"God Moments"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Collin Feener

Aug 2, 2019
Toronto Ont Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Goodness Colin...how many years has it been?? Almost a decade I would guess.

I sent an INBOX to you this afternoon...that is what the little red #1 is by your INBOX top right. I guess you missed it...or you are ignoring me :D

How is Toronto these days.....come over the God's side of the country! LOL

Good to see you again... Helen.
View attachment 6924
I'm not ignoring you. I am so happy to see you.

Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm not ignoring you. I am so happy to see you.

Hi Colin , so you did read my message to you then. Good.
By Gods Grace we are all still ‘alive and kicking’. ;)

How did you find this forum?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Several years ago we attended a church where our small study group consisted of five couples. One lady had been fighting cancer for years. Our study group spent a weekend in a cabin in the mountains just in fellowship. The way that God used this woman was amazing. I cannot think of any specific ways, just her conversations and the love of Christ that shown through her and her life. She passed away the year we went to the cabin.

Our study group leader was 50 years old, diagnosed with cancer and given four months to live. He witnessed to people as he was receiving chemotherapy. He led his mother and sister to Christ. A few weeks later he was hospitalized. He called us on a Saturday and asked us to have class in his hospital room because that was going to be his last Sunday. He gave the lesson and prayed for us, said his goodbyes and passed away a few days later.

God did not deliver my friends from cancer - He delivered them through it.

The lives of these people were “God moments” for me. Seeing their faith and their love was seeing Christ through them. I think this is why I am so adamant about how we love others. Having witnessed that love in other people, I cannot but wonder why I do not always see it in myself. Too often, I'm afraid, it just is not there.

Praise God and Amen ...
It reminds me of a lady who lost her husband the same way...she said , ‘ he did not get his miracle , but he has now been ‘healed’....
Victory THROUGH the experience ...and Jesus waiting on the other shore.

B

brakelite

God cares, even about the little things. I came to Australia 2 1/2 years ago, and continued using my NZ driving license for the allowable 6 months then had it renewed. I had to send to NZ for a specific document so that the people at this end could verify the classes of license I was to be credited with. I had two classes...car and motor-bike. Previously I had also held heavy traffic combination from when I was driving articulated buses, but they had long gone over their expiry date. There was a 5 year expiry limit at which time you had to resit the entire test, get medicals etc etc, which would have cost much $$$$$. which I didn't have. I didn't think I would ever need them again so just let them lapse. Now, in Australia, I was offered a job driving buses. Oh dear. Darn it. Made all the appropriate enquiries just to confirm, and yep, everything was expired. Cost of going through latest driving school and getting medicals etc...$2000. Darn it again.
But, I wanted to do it. So took the first step. Applying for a shorter period whereby I didn't have to wait 2 years (driving in Australian conditions)before I could do the test. Was told that this was quite possible due to my previous experience. So, paid $50 and sent in the application. Along witth that application for a shorter waiting period, was the details on the class of licence I was seeking...simply a lower grade medium heavy licence which enabled me to drive the smaller buses that would be my job. All of thise was after several visits to various departments and emailing overseas, receiving documents, submitting same, getting identification from several sources etc etc. Quite the go around, but that's the way it is.
Didn't hear back for a while, and was beginning to wonder if I had been declined. Then a phone call. Victorian Roads Authority. Heart flutters majorly. Yes, your application for a shorter period is granted. Praise God! So then in the shortest time you could imagine, thoughts of how I was going to raise 2000$ and how quickly could I do it so I could start the new job...then the lady spoke again..."I see you held previously a heavy traffic licence in NZ and you have applied for a medium licence for here. We are willing to reinstate that medium heavy...but also all the other classifications up to heavy combination as well. At no extra cost. Your licence will be in the mail tomorrow."

