God vs government

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
SilenceInMotion said:
That's something you have to be careful about portraying though, because every prominent religion has extremists in it and Christianity is no exception. The Templars slaughtered entire villages of defenseless people because of their Shariah Law, and they ended up being exiled by both the Church and King Richard because, through their actions, they had caused the Crusades to become more bitter and bloody then they already were. In this modern age, there have been Christian extremists who have bombed abortion clinics, and have spread messages of hate.

When the time comes for action, those actions must be just. War must be just, protest must be just- the goal must be to save more lives in the long run and ensure peace. Violence in vain only reaps more violence.
Yes, there are Christian extremists who bombed abortion clinics and even killed abortion doctors. This is not civil disobedience. Christians are allowed to practice civil disobedience, which is peaceful. Bombing abortion clinics have nothing to do with civil disobedience. It is not even considered a protest, but a terrorist act. Peaceful marches, boycotts, and disobedience to the law (such as what Rosa Parks did) was what I had in mind. :)

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
SilenceInMotion said:
That's something you have to be careful about portraying though, because every prominent religion has extremists in it and Christianity is no exception. The Templars slaughtered entire villages of defenseless people because of their Shariah Law, and they ended up being exiled by both the Church and King Richard because, through their actions, they had caused the Crusades to become more bitter and bloody then they already were. In this modern age, there have been Christian extremists who have bombed abortion clinics, and have spread messages of hate.

When the time comes for action, those actions must be just. War must be just, protest must be just- the goal must be to save more lives in the long run and ensure peace. Violence in vain only reaps more violence.

"The Templars slaughtered entire villages of defenseless people because of their Shariah Law...."

What is this all about? Sharia law is Muslim. Templar knights were Christian. Christians do not live by sharia law unless they are dhimmis.(*)

ok, so who is to decide whether a war is just or unjust? The government, not God. Who gets to fight in the war? Christians, if such believe that all government sanctioned war is good. And if you are an American Christian, then all wars are really fine and dandy because we are supposed to obey our authorities (even if they are illegally placed). We are supposed to kill innocents and destroy nations for the profit of our leaders. Yes indeed if you believe that you should obey all authority.

The most highly decorated Marine Corps General in US history, Smedley D. Butler understood all too well the real nature of the US Marine Corps and US foreign policy in general when he concluded after his retirement in 1931 that;
"I spent 33 years and four months in active military service, and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism."

The de facto role of the US armed forces will be to keep the world safe for our economy and open to our cultural assault. To those ends, we will do a fair amount of killings.
- Major Ralph Peters

"evangelical accommodation to the world of our age represents the removal of the last barrier against the breakdown of our culture. And with the final removal of this barrier will come social chaos and the rise of authoritarianism in some form to restore social order. Whether we see this as the judgment of God (which surely it is) or the inevitable results of social chaos makes little difference."
- Francis Schaeffer

Never forget that the reign of Adolph Hitler could not gain real traction until the Christian churches in Germany set their approval upon him and his jackals. Everything the Nazis did was legal and authoritative.

If it is accepted that all action in opposition to governmental wickedness is a violation of divine intent, then all the actions of the Allies to oppose Hitler was a sin of opposition to the will of God. Is a struggle against evil now evil itself? Is it now proper to sit back and lazily say that God will fix it, I don't need to get my hands dirty? It is certainly not. In fact I dare to say that non-resistance to sin is sin itself.

What did the master say to the servant who buried his talent in the dirt and did not invest it? Is not resistance to government debauchery a good investment of good men? If it isn't, then it is high time for me to burn my church membership card for it is not worth the paper it's printed on.

but that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

(*) A dhimmi is a non-muslim who lives in an Islamic state. Dhimmitude is the second class quality of life there, including the payment of a head tax, regular beatings if society deems it, ravishing of one's wife if it catches the fancy of any Muslim, destruction of houses of Christian worship, etc.

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
I don't know if this verse has been mentioned my dad always brought this up when someone complained about taxes

13 Later they sent some of the Pharisees and Herodians to Jesus to catch him in his words. 14 They
came to him and said, “Teacher, we know that you are a man of
integrity. You aren’t swayed by others, because you pay no attention to
who they are; but you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth.
Is it right to pay the imperial tax[a] to Caesar or not? 15 Should we pay or shouldn’t we?”
But Jesus knew their hypocrisy. “Why are you trying to trap me?” he asked. “Bring me a denarius and let me look at it.” 16 They brought the coin, and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”
“Caesar’s,” they replied.
17 Then Jesus said to them, “Give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s and to God what is God’s.”
And they were amazed at him.

I let an arguement about a speeding ticket with a cop turn into quite a hostile situation, if I had know what this meant back then probably would have saved a lot of headaches to say the least.

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
"The Templars slaughtered entire villages of defenseless people because of their Shariah Law...."

