God is not a respector of persons is taken out of context

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
persons refers to people on an individual level
not on a national level such as a whole race of people.
so please stop taking that verse out of context.
israel as a nation are Gods chosen nation.
that is all.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
I was wondering the same thing??? Random quote time!

"I was standing in the park wondering why frisbees got bigger as they get closer. Then it hit me."

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
I was wondering the same thing??? Random quote time!

"I was standing in the park wondering why frisbees got bigger as they get closer. Then it hit me."

DUDE! You're supposed to DUCK!
smilie_girl_252.gif

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
that is all.

And we of the nations are grafted into Israel individually to become one people having ONE Shepherd!

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
that is all.

God does not respect people in the sense that He doesn't owe us any favors. No man can see the Kingdom of God until he understands that spiritual principle. Simply put, it's called humility.

The use of Israel as an example is confusing. According to one's theology and/or bigotry, Israel may or may not be favored in God's sight. Then again the very definition of Israel may be called into question. As for example the spiritual Israel vs. the political Israel.

There are a lot of people out there that refuse to believe Israel exists as a nation. I'm referring to Christians, not just your run of the mill anti-semite. Don't ask me to explain that bit of insanity without getting too spiritually dark about it. It's there and you've no doubt run across it. Some Christians simply have a theological problem with the Jew. The flesh and blood kind; William Shatner, Gwyneth Paltrow, George Gershwin, Julio Iglesias, Albert Einstein, Jonas Salk, Milton Hershey and Michael Dell to name a few.

As for favored nation status, the Bible clearly states that Israel is the only nation that will be saved as a nation.
We're still waiting to see that happen, BTW.
Gentiles are still being saved one at a time (actually the arrangement has been working rather well).

----------------------------------

Nations are not grafted into Israels' inheritance. Individuals are. See the book of Romans.

The grafting bit refers to the adoption of the gentile as a son of God. This is a spiritual reference, not a political one. The living gentile group is called "the church". The dead ones are in paradise with Jesus and aren't concerned with such fine points.

In Romans, Paul says that "most" of the Jews have rejected God's annointed (Jesus). Therefore the vacant place is given to the gentile. Paul hints that a few Jews will be saved as a remnant. We see this at work in the book of Acts and in the Messianic Jewish movement today.

It should also be pointed out that adoption into the spiritual family of God is not universal. The brotherhood of man is nowhere mentioned in the Bible. In fact, it is quite clear that there is a division between those who are OUT and those who are IN. Read the entire OT. Story after story illustrates that point.

Brotherhood in anything implies a bond of some sort. Brothers in battle is one, brothers as fire fighters are another and brothers in Christ has a specific meaning. Christians are bretheren in Jesus in that they share Him in common.

I suppose you could argue that there is indeed a global brotherhood of man. Philosophy can be fun can't it? You can argue almost anything is true.
Sadly this 'brotherhood' has been trying to murder its members at a feverish pace for the last hundred years or so. As a consequence I doubt that membership in that particular global brotherhood has any particular advantage.

informer

May 1, 2011
For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
(Rom 9:6-8)

Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
(Acts 10:34-35)

But here in this site is concerning Christianity, therefore:

For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
(Rom 10:12)

Even the Lord Jesus Christ tells us that His biological family is irrelevant, but rather:

For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
(Mat 12:50)

What is out of context and naive is when we begin to suppose that anyone who is a Jew is somehow automatically receiving salvation.

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is not a respector of persons is taken out of context

you are right. people take things they do not understand and fashion it in ways that they can wrap their minds around. for example faith. God does not give one person more faith then another. everyone is given the same measure of faith. but it is how you use your faith will determine how much it will grow. i can best explain it like a game. when playing game whether a roleplaying game, arcade game or whatever the objects are the same. you start with nothing as you go along you get things that will help you on your way. faith works the same way. everyone starts the same but when faith is in use then that causes your faith to grow. the more your faith is used the better your faith becomes. God does not care who you are. why does kenneth copeland, smith wigglesworth and many others recognized for their great abilities? is it because God gave them all their faith or did they earn it by trusting in God to take care of them?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Hasn't this been the subject of other threads here? Since we're discussing it again... I agree, God is no respecter of persons as written. Just look at Old Testament history about the nation of Israel falling away from Him to Baal worship and that will easily be seen.

God's Israel today is His Church through His Son Jesus Christ. And any non-flesh born Israelite that believes on God's promised Saviour Jesus Christ becomes part of that. That's why Apostle Paul called God's Israel through Christ the "commonwealth of Israel" in Ephesians 2. It was to not just represent one literal nation or people, but peoples of all nations that believe on The Father through His Son Jesus Christ unto Salvation.

A false idea that keeps getting pushed as truth is that only Jews represent flesh Israel, (i.e., flesh born Israelites, not just the geographical nation of Israel.)

