God Will Have Vengeance on His People

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God will have vengeance on His people.

1 Thessalonians 4:6 That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.

Not only for that, but for other iniquities as well, like not doing communion only for the remembrance of Him, but treating the bread & the wine as idols as if His Presence is in them and to treat communion as if His one time offering for sins is made present to be received again, thus treating the blood of the Covenant on par with the blood of goats & bulls that it needs repeating for the forgiveness of sin to be saved again.

Hebrews 10:3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

There is to be only remembrance of what Christ has done for us on the cross, that He has saved us proclaiming His death in that way when taking communion as it will be evident below by the Holy Ghost being in us as witnessed to that salvation for having believed in Jesus Christ.

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: 12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. 14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. 15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; 17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. 18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

For believers to take that to mean only for sins that is past for why they believe communion bears repeating to take that one time offering for sin again for the forgiveness of sins since last communion is denying their salvation by not only doing it in remembrance of Him.

This is the warning for doing communion after having that knowledge that there is no more offering for sins, not even to make His one time offering for sins to be made "present" to "receive again" as if on par with the blood of goats and bulls that bears repeating.

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

That IS the sin that believers commit willingly after knowing there is no more offering for sins after salvation, but that it needs to be received again, treating the blood of the covenant on par with the blood of goats and bulls.

27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

That is not going to happen in Heaven at the rapture event when the Marriage Supper is to be held in celebration.

This is also why Satan, as the accuser of our brethren, will be shut out and cast down to earth, knowing his time is short now for why he will wage war on the saints & new believers left behind paralleling the point of why the church is to excommunicate.

1 Corinthians 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: 8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: 10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.

11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. 12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? 13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

As the church is supposed to do in these latter days but hardly doing, God will do it for the Marriage Supper above against those not found abiding in Him nor those loving this life more than Him that they do not want to go when He comes for why we should also pray for His help to escape what is coming on the earth after the rapture event. Luke 17:26-37 & Luke 21:33-36

Like it or not, the rapture event is WHEN God will judge His House first because of the falling away from the faith for why there is a terror of the Lord on our conscience, even though those saints left behind to die, their spirits will be with the Lord.

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

That is why running that race is not for obtaining salvation but we labor so we may be accepted by Him when He comes as the Bridegroom since those saints left behind are saved, but disqualified and thus reprobate as to be denied attendance to the Marriage super above.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 Thessalonians 4:6 That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.

Not only for that, but for other iniquities as well, like not doing communion only for the remembrance of Him, but treating the bread & the wine as idols as if His Presence is in them and to treat communion as if His one time offering for sins is made present to be received again, thus treating the blood of the Covenant on par with the blood of goats & bulls that it needs repeating for the forgiveness of sin to be saved again.

Hebrews 10:3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

There is to be only remembrance of what Christ has done for us on the cross, that He has saved us proclaiming His death in that way when taking communion as it will be evident below by the Holy Ghost being in us as witnessed to that salvation for having believed in Jesus Christ.

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: 12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. 14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. 15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; 17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. 18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

For believers to take that to mean only for sins that is past for why they believe communion bears repeating to take that one time offering for sin again for the forgiveness of sins since last communion is denying their salvation by not only doing it in remembrance of Him.

This is the warning for doing communion after having that knowledge that there is no more offering for sins, not even to make His one time offering for sins to be made "present" to "receive again" as if on par with the blood of goats and bulls that bears repeating.

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

That IS the sin that believers commit willingly after knowing there is no more offering for sins after salvation, but that it needs to be received again, treating the blood of the covenant on par with the blood of goats and bulls.

27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

That is not going to happen in Heaven at the rapture event when the Marriage Supper is to be held in celebration.

This is also why Satan, as the accuser of our brethren, will be shut out and cast down to earth, knowing his time is short now for why he will wage war on the saints & new believers left behind paralleling the point of why the church is to excommunicate.

1 Corinthians 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: 8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: 10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.

