God Stories

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

imin

Aug 13, 2011
I wanted to start a thread of real life stories where God is involved and it is to His Glory.

I will start with my own little story:

Lawnmower Story

As a brand new “baby Christian” adult, I was mowing my lawn on a very hot summer day. All I could think about was getting into the air conditioned house and a cool shower.
My neighbor always kept his lawn perfectly, and I noticed that it was slightly overgrown. As I was down to the last row to mow, a Small Voice said

“Now do his lawn.”

I was taken aback by these words; I was NOT feeling Noble at the moment. I began to reason with myself (which means trying to talk myself out of it!)

“Maybe my neighbor will get Mad at me if I mow his lawn, because he seems to LIKE mowing his own yard…”

Regardless of my “self-reasoning,” I KNEW that these words did not come from me. So I went ahead and mowed the neighbor’s yard.

Three days passed, and I came home from work. My neighbor approached me as I exited my car.
Neighbor: “Thank you for mowing my lawn. I guess you heard…”
I had not “heard” any news, so he continued:
“My wife was very sick for a long time, and she died a week ago. The next day my dog Toby was hit by a car and killed. I went from a full house to an empty house in 2 days. I could not bring myself to mow my yard.”

It took a while before I told why I mowed his lawn…
This occurred many years ago, and the neighbor had remarried and after many years passed away himself recently.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Awesome story leastofall!

All Praise and Glory to God!
smiley-happy088.gif

Amen!

Reactions: Angelina

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Cool story! For me, it's not always easy to obey. I know that that means a part of me needs to die.

Thanks for sharing, leastofall, and happy to have you here :)

God bless you and make you to walk in his paths!

imin

Aug 13, 2011
Thank you Anglena and Prentice!

Here's another story, which is the Event that caused me to seek Jesus' salvation:

The Freeway Story

I when grew up, we had a big illustrated Bible, bound in white with gold lettering. But we Never went to church. I asked about it, and was told, “you can decide when you grow up…” (????)

I read the Bible occasionally, but the King James Version was hard for me to understand. One of the scriptures that caught my eye was “be Perfect as I am Perfect.” So at age 12, I KNEW I could never live up to the ideal of that sentence. I then decided that I was a “christian," but that Jesus would Have To forgive me, and of course He would understand that I would fail in my doing of Works to Become Perfect (I don’t ever remember even DOING any Works in my warped idea of EARNING MY SALVATION!)(and obviously didn’t see the scripture about our own works being filthy rags!)

My older brother had a book collection of “exotic” books about UFOs and metaphysical new age type subjects. One of the books was about Auras. One aura concept was
“The aura of a person extends about a foot around the body, but if that person feels LOVE, the aura can go as much as a mile high!”

Around 1991, I was driving on the freeway, to home from work. I was so BORED. I began thinking about that Aura book and a thought occurred to me:

“If a man’s aura while feeling love can go a mile high, What Would God’s Love Be Like?”

At that moment, it can only be described as warm, electrified syrup being poured over me. I began to lose control and sink into the floorboard of the car. WHILE IN THE FASTLANE IN RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC!! There was a level grassy area in the center of the freeway, and I quickly hit the turn signal to pull into the center. Just as I began to pull over, the sensation lifted, and I heard this sentence.

“That was just a trickle. You couldn’t handle it all.

This was the first time I had ever HEARD anything from God. If anyone reading this has ever had the experience, you will treasure it forever! It is such a rare thing. I never thought that I deserved any attention from God at all.

I got home and pondered this event. If it was imagination, why was I pulling the car over?

The next day at work, I told my boss, “I Had a Religious Experience in My Car!” I was expecting enthusiasm and questions, but all I received was a very HOSTILE look. This ALSO amazed me. I never said the word Jesus or anything!

To this day, I am constantly amazed at Atheists. They claim there is no God, yet they have hatred and hostility to the very God they claim does not exist!

Doppleganger

Mar 21, 2010
I always thought this testimonial rather impressive, it just leaves no room for doubt!

I dont believe in faeries, but is there a way i can make myself believe in them?
http://answers.yahoo...22035940AAN9qj5
The impossible is always possible with God.

