Insomniacs safe house

  • Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

    You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RLT63

Well-Known Member
Apr 24, 2022
4,388
2,735
113
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Male
Does anyone else have trouble sleeping? What do you do about it?
I used to take Ambien but I would find that I had gotten up in the night and posted on Facebook and ate but I couldn’t remember it. One night I woke up in my truck and I had ran into a power pole and I had no idea how I got there.
Then for a while I took Klonopin for sleep but it made me a zombie, so I was weaned off of it and now I take Seroquil one night and Doxepin the next. Alternating them helps to keep them working well. But the Doxepin doesn’t work as well so I take a supplement called Somatomax with it. Only now I can’t get anymore, it’s banned in Alabama.
So this week I went without sleep Tuesday, slept good Wednesday night and most of the day Thursday, slept Thursday and Friday night, then didn’t sleep at all last night
 

Pearl

Encounter Team
Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
12,181
18,265
113
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Gender
Female
I have occasional nights when I just can't switch off, but after lying there for more thanan hour I get up. make a hot drink - decaffeinated - read for a while and then go back to bed.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RLT63

RLT63

Well-Known Member
Apr 24, 2022
4,388
2,735
113
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Male
I have occasional nights when I just can't switch off, but after lying there for more thanan hour I get up. make a hot drink - decaffeinated - read for a while and then go back to bed.
Yes, sometimes I can do that but not lately
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Encounter Team
Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
12,181
18,265
113
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Gender
Female
Yes, sometimes I can do that but not lately
I have found that relaxing my eyes is a good way to get to sleep. When I can't switch off I have noticed that my eyes aren't relaxed. If I relax them sleep often follows. If your eyes are relaxed you can't keep thinking.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RLT63

RLT63

Well-Known Member
Apr 24, 2022
4,388
2,735
113
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Male
I have found that relaxing my eyes is a good way to get to sleep. When I can't switch off I have noticed that my eyes aren't relaxed. If I relax them sleep often follows. If your eyes are relaxed you can't keep thinking.
Yes, I let my eyes relax and every breath out I say "Sleep " to try to get everything off my mind. It works sometimes
 

RLT63

Well-Known Member
Apr 24, 2022
4,388
2,735
113
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Male
Well I slept some today, hopefully I'll sleep tonight and have a productive day tomorrow
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pearl