11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. 12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? 13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

As the church is supposed to do in these latter days but hardly doing, God will do it for the Marriage Supper above against those not found abiding in Him nor those loving this life more than Him that they do not want to go when He comes for why we should also pray for His help to escape what is coming on the earth after the rapture event. Luke 17:26-37 & Luke 21:33-36

Like it or not, the rapture event is WHEN God will judge His House first because of the falling away from the faith for why there is a terror of the Lord on our conscience, even though those saints left behind to die, their spirits will be with the Lord.

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

That is why running that race is not for obtaining salvation but we labor so we may be accepted by Him when He comes as the Bridegroom since those saints left behind are saved, but disqualified and thus reprobate as to be denied attendance to the Marriage super above.

wow!! Joseph smith aint got nothing on you. And i thought those scientologists were crazy. :D:D

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wow!! Joseph smith aint got nothing on you. And i thought those scientologists were crazy. :D:D

Feel free to address the scripture if you believe I am not really rightly dividing the word of truth here.

Scripture clearly shows why God will have vengeance and on His people too for why we are to run that race to avoid this.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. 4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. 5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. 7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? 8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? 10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. 11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Why else would His servants left behind get stripes per the knowledge they ad for not being ready and lesser stripes per the lack of knowledge for not being ready, but stripes are coming on His servants left behind for not being ready. Luke 12:40-49

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a person is saved, then all sins are forgiven. God doesnt forgive sins, yet bring them up later to be used against you. Thats not what forgiveness is. Psalm 103:12.
As far as being ready, this is in regards to Jesus coming back. The Holy Spirit seals us, protects us from destruction. Revelation 7:3.
The so called “race” of life is discussing the evidence that someone is of the elect. If a person gets “saved” and starts doing everything right, and yet, in 5 yrs, has stopped doing that, or maybe lost some faith, that is the evidence that they were never actually saved. You think the Holy Spirit gets tired? You think He just takes time off? No! If your faith is any less in 5 yrs, 20 yrs, 50 yrs than what is was the day you got saved, that is a sign you were never saved to begin with. It goes against the purpose of sanctification. A truly saved person will get more righteous, not less. And the Holy Spirit is the one who sanctifies us.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a person is saved, then all sins are forgiven. God doesnt forgive sins, yet bring them up later to be used against you. Thats not what forgiveness is. Psalm 103:12.

Believers are saved for why there is no more offering for sins, but what a believer builds on that foundation which can never be removed hence salvation, does count because if they sow to the works of the flesh, they shall reap corruption, & defiling the temple of God will earn the wages of physical death.

Last edited:

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as being ready, this is in regards to Jesus coming back. The Holy Spirit seals us, protects us from destruction. Revelation 7:3.

The Holy Spirit is in us until that day of redemption but which day of redemption will it be? At the firstfruits of the resurrection or later on after the great tribulation? That is why we are warned not to grieve the Holy Spirit by defiling ourselves for we will certainly pay for it with death,

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Matthew 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: 20 These are the things which defile a man:

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Revelation 2:18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass; 19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. 21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden. 25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

Last edited:

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The so called “race” of life is discussing the evidence that someone is of the elect. If a person gets “saved” and starts doing everything right, and yet, in 5 yrs, has stopped doing that, or maybe lost some faith, that is the evidence that they were never actually saved. You think the Holy Spirit gets tired? You think He just takes time off? No! If your faith is any less in 5 yrs, 20 yrs, 50 yrs than what is was the day you got saved, that is a sign you were never saved to begin with. It goes against the purpose of sanctification. A truly saved person will get more righteous, not less. And the Holy Spirit is the one who sanctifies us.

Did Paul say that if he became a castaway, he was never a believer?

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

We run not to obtain salvation but the incorruptible crown and also to avoid becoming a castaway if found in iniquity when the Bridegroom comes.

As it is, Jesus still abides in former believers for why they are sealed unto that day of redemption with the Holy Ghost even when denied by him & left behind. See?