B

Butterfly

Hi Helen,
I have been thinking about ' God Moments ' since I got your link to this thread- at work that day I found out I have got the dementia floor back again, after six weeks of being elsewhere because of issues within the housekeeping team. That was a God moment in itself ( long story ) However I began to realise that so often we look for ' moments ' that are really ' the big things ' the things we remember- but what about all the moments we simply don't see, or don't remember because God is active in our lives all the time. I am constantly tired and if I am honest I am tired on the inside as well as physically - it has affected my ability to ' see ' God in my life, but the situation at work has shown me that behind the scenes he is helping , giving me the grace to be sustained through a difficult time , despite of how I am feeling. He gives me grace to support my dad, even when inside I don't want to do all the extra work. He sustains me with all that I face with my sons issues - and he is the one companion that doesn't leave me even though my phone is silent and friends non existent at times.
God understands me , knows me, and is with me- that is a constant ' God moment ' for me right now -
God has brought me through so many things, and enables me to ' do what is needed ' when inside I just want to hide away and not really do anything !
Rita

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi Helen,
I have been thinking about ' God Moments ' since I got your link to this thread- at work that day I found out I have got the dementia floor back again, after six weeks of being elsewhere because of issues within the housekeeping team. That was a God moment in itself ( long story ) However I began to realise that so often we look for ' moments ' that are really ' the big things ' the things we remember- but what about all the moments we simply don't see, or don't remember because God is active in our lives all the time. I am constantly tired and if I am honest I am tired on the inside as well as physically - it has affected my ability to ' see ' God in my life, but the situation at work has shown me that behind the scenes he is helping , giving me the grace to be sustained through a difficult time , despite of how I am feeling. He gives me grace to support my dad, even when inside I don't want to do all the extra work. He sustains me with all that I face with my sons issues - and he is the one companion that doesn't leave me even though my phone is silent and friends non existent at times.
God understands me , knows me, and is with me- that is a constant ' God moment ' for me right now -
God has brought me through so many things, and enables me to ' do what is needed ' when inside I just want to hide away and not really do anything !
Rita
Must be challenging working with ppl with dementia...

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Helen,
Rita

Hi Rita!
Has been awhile since seeing you on here. So happy that you can still see Him working in your life. I know how tough working with the dementia patients can burn you out.
You have allot on your plate and probably nobody helping you. And yes, phones silent, fair weathered friends...can get very lonely. Also, that tiredness inside as well a out, makes you want to hide away...I can relate to that. But God!
I'm glad He is sustaining you and hoping for things to lighten up for you soon.
In Him,
nancy

Reactions: Butterfly
B

Butterfly

Must be challenging working with ppl with dementia...
It was when I was a carer, but as a housekeeper it's different. That is not what is making me tired on the inside, that's what makes me physically tired xx
Rita xx

Reactions: Nancy
B

Butterfly

Hi Rita!
Has been awhile since seeing you on here. So happy that you can still see Him working in your life. I know how tough working with the dementia patients can burn you out.
You have allot on your plate and probably nobody helping you. And yes, phones silent, fair weathered friends...can get very lonely. Also, that tiredness inside as well a out, makes you want to hide away...I can relate to that. But God!
I'm glad He is sustaining you and hoping for things to lighten up for you soon.
In Him,
nancy
Hi Nancy,
I have been checking on the forum every day, but just get fed up with all the disagreements and threads that's just seem to be about proving one another wrong or right. It's not what ' feeds me ' spiritually. I am okay, been feeling this way for a few years but proberbly worse since I came off HRT, however if that's all I get with regards to the menopause,then I am not going to complain as I can cope with it xx
Rita xxxx

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Nancy,
I have been checking on the forum every day, but just get fed up with all the disagreements and threads that's just seem to be about proving one another wrong or right. It's not what ' feeds me ' spiritually. I am okay, been feeling this way for a few years but proberbly worse since I came off HRT, however if that's all I get with regards to the menopause,then I am not going to complain as I can cope with it xx
Rita xxxx

Ahhh, HRT! I never took that and, when I went through the menopause, there seemed to be no difference in how I felt, lol. Praise God for that!!!
I agree Rita, I also am so tired of I'm right they are wrong posts and, this forum is rife with them. Some good folks no longer come here because of that :( And, no, I agree with you, it is NOT the spiritual food we are to partake of...if the fruits are not there, nastiness will ensue, as will criticizing and judging. I know there is a way to judge rightly but, the way it is done on here is far from the way God want's us to:
Romans 14:10
"Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God;"

