God will make for Adam a SUITABLE HELPER

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Berean Standard Bible, Genesis 2:

18 The LORD God also said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make for him a suitable helper.”
Adam had God and animals/pets with him, but he was alone. Eve is a suitable helper for Adam. In what ways?

The Bible does not talk much about that. Instead, right in the next chapter, Eve falls for the Serpant's lie and takes Adam with her.

a suitable
Strong's 5048: A front, part opposite, a counterpart, mate, over against, before

Strong's Hebrew: 5048. נֶ֫גֶד (neged) — 150 Occurrences

Hagar sits down opposite her son Ishmael in Genesis 21:

16 Then she went and sat down opposite him a good way off, about the distance of a bowshot, for she said, “Let me not look on the death of the child.” And as she sat opposite him, she lifted up her voice and wept.
She is not abandoning him, but emotionally she cannot be too close to him at that moment.

Nehemiah 12:

8 And the Levites: Jeshua, Binnui, Kadmiel, Sherebiah, Judah, and Mattaniah, who with his brothers was in charge of the songs of thanksgiving. 9 And Bakbukiah and Unni and their brothers stood opposite them in the service.
There were two groups in the service. They stand H5048-opposite each other, not in the antagonistic sense but in a complementary sense. They complement each other in performing the service.

It is in this sense that Eve is a H5048-suitable helper for Adam. She is the opposite of Adam, but she complements him.

I have a PhD in AI and have published in international journals. Born in Hong Kong, my mother tongue is Cantonese. When I was working in Japan, my blue-eyed Canadian wife used to proofread my research papers before I sent them for review. She did many things that I couldn't do or did not like to do. In many practical ways, she was helpful. We lived in Japan for a decade. I didn't learn to speak Japanese; she did. She was the opposite of me but complemented me.

Because your wife is the opposite of you, that's the source of disagreements and conflicts. If not taken care of, hostility will rise in the relationship.

Amplified Bible:

Now the LORD God said, “It is not good (beneficial) for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper [one who balances him—a counterpart who is] suitable and complementary for him.”
If my wife were exactly like me, God help our kids :)

• Haha
Reactions: Randy Kluth

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Berean Standard Bible, Genesis 2:

Adam had God and animals/pets with him, but he was alone. Eve is a suitable helper for Adam. In what ways?

The Bible does not talk much about that. Instead, right in the next chapter, Eve falls for the Serpant's lie and takes Adam with her.

a suitable
Strong's 5048: A front, part opposite, a counterpart, mate, over against, before

Strong's Hebrew: 5048. נֶ֫גֶד (neged) — 150 Occurrences

Hagar sits down opposite her son Ishmael in Genesis 21:

She is not abandoning him, but emotionally she cannot be too close to him at that moment.

Nehemiah 12:

There were two groups in the service. They stand H5048-opposite each other, not in the antagonistic sense but in a complementary sense. They complement each other in performing the service.

It is in this sense that Eve is a H5048-suitable helper for Adam. She is the opposite of Adam, but she complements him.

I have a PhD in AI and have published in international journals. Born in Hong Kong, my mother tongue is Cantonese. When I was working in Japan, my blue-eyed Canadian wife used to proofread my research papers before I sent them for review. She did many things that I couldn't do or did not like to do. In many practical ways, she was helpful. We lived in Japan for a decade. I didn't learn to speak Japanese; she did. She was the opposite of me but complemented me.

Because your wife is the opposite of you, that's the source of disagreements and conflicts. If not taken care of, hostility will rise in the relationship.

Amplified Bible:

If my wife were exactly like me, God help our kids :)
Was Adam meant to be a suitable helper for Eve?