God what do you say?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God what do you say?

The humility that looks to God for the answer to all things. The humbleness of heart that admits it doesn’t know, see or understand. This looking away from one’s own self. This humbleness of heart that admits it’s own inability and weakness. This patiently waiting before God. This heart that knows it’s help must come from God alone. This heart that sees nothing human can answer it’s call. This heart that says;

“God or nothing.”

For it sees that all things without God are nothing. They are profitless and futile. God must be the center of life or life itself is nothing.

This humbleness of heart that sees it’s own nothingness, it’s own emptiness, it’s own futility, it’s own failure at all things.

This heart is a heart that will rejoice. A heart that God will fill with Himself. A heart who’s joy will know know bounds. A heart that looks to God and says;

“God what do you say?”

Will be a heart that will soon find it is most blessed. It will be a heart at rest from it’s own works. A heart at peace with God, a heart at peace with itself. A heart who’s hope is in God alone.... A heart most blessed indeed....

A heart that would rest in the surety of;

God is God and God is good......

Oh, to have such a heart as this.

So what is it that God does say?

~Righteousness~

Be blessed all that would be willing to have such a heart, Not me

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No not all are willing to humble themselves to ask for forgiveness.
I think a lot of people are too ashamed to ask forgiveness of a God they perceive wrongly as harsh and judgemental instead of as a loving Father. I wonder who is to blame for that concept of God.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think a lot of people are too ashamed to ask forgiveness of a God they perceive wrongly as harsh and judgemental instead of as a loving Father. I wonder who is to blame for that concept of God.

Ashamed or too proud?

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ashamed or too proud?
Yes there is pride too, and is a different matter. But many people are ashamed to come to God, fearing they will be rebuked and/or rejected because of what perceive to be unforgivable sin. And they get this wrong idea of God from certain sections of the church.

I once knew a lady who believed that the worse sin was sex. Whoever taught her that? Many Christians are too judgemental and repel sinners instead of accepting them warts and all. It's not our place to condemn.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes there is pride too, and is a different matter. But many people are ashamed to come to God, fearing they will be rebuked and/or rejected because of what perceive to be unforgivable sin. And they get this wrong idea of God from certain sections of the church.

I once knew a lady who believed that the worse sin was sex. Whoever taught her that? Many Christians are too judgemental and repel sinners instead of accepting them warts and all. It's not our place to condemn.

Whether we are or have been judgemental is irrelevent. People hear what they want to hear, if someone is looking for an excuse not to believe because christians are so judgemental, they will find it.

No matter how loving and gracious we are to sinners ultimatly we have to tell them the hard brutal truth, that they are heading for a Christless eternity devoid of every blessing Jesus has made. That there spending eternity with a loved one will be an eternity full of no love, kindness, joy, peace, acceptance etc only there abscence.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God what do you say?

Quite honestly at this moment of time I believe God is quite silent.

I think as He looks at the world He has folded His hands and is waiting until "The Cup Is Full ".

Then it will be - " Ready or not, here I come!! "

Yes, God IS Good , and God Wins. ✟

Reactions: Butterfly

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"I wonder who is to blame for that concept of God."
Could it be...?
tenor.gif

Reactions: Pearl

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think as He looks at the world He has folded His hands and is waiting until "The Cup Is Full ".

Then it will be - " Ready or not, here I come!! "

Yes, God IS Good , and God Wins. ✟

Blessings By Grace, Yes God wins and because of His love for us we do also.

Many blessings as we get to know personally, this great and awesome Creator of ours.

In Christ, Not me

Reactions: Helen

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whether we are or have been judgemental is irrelevent. People hear what they want to hear, if someone is looking for an excuse not to believe because christians are so judgemental, they will find it.

No matter how loving and gracious we are to sinners ultimatly we have to tell them the hard brutal truth, that they are heading for a Christless eternity devoid of every blessing Jesus has made. That there spending eternity with a loved one will be an eternity full of no love, kindness, joy, peace, acceptance etc only there abscence.
These things are so, but I think we need to make sure we are truly loving those, not "I love you so I'm telling you the truth", but, I love you and you know I love you because I take care of you, and for you, and you can see by my life that I'm truly concerned with your wellbeing, so when I tell you what seem to be difficult truths, you can know from me that the God Who is calling you is Love, and He made you for love.