1 Corinthians 4:5
"Therefore do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the Lord comes, who will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart. Then each one will receive his commendation from God."
God Bless you Rita!
xo

Reactions: Helen and Butterfly

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God cares, even about the little things. I came to Australia 2 1/2 years ago, and continued using my NZ driving license for the allowable 6 months then had it renewed. I had to send to NZ for a specific document so that the people at this end could verify the classes of license I was to be credited with. I had two classes...car and motor-bike. Previously I had also held heavy traffic combination from when I was driving articulated buses, but they had long gone over their expiry date. There was a 5 year expiry limit at which time you had to resit the entire test, get medicals etc etc, which would have cost much $$$$$. which I didn't have. I didn't think I would ever need them again so just let them lapse. Now, in Australia, I was offered a job driving buses. Oh dear. Darn it. Made all the appropriate enquiries just to confirm, and yep, everything was expired. Cost of going through latest driving school and getting medicals etc...$2000. Darn it again.
But, I wanted to do it. So took the first step. Applying for a shorter period whereby I didn't have to wait 2 years (driving in Australian conditions)before I could do the test. Was told that this was quite possible due to my previous experience. So, paid $50 and sent in the application. Along witth that application for a shorter waiting period, was the details on the class of licence I was seeking...simply a lower grade medium heavy licence which enabled me to drive the smaller buses that would be my job. All of thise was after several visits to various departments and emailing overseas, receiving documents, submitting same, getting identification from several sources etc etc. Quite the go around, but that's the way it is.
Didn't hear back for a while, and was beginning to wonder if I had been declined. Then a phone call. Victorian Roads Authority. Heart flutters majorly. Yes, your application for a shorter period is granted. Praise God! So then in the shortest time you could imagine, thoughts of how I was going to raise 2000$ and how quickly could I do it so I could start the new job...then the lady spoke again..."I see you held previously a heavy traffic licence in NZ and you have applied for a medium licence for here. We are willing to reinstate that medium heavy...but also all the other classifications up to heavy combination as well. At no extra cost. Your licence will be in the mail tomorrow."

Wow...awesome...THAT is what I call ...' seeing God's fingerprint on our life'... Praise God B !! Great testimony. :)

Reactions: brakelite

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Helen,
Rita

Amen Rita... lovely reminder. ♥︎
Like you say...in our lonely moments ...He is the One remaining- as close as our own breath. :)

Reactions: Butterfly

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It was when I was a carer, but as a housekeeper it's different. That is not what is making me tired on the inside, that's what makes me physically tired xx
Rita xx
Yes, I can understand that tiredness can be variously physically or stress/inwardly related.

Psalm 46

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am soooooo ready for retirement, but have to wait five years as they put the age up ! Lol
Rita

So what is the age now, if it's not 65?
That would be tough. :(

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know that you have touted some Universalism in the past...

So I would ask you, what would have happened to your soul if you had died for some-odd reason before you got saved?

I don't don't like your word touted . Mentioned yes, touted no.
PLUS...I do not fit in any box, I do not claim any denomination...neither if I look up Universalism ...do I agree with what it says about their beliefs..

I do believe Acts 3:21
" Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began."

But this not not what this thread is all about...so I will not discuss it here.
( See you in the PM. )

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am soooooo ready for retirement, but have to wait five years as they put the age up ! Lol
Rita

It is 67 here but been allot of talk about raising it to 70. Working us to death, literally. SMH. God will get you through the 5 years ♥

B

Butterfly

It is 67 here but been allot of talk about raising it to 70. Working us to death, literally. SMH. God will get you through the 5 years ♥
It use to be 60 for women and 65 for men - then without any warning they put it up to 67 !

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It use to be 60 for women and 65 for men - then without any warning they put it up to 67 !

That's "the world" for ya! Good thing we have someone living within us to get us through it all...life just comes at us! Amen!