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.
8 Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
9 For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name,
10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

God the Father sent the Son, out of love, to selflessly die, out of love, for those who did not love Him... Love is ultimate and is sovereign. Being a true expression of love, God is just. In such He gave His only Son, for the sins of the world. Those who do not accept the testimony of truth, make God to be a liar, whereas God will not be mocked. Yes, love is supreme as God is supreme. Love will never be shamed. Love is everlasting. Love acts for the benefit of others, not self. Jesus sacrificed self as the ultimate expression of love; we are called to do the same.

Some may claim a different side of God, yet that would be conflicting to God's nature. God has one side: love, goodness, truth, light. Do not confuse justice and God's wrath as unloving. All things work for the good for those who love God. Does He not make it rain on the unrighteous as well as the righteous? What if he endured with long-suffering vessels prepared for wrath, in order to show his great love? That which is intended for evil, God intends for good. God has one nature, love.

If I were preach on one thing for eternity, it would be God as love. I could easily dedicate a lifetime to it. In every instance of scripture, love is an undercurrent. We are to pursue love in earnest, in such we pursue God. To reflect on the logos of God, love is the looking-glass. To preach God's love is to preach the gospel, for they are eternally intertwined. And this is the full gospel, for it is spoken as truth in love.

His kingdom come...

Reactions: williemac