Reactions: Pearl and Helen

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi Helen, how do you mean silent? I can't imagine you mean that He doesn't speak through the Word or into our hearts, so you've made me curious.

Much love!

PS . . . still praying for you!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Helen, how do you mean silent? I can't imagine you mean that He doesn't speak through the Word or into our hearts, so you've made me curious.

Much love!

PS . . . still praying for you!

I mean in His "doing anything" at the moment...being involved , not individually but collectively.

Remember at Babylon the LORD. Gen 11 "it says the Lord "came down" to see the tower which they had built. "

"Come let Us go down and there confuse their language"

"He bowed the heavens also, and came down With thick darkness under His feet"

And many other verses...
I believe He has withdrawn Himself from the world at this time...to see how far mankind will go.
They have thrown Him out of Government, out of schools...and Id go as far as saying out of many slick churches who have made their churches a business and trade on the emotion of the flock to give, give give...
They have their slick music ...who needs God? o_O

He is waiting in the wings...as I see it in the Spirit.
But no, not from His people , He is with us always ... :)

Reactions: Pearl and Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I mean in His "doing anything" at the moment...being involved , not individually but collectively.

Remember at Babylon the LORD. Gen 11 "it says the Lord "came down" to see the tower which they had built. "

"Come let Us go down and there confuse their language"

"He bowed the heavens also, and came down With thick darkness under His feet"

And many other verses...
I believe He has withdrawn Himself from the world at this time...to see how far mankind will go.
They have thrown Him out of Government, out of schools...and Id go as far as saying out of many slick churches who have made their churches a business and trade on the emotion of the flock to give, give give...
They have their slick music ...who needs God? o_O

He is waiting in the wings...as I see it in the Spirit.
But no, not from His people , He is with us always ... :)

The $10,000 question: "... when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:8b

Reactions: Pearl

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
These things are so, but I think we need to make sure we are truly loving those, not "I love you so I'm telling you the truth", but, I love you and you know I love you because I take care of you, and for you, and you can see by my life that I'm truly concerned with your wellbeing, so when I tell you what seem to be difficult truths, you can know from me that the God Who is calling you is Love, and He made you for love.

Yes how does one show love? In a relationship it naturally overflows, in a conversation at a bus stop honesty and truth are more important than a deciteful but loving responce.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes how does one show love? In a relationship it naturally overflows, in a conversation at a bus stop honesty and truth are more important than a deciteful but loving responce.

I think one shows love by being open about their thoughts and feelings, and in acting on those things so that the love is seen in our actions, words, deeds, expressions, body language, tone, all that. And by what we do.

If we don't perceive love for others in ourselves, we can still know that the love of God for all people lives in us, God lives in us, and God is love, so love lives in us, and what we may not see in ourselves now, our God is pleased to reveal those things in our lives as He works in us, to will and to do what pleases Him.

Remember the rich young ruler. Jesus looked at him and loved him. And then gave a short statement about what the man should do.

Jesus addressed the man's central need. The man was seeking eternal life, and Jesus pointed to what held the man back. The crowds hadn't eaten, and Jesus gave them bread.

You know, it's a really good question you ask!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you read, "The Silence of God", Sir Robert Anderson?

He talks about God being "silent" to mankind in the current age. His take is that God will speak next in judgment against humanity at the end of the age, and so His silence is grace in patience.

My sister understands God to be distant and aloof, uninvolved with His creation pretty much entirely. His silence to her is disinterest. "Let it all stew together and we'll see what we've got at the end."

But I Knew you couldn't mean, silent towards His children!

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Remember the rich young ruler. Jesus looked at him and loved him. And then gave a short statement about what the man should do.

And disapointed him, telling him he was wrong.
Being loving does not mean not giving hard, toiugh answers. Often it means being brutally honest.