The Old Testament prophets and Books of Kings and Chronicles reveal how God split old Israel into two separate kingdoms and peoples. Even in the New Testament the Pharisee Jews revealed they knew about the majority of Israelites having been scattered abroad, that they were not present in the holy land at that time but dispersed among the Gentiles (John 7:35; James 1:1).

Historically, the name Jew is derived from the tribe of Judah. The Jewish historian Josephus (100 A.D.) declared that's the name which ONLY those who returned to Jerusalem from the 70 years Babylon captivity began to call theirselves, along with all peoples that lived in those lands of Judea around Jerusalem...

"So the Jews prepared for the work: that is the name they are called by from the day that they came up from Babylon, which is taken from the tribe of Judah, which came first to these places, and from there both they and the country gained that appeallation." (Antiquities Of The Jews, Josephus, Book II, Chap.5; Sec.7 (173), from translation by William Whiston).

That was about the 70 years Babylon captivity of the "house of Judah" per God's Word. Did you know that "house of Judah" which went captive to Babylon by king Nebuchadnezzar did NOT represent ALL the tribes of Israel???

After God split old Israel into two separate kingdoms per 1 Kings 11 through 13, the "house of Judah" made up ONLY the tribes of Judah, Benjamin, and Levites (along with some small remnants of the other tribes). That's who became the group known as Jews. But not only those, but also foreigners that lived in the lands of Judea at that time of the return from Babylon.

That split is clearly written in God's Word, and I get tired of hearing Jews today omit that history like it never happened, especially when Jewish scholars themselves have testified that the majority of Israelites (the ten tribes) are NOT among the Jews (something Josephus also declared in his histories of Israel).

The other tribes of Israel that are NOT Jews:

Dan; Asher, Naphtali, Manasseh, Ephraim, Reuben, Simeon, Issachar, Zebulun, Gad.

Count 'em. That's 10 Tribes of Israel that were separated from Judah, Benjamin, and Levi per God's Word. Those were NOT Jews, nor or they known as Jews today, nor did they ever... join back among the Jews today. Their joining with the "house of Judah", the stick of Ezekiel 37 that is in the hand of Judah, is still for sometime in our future when Christ Jesus returns to gather the people.

Those 10 Tribes were called the "house of Israel" per God's Word after He split the two groups. They represented the "kingdom of Israel" after the spliit, while Judah at Jerusalem represented the "kingdom of Judah" per God's Word.

What does that mean for today? The "kingdom of Israel" of 10 Tribes was scattered among the Gentiles while the tribes of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi were still living in the lands around Jerusalem. The kings of Assyria removed the 10 Tribes out of the land; Judah in the south still remained...

10 Tribes ("house of Israel") >>> removed from around 741 B.C. to 670 B.C to land of the Medes by kings of Assyria

3 Tribes ("house of Judah") >>> removed around 580 B.C. captive to Babylon by king of Babylon Nebuchadnezzar.

Not only that, but God's Word of the Book of Ezra tells us exactly who, and how many of the Judah (Jews) captives returned to Jerusalem after their Babylon captivity.

Only a small remnant of the 3 Tribes of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi returned to Jerusalem to build the second temple and walls. The rest of the Jews stayed... in Babylon after the 70 years. God had taken good care of them is why, like He said He would; they would plant vineyards and build houses there and would increase in numbers (per Jeremiah). So most of them didn't want to leave Babylon. What happened to that majority of them that chose to stay in Babylon? They were later scattered through the countries like their brethren of the 10 Tribes had been. Ezekiel was given to prophesy of it (Ezek.3 through 6). That's what's called the Jewish Diaspora (dispersing). It did NOT involve the 10 Tribes of Israel, for they were already scattered out of the land by the time of Nebuchadnezzar.

This is why Apostle Paul would claim to be a Judean ("Jew") per Acts 21:39 and 22:3. He was born of the tribe of Benjamin, but a Judean ("Jew") because his ancestors were from the small remnant of Jews (Judah, Benjamin, Levi) that returned to Jerusalem after their captivity to Babylon (per both the Bible history and the Jewish historian Josephus).

James 1:1
1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.
(KJV)

What about James' salutation to all 12 tribes then???

All the 10 Tribes were scattered abroad out of the holy land first. Then the majority of the 3 Tribes under Judah that remained in Babylon were later scattered abroad among the Gentiles also.

God foretold through His prophet Hosea, that scattered Judah (Jews) would retain their heritage as part of israel. But not so for the 10 Tribes, for they were to be lost (to the world, but not to God). The Behistun Rock carving on a mountainside (in modern Iraq) stands as archaeological proof of the separate captivity of the 10 Tribes of Israel by the kings of Assyria. Their physical features are even represented in that carving.

Thus, the Jews are ONLY a portion of TOTAL flesh-born Israelites today. The 10 Tribes made up the majority of old Israel, and there's no reason to think they don't still today, especially when God foretold through Jacob that just Ephraim would become "a multitude of nations", and that his brother Manasseh would also become "great" (Gen.48).