God Will Have Vengeance on His People

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Romans 12:19
Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, Vengeance is Mine, I will repay, says the Lord.

Is God a wrathful God?
Is that not what the Bible teaches in Romans 12:19?

Will God punish the wicked?
Is that not what the Bible teaches?

If the Bible teaches that God will repay the wicked with vengeance then....
Believers will believe what it says.
Unbelievers will question and argue over what their idea of God should be like.
Because vengeance is God prerogative does not mean he repays with 'vengeance'
The text tells us God takes it out of the hand of man and assures us God will deal with the matter, however it does not mean he will execute it how man in his desire for revenge imagines.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because vengeance is God prerogative does not mean he repays with 'vengeance'
The text tells us God takes it out of the hand of man and assures us God will deal with the matter, however it does not mean he will execute it how man in his desire for revenge imagines.

Hello,
If God putting to death the entire world in the flood because of mans wickedness is not wrath.
Then nothing is.
God will take vengeance on those who know not God. He has already proved His word in Romans 12:19 is what it says it is.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 12:19
Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, Vengeance is Mine, I will repay, says the Lord.

Is God a wrathful God?
Is that not what the Bible teaches in Romans 12:19?

Will God punish the wicked?
Is that not what the Bible teaches?

If the Bible teaches that God will repay the wicked with vengeance then....
Believers will believe what it says.
Unbelievers will question and argue over what their idea of God should be like.

The unbelievers are condemned already.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

The saved believer will be judged by what they built on that foundation and any works of the flesh be on it that defiles the temple of God, if they do not look to Him for help in departing from iniquity, then by that iniquity that denies Him, He will deny them, but he will finish His work in those left behind in burning off of that foundation all that offends so they will be partakers of His holiness, their physical bodies destroyed but their spirits is with the Lord still.

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

2 Timothy 2:11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

This unrepentant church will be judged by their works with death when cast, as in left behind, into the coming great tribulation.

Revelation 2:18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass; 19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first. 20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden. 25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

In spite of being denied by Him to attend the marriage Supper in Heaven, He still abides for why their spirits will be with the Lord in Heaven after they die when left behind.

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

So let that terror be on the conscience of saved believers that they best look to Jesus Christ for help in laying aside every weight &sin daily thus walking in the light in fellowship with the Father & the Son in abiding in Him & His words to be ready to go and willing to go when He comes as the Bridegroom or else be left behind as saved, but denied being partakers of the firstfruits of the resurrection for not being ready at the rapture event.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello,
If God putting to death the entire world in the flood because of mans wickedness is not wrath.
Then nothing is.
God will take vengeance on those who know not God. He has already proved His word in Romans 12:19 is what it says it is.
Tell me then, how is God's vengeance as you understand it and God's love congruent?

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me then, how is God's vengeance as you understand it and God's love congruent?

Romans 11:22
Therefore behold the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severty; but toward you, goodness, If you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Romans 11:22
Therefore behold the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severty; but toward you, goodness, If you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.
this does not explain it.