What is this all about? Sharia law is Muslim. Templar knights were Christian. Christians do not live by sharia law unless they are dhimmis.(*)

ok, so who is to decide whether a war is just or unjust? The government, not God. Who gets to fight in the war? Christians, if such believe that all government sanctioned war is good. And if you are an American Christian, then all wars are really fine and dandy because we are supposed to obey our authorities (even if they are illegally placed). We are supposed to kill innocents and destroy nations for the profit of our leaders. Yes indeed if you believe that you should obey all authority.

The most highly decorated Marine Corps General in US history, Smedley D. Butler understood all too well the real nature of the US Marine Corps and US foreign policy in general when he concluded after his retirement in 1931 that;
"I spent 33 years and four months in active military service, and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism."

The de facto role of the US armed forces will be to keep the world safe for our economy and open to our cultural assault. To those ends, we will do a fair amount of killings.
- Major Ralph Peters

"evangelical accommodation to the world of our age represents the removal of the last barrier against the breakdown of our culture. And with the final removal of this barrier will come social chaos and the rise of authoritarianism in some form to restore social order. Whether we see this as the judgment of God (which surely it is) or the inevitable results of social chaos makes little difference."
- Francis Schaeffer

Never forget that the reign of Adolph Hitler could not gain real traction until the Christian churches in Germany set their approval upon him and his jackals. Everything the Nazis did was legal and authoritative.

If it is accepted that all action in opposition to governmental wickedness is a violation of divine intent, then all the actions of the Allies to oppose Hitler was a sin of opposition to the will of God. Is a struggle against evil now evil itself? Is it now proper to sit back and lazily say that God will fix it, I don't need to get my hands dirty? It is certainly not. In fact I dare to say that non-resistance to sin is sin itself.

What did the master say to the servant who buried his talent in the dirt and did not invest it? Is not resistance to government debauchery a good investment of good men? If it isn't, then it is high time for me to burn my church membership card for it is not worth the paper it's printed on.

but that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

(*) A dhimmi is a non-muslim who lives in an Islamic state. Dhimmitude is the second class quality of life there, including the payment of a head tax, regular beatings if society deems it, ravishing of one's wife if it catches the fancy of any Muslim, destruction of houses of Christian worship, etc.
So much truth here, thank you.

Jesus tells us to help the poor, the sick, widows and orphans, visit those in prison, and live holy lives that bless our God. Then Jesus teaches something so bazaar....to love your enemy, to pray for them, to clothe them and give them water.
And then of course, to share with the world that they must go through Jesus to get to the Father.

So anytime the government forbids us from doing the things God has told us to do, we longer submit to the evil authority, but the authority of the Rightenous One

Killing people for the sake of land, oil, and the one world order, is sin. The US government has become the harlot, and is about world dominance, not about protecting its people.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Rex said:
I don't believe that's a bible verse.

Can you point me to a verse where Jesus or the Apostles told us to petition men to change or make laws in the government, or did he instruct us to share the light with-in us -------->> thus changing the man

Back in the day the catholic church had a union with men and their laws that promised them light, but they called it the dark ages.

Rex said:
I don't believe that's a bible verse.

Can you point me to a verse where Jesus or the Apostles told us to petition men to change or make laws in the government, or did he instruct us to share the light with-in us -------->> thus changing the man

Back in the day the catholic church had a union with men and their laws that promised them light, but they called it the dark ages.
Then the LORD said to Cain, "Where is your brother Abel?" "I don't know," he replied. "Am I my brother's keeper?"
Genesis 4:9

Am I my brother's keeper? If I see injustice ought I petition - even nag and demonstrate - the government until the injustice is reversed?

If I love my neighbor, as the Bible commands me to do, I WILL declare and do the right.

If I see sin and debauchery in the society and in the government ought I make my objections known in no uncertain terms and do all I can to force the culture into compliance with God's Word or should I just hide in a corner and pray for my own sins only?

Then Jesus asked them, "Would anyone light a lamp and then put it under a basket or under a bed? Of course not! A lamp is placed on a stand, where its light will shine.
Mark 4:21

The dead self-centered cowardly church today hides its light and buries its salt. It is in danger of being totally destroyed - not by God or the enemies of the church but by our own indecision and apathy. The evidence of its demise is everywhere. One who seeks the truth has only to look.

Behold the days of the apostate church are upon us.

"If there is a decay of conscience, the pulpit is responsible for it. If the public press lacks moral discernment, the pulpit is responsible for it. If the church is degenerate and worldly, the pulpit is responsible for it. If the world loses its interest in Christianity, the pulpit is responsible for it. If Satan rules in our halls of legislation, the pulpit is responsible for it. If our politics become so corrupt that their very foundations of our government are ready to fall away, the pulpit is responsible for it."
- Charles Finney

The church today is a vile stain upon the history of western civilization. Future generations will review the record of our days and gasp in wonder, asking how we could deny such a great salvation and how we could turn our backs upon the most terrible injustices to ever have been wrought upon mankind and the Name of God.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...