2 Timothy 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself....

2 Timothy 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

So if former believers and carnal believers do not look to Him for help to see the truth in order to ask him for forgiveness and for help to depart from iniquity, they will be denied by Him and left behind to die, when their spirits will be with the Lord to await for their resurrection after the great tribulation as a vessel unto dishonor in His House, the vessels of wood and earth.

Thank you for your participation. May God cause the increase for surely I cannot.

Last edited:

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believers are saved for why there is no more offering for sins, but what a believer builds on that foundation which can never be removed hence salvation, does count because if they sow to the works of the flesh, they shall reap corruption, & defiling the temple of God will earn the wages of physical death.

This concludes Part 1 of this new Star Wars Trilogy.

you write in mysteries, why im not sure. So are you saying that true believers will not care about their sinning??

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you write in mysteries, why im not sure. So are you saying that true believers will not care about their sinning??

I know that reading various threads, it is easy to lose track of the discussion, but do reread the OP again about what sin that believers are willfully committing when having "communion" for why God will have vengeance on them for doing for more than in remembrance of Him.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that reading various threads, it is easy to lose track of the discussion, but do reread the OP again about what sin that believers are willfully committing when having "communion" for why God will have vengeance on them for doing for more than in remembrance of Him.

i reread it, and english must not be your first language. None of your posts make any sense.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i reread it, and english must not be your first language. None of your posts make any sense.

Okay. Well, I have been sharing scriptures so if you do not hear His words, then you will not hear mine. I'll pray for you. That's all I can do.

Maybe if you ask Him for help to set aside that WCF's teachings, you might read the truth in His words plainly enough.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

A person who justifies a God of vengeance has the role model for treating others the same. A person who insists on a God of vengeance projects his/her own desire.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A person who justifies a God of vengeance has the role model for treating others the same. A person who insists on a God of vengeance projects his/her own desire.

That would be true if there wasn't a command for us to forgive our enemies and suffer being defrauded by them.

This is about the truth about how God will have vengeance, this vengeance is not to be had not by the believer. Example is how rich employers rip off their employees of their wages and they resist them not, and yet God consoles those who suffer it to wait patiently for the Lord, but that doesn't change the fact that God will have vengeance on them, even if they are believers, although still saved, will be left behind when the Bridegroom comes at the pre great tribulation rapture event.

James 5:1Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you. 2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten. 3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days. 4 Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth. 5 Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter. 6 Ye have condemned and killed the just; and he doth not resist you.

7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain. 8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh. 9 Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door. 10 Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.
11 Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

Ephesians 4:25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. 26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 27 Neither give place to the devil. 28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. 29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. 30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

We are not to seek restitution, but pray for our enemies that they will be led to repent before the Bridegroom comes or else God will avenge.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That would be true if there wasn't a command for us to forgive our enemies and suffer being defrauded by them.

This is about the truth about how God will have vengeance, this vengeance is not to be had not by the believer. Example is how rich employers rip off their employees of their wages and they resist them not, and yet God consoles those who suffer it to wait patiently for the Lord, but that doesn't change the fact that God will have vengeance on them, even if they are believers, although still saved, will be left behind when the Bridegroom comes at the pre great tribulation rapture event.

James 5:1Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you. 2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten. 3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days. 4 Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth. 5 Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter. 6 Ye have condemned and killed the just; and he doth not resist you.

7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain. 8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh. 9 Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door. 10 Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.
11 Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

Ephesians 4:25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. 26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 27 Neither give place to the devil. 28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. 29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. 30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

We are not to seek restitution, but pray for our enemies that they will be led to repent before the Bridegroom comes or else God will avenge.
yeah, confusion is the standard MO for those who trumpet a vengeful God while at the same time speak of him as saving.....that's got to be obvious.
Confusion erodes surety and puts the mouth into babbling mode. Confusion hides behind many words because it doesn't see clearly.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yeah, confusion is the standard MO for those who trumpet a vengeful God while at the same time speak of him as saving.....that's got to be obvious.
Confusion erodes surety and puts the mouth into babbling mode. Confusion hides behind many words because it doesn't see clearly.

