God told me to not watch twilight anymore

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I’m only saved and I give it up I have a strong feeling god doesn’t want me to watch it so I must obey god bless
Are you newly saved? @Princessofjesus We all have to learn to live righteously and that takes time. But best not to watch or even read anything dark or disturbing. As Scripture speaks quite plainly about such things.
Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Jan 20, 2024
Northern Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Are you newly saved? @Princessofjesus We all have to learn to live righteously and that takes time. But best not to watch or even read anything dark or disturbing. As Scripture speaks quite plainly about such things.
Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
On and off thinking I was saved when I wasn’t but now I am giving Jesus

Reactions: dev553344

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are in Christ now. Vampires have no place in the temple of God.

That temple is you. That Holy Spirit filled believer.

Blade-Twilight.jpg

YOU KNOW THIS IS HOW
IT SHOULD HAVE ENDED

Jan 20, 2024
Northern Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You are in Christ now. Vampires have no place in the temple of God.

That temple is you. That Holy Spirit filled believer.

Blade-Twilight.jpg

YOU KNOW THIS IS HOW
IT SHOULD HAVE ENDED
Thank you and I used to watch about witches like Harry Potter etc but I used to be a witch I found it very hard coming away form it it’s been a battle but I surrender finally and am going to church in a hour to worship

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it's important to spell out the doctrine here. It is not what goes into the temple that defiles it but what comes out. Therefore what movies amount to is what kind of behavioral changes are occurring because of your participation in the movies. Since the doctrine says you will be judged on what you do, not what you witnessed. We can witness war atrocities, and some wars are necessary. So for combat veterans it is something they must endure and refrain from acting in war ways in peace time. And we all know Jesus was crucified in a wicked act of the authority of the time. It was good on Jesus part and wicked on the Pharisees part. And many witnessed the Son of God being killed. Which is terrible as witnessed and he made it serve a good purpose.

Therefore the movies I try to steer away from portray real witchcraft, devil worship, ghost stories that glorify or empower demons, blasphemy, brutality, sexuality. And anything that is not in concert with the spirit of a child of God.

Reactions: Pearl and Debp
Jan 20, 2024
Northern Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's important to spell out the doctrine here. It is not what goes into the temple that defiles it but what comes out. Therefore what movies amount to is what kind of behavioral changes are occurring because of your participation in the movies. Since the doctrine says you will be judged on what you do, not what you witnessed. We can witness war atrocities, and some wars are necessary. So for combat veterans it is something they must endure and refrain from acting in war ways in peace time. And we all know Jesus was crucified in a wicked act of the authority of the time. It was good on Jesus part and wicked on the Pharisees part. And many witnessed the Son of God being killed. Which is terrible as witnessed and he made it serve a good purpose.

Therefore the movies I try to steer away from portray real witchcraft, devil worship, ghost stories that glorify or empower demons, blasphemy, brutality, sexuality. And anything that is not in concert with the spirit of a child of God.
I just don’t want to open any portals

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just don’t want to open any portals
Sure. I'm not familiar with witchcraft or anything. I think the point for me is that if the entertainment causes me temptation then I should refrain. I don't think there is anything wrong with wholesome entertainment. But what has become entertainment in my country has become somewhat disturbing these days.

Welcome to the forum. God loves us and wants us to be filled with the Holy Spirit. And that means avoiding sin and unnecessary temptations.

Reactions: Cassandra and Debp

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Other ways to invite the Holy Spirit into our lives are:

Prayer
Reading Scripture
Church attendance
Proclaiming the gospel message
Serving our brothers and sisters
etc. (there are more ways, including personal callings from the Lord)

Reactions: Pearl

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks I never understood proper
So you're now on the greatest adventure you can imagine, as there are ages to come still to experience with God.

Ephesians 2
And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the [a]course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Jan 20, 2024
Northern Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So you're now on the greatest adventure you can imagine, as there are ages to come still to experience with God.

Ephesians 2
And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the [a]course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
That’s exciting

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks I never understood proper
None of us do early on in our Christian lives. We are like new babies and have to learn everything from scratch. We learn, we grow, we learn more and grow more and eventually we reach maturity but even then we don't know everything. Give yourself time and space, get to a good church and/or make a good Christian friend to be a mentor.

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Stuff from media, television shows or movies, often times base things from real life and make stuff in their media seem more glamorous than what the real life stuff does. I have to recognize when I am getting carried away by idolatry or worldly passions.

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Watch whatever you like aslong as your not hurting anyone else. It's as simple as that. If you find something is affecting you negatively then you will learn from that experience.

Don't get to caught up in what a "Christian" should do. Alot of the time they are wrong. Learn to use your own conscience (which is really what the Holy Spirit is) through your own free will decisions. If you simply follow orders and the directions of other people, **you will learn nothing**.

Trust yourself even when you make the wrong choices. Atleased then they are yours and you can learn from them.

Anything you watch or explore is fine aslong as it does not contribute to the harm of anyone else and you keep a conscience.

For as long as we can remember, religion has used the power of guilt to control the people. So if you find that your feeling guilty all the time, I suggest you start looking at the Bible in a different way.

Twilight is the least of your worries. Just enjoy watching it. It's the irrational guilt that is your problem.

Last edited: