God told me to not watch twilight anymore

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
I’m only saved and I give it up I have a strong feeling god doesn’t want me to watch it so I must obey god bless
You're right, probably because of this saying of His.

"The light of the body is the eye: If therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!"

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stuff from media, television shows or movies, often times base things from real life and make stuff in their media seem more glamorous than what the real life stuff does. I have to recognize when I am getting carried away by idolatry or worldly passions.
You shouldn't be getting carried away. If that happens then you already believed too much.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Almost all TV and movies are garbage trash now. Women try to be beautiful and show their bodies. Men are pulling their shirts off. Even fun shows have the sexual tension between characters written in the scripts. Absolutely nothing is good. The Hallmark channel went down the woke path too.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m only saved and I give it up I have a strong feeling god doesn’t want me to watch it so I must obey god bless
Good. Follow God's leading. Don't let people try to convince you against what you feel is right. It's often to justify their own belief so they can't "be wrong."

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God is anyone else
Yes, if you see God as something external from yourself. However I do not, nor do I encourage people to think so. I encouraged her to use her own conscience, which is exactly what you said.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, if you see God as something external from yourself. However I do not, nor do I encourage people to think so. I encouraged her to use her own conscience, which is exactly what you said.
You actually discouraged her from using her conscience. She outlined what she wanted to do herself FOR THE LORD and you discouraged her from doing so with your own reasoning of why you should be allowed to FOR YOURSELF.

That means you attempted to make her feelings invalidated to justify YOUR OWN reasoning.

That is the opposite of support. I would encourage you to not get in God's way of dealing with this woman.

Yes, I do see myself as not being God or wiser than God. I am not God. I serve God BECAUSE I am not God.