No, really. Tell me what you are really mad about.

As if Jesus never whipped the money changers out of the Temple.

Did I not quote scripture of God having vengeance? I did not make it up. The warning is real.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, really. Tell me what you are really mad about.

As if Jesus never whipped the money changers out of the Temple.

Did I not quote scripture of God having vengeance? I did not make it up. The warning is real.
I'm mad about the blindness and ignorance that is perpetuated and justified.
Did Jesus whip the money changers???
Quoting scripture without context means little.

Understanding God's vengeance does not have one arriving at the conclusion that it's payback time in the way humans view it.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm mad about the blindness and ignorance that is perpetuated and justified.
Did Jesus whip the money changers???

Well, after looking at Matthew 21:12-13 & Mark 11:15-17 I can see why you would doubt what I had said, but it is found in John.

John 2:13 And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: 15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables; 16 And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.

I see that as Him whipping them out.

Quoting scripture without context means little.

Understanding God's vengeance does not have one arriving at the conclusion that it's payback time in the way humans view it.

I doubt I have shared anything that suggests we will see that vengeance ourselves but to leave it with God since if they are believers, the next time we see them in the Kingdom of Heaven, it will be because they will no longer be that way again, but perfected.

But the warning is given out to Christians that defraud others or take communion for more than in remembrance of Him as God will avenge unless they repent before the Bridegroom comes or before death comes knocking at their door..

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, after looking at Matthew 21:12-13 & Mark 11:15-17 I can see why you would doubt what I had said, but it is found in John.

John 2:13 And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: 15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables; 16 And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.

I see that as Him whipping them out.

I doubt I have shared anything that suggests we will see that vengeance ourselves but to leave it with God since if they are believers, the next time we see them in the Kingdom of Heaven, it will be because they will no longer be that way again, but perfected.

But the warning is given out to Christians that defraud others or take communion for more than in remembrance of Him as God will avenge unless they repent before the Bridegroom comes or before death comes knocking at their door..
The greatest danger of sin persisted in, is that one will lose the ability to believe one has been forgiven. Men generate and perpetrate vengeance on themselves.

Judas suicided not because he couldn't be or wasn't forgiven but because he believed he couldn't be. He made God in his own image, meaning, he couldn't fathom a forgiveness that was beyond anything he could imagine he rejected what was available resulting in death by his own hand. We could say, that was God's vengeance. (hear the Hebrew idiom)

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The greatest danger of sin persisted in, is that one will lose the ability to believe one has been forgiven. Men generate and perpetrate vengeance on themselves.

Judas suicided not because he couldn't be or wasn't forgiven but because he believed he couldn't be. He made God in his own image, meaning, he couldn't fathom a forgiveness that was beyond anything he could imagine he rejected what was available resulting in death by his own hand. We could say, that was God's vengeance. (hear the Hebrew idiom)

That has nothing to do with believers refusing to repent from doing evil. That is what God will avenge Himself on but there is no loss of salvation on the believer, but there is a loss of that first inheritance of being partakers of the firstfruits of the resurrection because nobody is going to continue sinning at the Marriage Supper table in Heaven above, so the time to look to Him for forgiveness and help not to sin again is now.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That has nothing to do with believers refusing to repent from doing evil. That is what God will avenge Himself on but there is no loss of salvation on the believer, but there is a loss of that first inheritance of being partakers of the firstfruits of the resurrection because nobody is going to continue sinning at the Marriage Supper table in Heaven above, so the time to look to Him for forgiveness and help not to sin again is now.

Romans 12:19
Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, Vengeance is Mine, I will repay, says the Lord.

Is God a wrathful God?
Is that not what the Bible teaches in Romans 12:19?

Will God punish the wicked?
Is that not what the Bible teaches?

If the Bible teaches that God will repay the wicked with vengeance then....
Believers will believe what it says.
Unbelievers will question and argue over what their idea of God should be like.