Sid Roth (It’s Supernatural) welcomes Bruce Van Natta
http://www.itssupern...ruce-van-natta/

Bruce, you almost were guillotined in half when a truck smashed over you ... They had to cut your small intestine. Eventually it got down to under 100 centimeters, which, medically speaking, means he would starve to death. He was a dead man. But a man heard God’s voice, and flew to Bruce, and prayed for him. Then what happened?

Jake

Aug 21, 2011
Western US
Leastofall,
Thank you for sharing your experiences! They were a blessing to read.

The spirit of the antichrist is extremely hostile to the Spirit of Christ.

Lord bless you!

Michael D

May 8, 2011
To this day, I am constantly amazed at Atheists. They claim there is no God, yet they have hatred and hostility to the very God they claim does not exist!

I have an athiest friend who is like that. We have been friends for about 41 years, before I became a Christian, (and I'm still a newbie!), but I had always wondered at the ferocity of an athiest's negative feelings toward a God they don't believe in. He's always saying he doesn't want Christian beliefs crammed down his throat but thinks nothing of doing the same to me and others who disagree with his viewpoint. I suppose that's because he's sure his view is the right one and mine, and other Christians, have the wrong viewpoint, so it's ok. :wacko:

Mike

imin

Aug 13, 2011
Lee Strobel was an athiest journalist, whose friend challenged him to read the Bible HONESTLY and research it to determine once and for all if it was true. Lee then became a Christian and wrote the book The Case for Christ.

Sometimes I wonder if the Loudest athiests are the ones who have secret doubts and fear that they are wrong, and think if they repeat themselves enough,their doubts will disappear and their Theory will come true!!

imin

Aug 13, 2011
Baby Steps
When I first gave my heart to Christ, I found a New King James Bible and read it carefully, and after a year, joined a local church.

My mother told me that, as an infant, I was baptized into a certain denomination of Christianity. Since I had no church background, it made sense that I should seek out this denomination. I spoke to the church leader and explained my situation, and he greeted me with open arms. I even joined the Choir and attended for a year and a half.

A new church leader was appointed, and we became acquainted. When he learned that I had not completed the usual steps in this religion, he forbade me from taking communion. I refused to take the “training” because it included teachings not found in the Bible. I stayed at this church for 6 months.

Not being able to take communion, I sat in the empty choir section in front of the whole church. This church knew that those who harbor some unrepentant sin or situation refrain from communion, so imagine what they thought of me rejecting communion for six months! The phrase “suffering for Christ” came to mind many a time. Every time I thought I could not stand it another day, I remember how Jesus grew up with the gossip of his day!

I finally resigned and left that church. I was determined to find a good church, and not to commit to membership until I was SURE. There were quite a few eye-opening experiences there! I was not confined to any certain denomination, so I started going to different neighborhood churches. One church, I did not even get to the pew before I had to leave!

The point of all this is to show how God will lead his sheep, regardless of the plans they make:

Within these church “trials” I also needed to change jobs. I am not good with change, but in this job matter I felt confident that the Lord would help me find a Good Job.
I applied at a business that had several branches, and one of them was very close to my house! I called Human Resources, got information, and submitted resumes for every job title that I was qualified for, regardless of whether they were hiring at the moment.

I quickly got an interview, but the job was 8 miles away. I really didn’t want THAT job, but I thought I would make an appearance and make a great impression (in my mind, so that they would hire me at the branch near my home.) Because I didn’t want the job, I was very relaxed and confident, and ended up getting the job. Many years have gone by now and I never did get the job near my house!

One of my co-workers found out that I was a Christian and told me about a lunch-time Bible Study nearby. I attended and was amazed at the thorough knowledge this teaching Pastor displayed.

I was still “church shopping” at this time, and decided that, although this church was 8 miles away, I would give it a try. I told myself I would go there ONE time and then keep searching. The service was pleasant and the sermon was outstanding. This Pastor is the most genuine man I have ever met.
At the end, Pastor said,

“Is there anyone who would like to join this church?”

I planned to just sit there, and leave at the end. The Lord spoke:

“Go.”

This made me very uncomfortable. I was, yet again, unsure after hearing this. I stayed seated until I heard…

“GO!”

I lept from the pew and went to the front! I was flustered as the Pastor said,

“It’s About Time!!!”

This has been my church for many years. God told me to go.

From the beginning of time to the end, the plans of the Lord will stand. I would never have found this perfect job or perfect church on my own The circumstances were set in order by our Lord.

Does anyone else have a story?

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
I would like to share about a Spirit-filled lady that I have had the pleasure of getting to know and love. She was born on August,5th 1924, in the outback of Australia.She was destine to become an artist from an early age around 5 or 6, she was already drawing people, and animals. She had a Catholic mother and a Protestant father, so her life to Christ was always in conflict with both religions being different. She left home in 1942 at the age of 18, moving to Sydney with her aunt to work, to help support her family. Not long after starting to work at the local hospital as a cleaner in the wards, she met an artist one evening at the local pub for artist of all sorts and poets. He was painting the patrons and giving lessons to any and all. She soon fell in love with him, and soon after found out she was carrying his child. When she told him she was expecting, and they needed to marry in a hurry, he left town, never to be heard from again. She entered the local home for unwed mothers, and as soon as her son was born, the nuns removed him and placed him up for adoption. She was barely 19 at that time, but still pursuing the life of an artist, one that had went through some troubled times.

A few years later around 1948, she fell in love again and found herself with the same problem..expecting a baby with no husband, wondering and worrying what to do now. She was walking home one night, when a car slowed down and ask her if she needed a lift home. She stated "No Thank you"...the driver followed her home to make sure she got home safe, and he did this for about a week each night. He worked at the hospital and had saw her, and was just making sure she got home okay, without problems. He finally got up the nerve to introduce himself and in the next breathe ask her to marry him. She told him all about her problems, and he told her all about his, for he was dying and wanted a family before he left this earth. So feeling sorry for herself and him, she married him and found herself in church with him on Sunday mornings. In April 1949, she was once again walking home from work, she was nervous and wanted to get home to her son and husband. It seems all the street lights were out, she told me that right then she said, " God if you are there, please help me and keep me safe"..she said a peace like nothing she had ever experienced fell on her and she knew she was going to be okay, and safe. That very night back in 1949, she gave her life to Christ, right there in the middle of Sydney on a dark lonely walk home. The very next weekend, she was out on the streets of Sydney, drawing portraits of people and telling them about Jesus. She continued to to talk about Jesus in her job, on the streets, where ever she could tell people. She lost her lovely husband when her son was 6 years old in 1954, and she was the ripe old age of 30, but she still got out and spread the Word of God.

To make a long story short, she remarried a few years later, had two more sons the last one born when she was 42, and buried her second husband. She was still telling all that would listen about Jesus, even after one of her sons committed suicide at the age of 13. She finally met the man of her dreams, and Italian gentleman, that used every cent to his name, supporting children overseas, smuggling Bibles into China, which was right up her alley. They married when she was in her 50's and now they both were out there telling the world all about Jesus, she was still painting and selling, buying Bibles for China. Well she lost him also to cancer in 2004, leaving her yet again, alone to tell everyone that would listen about Jesus at the age of 80. She was still active in church, on the streets, she went to several different community events, just so she could spread the Word of God. I met her back in 2004, right after she lost her one true love. She is an artist, writer, and a lover of Jesus, a mother, a spiritual mother and a friend. She passed away on August 9th,2011, just 5 days after her 87th birthday. The most amazing thing was, I call the ambulance to come after her that morning, she was sick, and she started telling the ambulance driver about Jesus, in the emergency room all the nurses and doctors heard about Jesus. She was still telling people about Jesus, right up to her last breathe. I wanted to share her story, hoping to encourage each of us, to be bold... to go out and tell everyone we meet about Jesus. At 86, she was on the beaches every Saturday night, telling all who would stop to hear her..She was telling her story ... how He saved her and He would save them, if they only ask, how He had healed her of cancer, how He had healed her broken heart so many times, how He had pulled her out of the miry clay..He was her Lord and Savior, and He had forgiven her of so many things..and He will forgive us and them..she was so on fire for Jesus....

I hope her story blesses you as much as she blessed me...

imin

Aug 13, 2011
Thank you for the encouraging words, Angelina, Prentis, Dj Doppleganger, Jake, and Michael D.

Shep, that lady sounds like a wonderful person in whom you had the honor of meeting in this life. we all will be honored to meet her in Heaven!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Wow! I haven't read this thread for sometime and it still brings a lot of blessings. "All Praise and Glory to God". I miss you sister! :unsure: