Gods’ Holy Spirit is just that; a ’Spirit’! NOT a God!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eccl.12:13

Aug 28, 2010
I know there are many that believe in the ‘mystery’ of the trinity, and that in some mysterious way God manifest Himself as God the Father at times, then God the Son other times, and even God the Holy Ghost still at other times. To those that believe such doctrine I ask the following;

Please direct me to the book, chapter and verse that says the Holy spirit is a God.

I know that the Father is a God and the Son is a God because God's word says so. Here are just a few of the many scriptures that states this fact;

John.1

[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Phil.2

[6] Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Nowhere in God's inspired word does it EVER say the Holy Spirit is a God. Let’s search the scriptures to see what they really say about the ‘spirit’ of God.

Spirits; Holy and Evil

The following scriptures speaks of (7) "Holy Spirits".

Rev.4

[5] And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

Rev.5

[6] And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Now how do they fit into mans trinity theory? Should we take this to mean God the Father, God the Son and God the Seven Holy Spirits? After all…..the book does say, “…seven Spirits of God…” Now what kind of sense does this make?

And since there are "Holy Spirits" what about the "Evil Spirits";

1Sam.18

[10] And it came to pass on the morrow, that the evil spirit from God came upon Saul, and he prophesied in the midst of the house: and David played with his hand, as at other times: and there was a javelin in Saul's hand.

Judg.9

[23] Then God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the men of Shechem; and the men of Shechem dealt treacherously with Abimelech:

So God sends "Holy Spirits" and "Evil Spirits"? Are they all God's too?

Please explain how ALL of these "Spirits", ALL from God, fit into the trinity theory!

While you are attempting to prove that, with scripture, here is something a tad easier to understand. Let’s read what God’s word has to say about His spirits.

Heb.1

[7] And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

So Angels are spirits made by God. ALL angels are spirits made by God. The difference between "Holy Spirits" and "Evil Spirits" is that evil spirits are all those that sided with Satan and Holy Spirits did not.

And what of the following scripture;

1John.5

[7] For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Just how are they all one? Let's read how Jesus Christ explains it to us;

John.17

[1] These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

[5] And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Again we see from reading above Jesus (God) SHARING the Glory with the Father (God), even before the world. Let's continue;

[11] And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

So the Son is ONE with the Father AND all those that the Father has given the Son are ALSO ONE! Let's read more;

[17] Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

[18] As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

[19] And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

So the ones that God sent to Jesus are separated, or sanctified, by His word, the Holy scriptures. Let's read who else is sanctified by the word and made ONE with God;

[20] Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

[21] That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

So now we read that EVERYONE that believes in the word/scriptures and brings the SAME message are ONE, just as the Father and the Son are ONE! Now let's read who brings the message of God;

John.14

[16] And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

[26] But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John.15

[26] But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John.16

[13] Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

So the Comforter, also called the Spirit of Truth and the Holy Ghost, or Holy Spirit, brings ONLY what was given to him. So if the Holy Spirit/Comforter/Holy Ghost/Spirit of Truth brings the same message, he too is ONE with everyone that does the same.

So now when we read the following, "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." it is much clearer.

This scripture IS NOT saying all (3) form into one, or that the Father is for one dispensation and the Son and the Holy Spirit for another. Nor does it mention anything about them being from the same substance or any nonsense like that.

The scripture simply means that EACH one of them, ALL (3), have and bring the SAME message.

You will find throughout the scriptures, that God's Holy Spirits speak and act with the authority of God, but they are NOT God!

More scriptures

Gen.22

[11] And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.
[12] And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.
[15] And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time,
[16] And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:
[17] That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
[18] And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

So here the angel spoke with all of the authority of God!

Isa.63
[9] In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.

So we find an ANGEL saving the nation of Israel. Let's see when this happened;

[10] But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.
[11] Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?
[12] That led them by the right hand of Moses with his glorious arm, dividing the water before them, to make himself an everlasting name?
[13] That led them through the deep, as an horse in the wilderness, that they should not stumble?

So the period of time being spoken of here is when the Angel of the Lord, a HOLY SPIRIT, looked over and protected the nation of Israel while they were in the wilderness. Let's continue;

[14] As a beast goeth down into the valley, the Spirit of the LORD caused him to rest: so didst thou lead thy people, to make thyself a glorious name.

So the Holy Spirit we find, in this case, is the one that followed the nation while in the wilderness.

So the HOLY SPIRIT is one of the many Holy Angels of the Lord. Let's read the actual account above;

Exod.23
[20] Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.
[21] Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him.
[22] But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries.
[23] For mine Angel shall go before thee, and bring thee in unto the Amorites, and the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites: and I will cut them off.

So now we see that the Holy Spirit spoken of in Isa. was actually one of God's Holy Angels. Let's read more about God's 'Holy Spirit', or 'Holy Angel', as he is sometimes called;

Exod.3
[2] And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.

[4] And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.
[5] And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.
[6] Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

So the angel spoke as if he were the Lord. Let’s read more;

Num.22

[35] And the angel of the LORD said unto Balaam, Go with the men: but only the word that I shall speak unto thee, that thou shalt speak. So Balaam went with the princes of Balak.

Now let’s read who Balaam said gave him the words to speak;

[38] And Balaam said unto Balak, Lo, I am come unto thee: have I now any power at all to say any thing? the word that God putteth in my mouth, that shall I speak.

Even though the angel of the Lord gave Balaam the words to say, Balaam said it was the Lord that put the words in his mouth.

Above we see the 'angel of the Lord' speaking in the place of God. We can see this done many times in the bible.

Judg.2
[1] And an angel of the LORD came up from Gilgal to Bochim, and said, I made you to go up out of Egypt, and have brought you unto the land which I sware unto your fathers; and I said, I will never break my covenant with you.

Again, the angel, 'Holy Spirit' is talking as though he was the one that made the covenant, though we know it was really Jesus, as we learned from the lesson, the angel still spoke as if it were he that made the agreement with the nation of Israel.

2Kgs.19
[35] And it came to pass that night, that the angel of the LORD went out, and smote in the camp of the Assyrians an hundred fourscore and five thousand: and when they arose early in the morning, behold, they were all dead corpses.

Now let's look to see what the NT has to say about this 'Holy Angel';

Mark.12
[36] For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The Lord said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

So now we see that what was known as the 'Angel of God', 'Holy Angel'. 'Angel of the Lord', is sometimes called the "Holy Ghost'. Let's read more;

Mark.13
[11] But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

Luke.2
[26] And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.

Luke.12
[12] For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.

John.14
[26] But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Acts.13
[2] As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.
[4] So they, being sent forth by the Holy Ghost, departed unto Seleucia; and from thence they sailed to Cyprus.

2Pet.1
[21] For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

So this same Holy Ghost in the NT was what was speaking to the prophets in the OT! Let's look at just a few more;

1John.5
[7] For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

So there are THREE that bear record! But is the 'Holy Ghost' God? Not from what we have read thus far. Here is one more;

Rev.1
[1] The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

So God the Father gave the message to Jesus. Jesus, in turn gave the message to an Angel, an Holy Angel no doubt. And the Holy Angle gave the message to John.

So.......do I believe in God's Holy Spirit? Of course. He's been around for a very long time. Do I believe God's Holy Spirit in anything other than an Angel? How can I, when we have just read so many scriptures saying that is what he is....an HOLY ANGEL…..NOT A GOD!

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Galatians 4:6
And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!”

John 4

22 You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Blessings!

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Please direct me to the book, chapter and verse that says the Holy spirit is a God.

-- Please note Angelica that whenever Eccl demands something to prove him wrong, and he gets that answer quickly, he throws a blizzard of scripture having nothing to do with the topic he started, to change the subject.

So.......do I believe in God's Holy Spirit? Of course. He's been around for a very long time. Do I believe God's Holy Spirit in anything other than an Angel? How can I, when we have just read so many scriptures saying that is what he is....an HOLY ANGEL…..NOT A GOD!

-- Your turn Eccl. Please provide "book, chapter and verse" that says the Holy Spirit is nothing more than a holy angel.

Because the Bible says that an angel told Mary that she would be with child, but she conceived by the Holy Spirit. If you are correct than God isn't the father of Jesus......one of His angels is.

Reactions: WhiteKnuckle

Aug 28, 2010
Because the Bible says that an angel told Mary that she would be with child, but she conceived by the Holy Spirit. If you are correct than God isn't the father of Jesus......one of His angels is.

And what is the problem with that?

God told one of His Holy Angels to impregnate Mary. Where is the problem?

If man can do it, is it too far of a stretch for God?

Your turn Eccl. Please provide "book, chapter and verse" that says the Holy Spirit is nothing more than a holy angel.

Isa.63
[9] In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.

So we find an ANGEL saving the nation of Israel. Let's see when this happened;

[10] But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.
[11] Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?
[12] That led them by the right hand of Moses with his glorious arm, dividing the water before them, to make himself an everlasting name?
[13] That led them through the deep, as an horse in the wilderness, that they should not stumble?

So the period of time being spoken of here is when the Angel of the Lord, a HOLY angel in this case and NOT an evil angel, looked over and protected the nation of Israel while they were in the wilderness.

So.....what was called an "angel" in one verse was called an "holy Spirit" in another.

Now if you can provide the Book, Chap and verse that states the Holy Ghost/Spirit is a God, that would be great.

martinlawrencescott

Servant Prince
Apr 6, 2011
Ventura, California
Logically, I still don't understand the contrary. God is and always was. Whatever/whomever always is and always was is God. If the Holy Spirit and/or Jesus are created beings, then at one point before everything else was made, God was alone. If the Holy Spirit/Jesus are not God, then they are created. But creation is an extension of God's character, and nothing can be made apart from God (however it can be perverted by sin). The fact that there is such a thing as relationship in this universe, proves that relationship was a part of the character of God before creation. Does that strike a cord/chord in anyone? Chord, because just think of music, 1,3,5 arpeggios, chords, the three part harmony of God. How humans are composed of body, soul, and spirit. His character has been revealed in His creation.

-Think of how when a three part harmony is played or sung. Each part is played by a different instrument, individual, or note or key, but all form one chord. Three parts form one whole, and each part of the chord is individual yet compliments the other parts perfectly. The 1 has it's position, and so does the 3 and the 5. The 1 (base of the chord) is where the other two find their positions and rest. Each can be separated into individual parts and still sound good on their own, but together, there is harmony and a pleasing sound is made.

Aug 28, 2010
God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

God is a spirit. Angels are spirits. These are simply types of beings. We are flesh. You have spirit beings and you have flesh beings.

1 Cor. 15
[39] All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.

But ALL are flesh. But this flesh will become spirit...

[42] So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
[43] It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
[44] It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

There are ONLY two types of bodies....

[45] And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
[46] Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
[48] As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

And who was born heavenly? Who were made spirits from the beginning?

Heb.1
[7] And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

The Angels were made spirits from the start.

And so will we become.

1 Cor. 15
[49] And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
How do we know the Holy Spirit is God? Because He has divine attributes....

the Holy Spirit is eternal...................Heb 9:14
the Holy Spirit is omnipresent.........Ps 139:7-10
the Holy Spirit is omniscient.............1 Cor 2:10-11
the Holy Spirit is omnipotent.............Luke 1:35-37
the Holy Spirit is holy........................Rom 1:4

These are unique characteristic of God....the angels and 'spirit's don't have them.

Aug 28, 2010
How do we know the Holy Spirit is God? Because He has divine attributes....

the Holy Spirit is eternal...................Heb 9:14
the Holy Spirit is omnipresent.........Ps 139:7-10
the Holy Spirit is omniscient.............1 Cor 2:10-11
the Holy Spirit is omnipotent.............Luke 1:35-37
the Holy Spirit is holy........................Rom 1:4

These are unique characteristic of God....the angels and 'spirit's don't have them.

And what of the (7) Spirits of God? Just how do they fit into man's equation?

And angels ARE spirits!

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia

And what of the (7) Spirits of God? Just how do they fit into man's equation?

And angels ARE spirits!

Mate, it doesn't matter if angels are spirits or have them or whatever....totally not the point.
7 Spirits of God? dunno, I'm not talking of the 7 spirits, I'm talking about the Holy Spirit.
And undeniably the Holy Spirit has attributes that only God the Father and also God the Son have. So, a bit of a no brainer here. Go ahead and argue if you want, but you're only butting head with scripture and God Himself. I think He's up to it.

Aug 28, 2010
7 Spirits of God? dunno, I'm not talking of the 7 spirits, I'm talking about the Holy Spirit.

Are you saying there is only ONE Holy Spirit?

God's word speaks of (7) Spirits of God that are before His throne. If they are at God's throne they surly cannot be evil Spirits. So what of these (7) Spirits of God. Do you not know of them?

And what of the Evil Spirit from God?

All spirits are of God, all do His bidding. But NONE of them are God's, holy or evil.

Spirits is just another term used to indicate a type of being. There are 'spirit' beings, and there are 'flesh' beings.

One day ALL will be 'spirit' beings.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009

God's word speaks of (7) Spirits of God that are before His throne. If they are at God's throne they surly cannot be evil Spirits. So what of these (7) Spirits of God. Do you not know of them?

All spirits are of God, all do His bidding. But NONE of them are God's, holy or evil.

Spirits is just another term used to indicate a type of being. There are 'spirit' beings, and there are 'flesh' beings.

I normally don't say this,,,

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Seriously, none at all. None of this makes sense. You have absolutely no comprehensive abilities when it comes to reading. Have you been blinded that much? You can't see what the Bible says plainly and clearly?

Matt 12:31

Yet again, summed up in one single verse.

Aug 28, 2010
You can't see what the Bible says plainly and clearly?

What? That there is a God the Holy Ghost? The answer is No! I cannot see it. It is NOT suppoted by scriptures!

Answer me this....

If they are ONE, how can the Son judge WITHOUT the Father and the Holy Ghost?
"For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:"

If they are ONE, how can the Father know the time and the hour, but NOT the Holy Spirit or the Son?
"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father."

If they are ONE, how can you blaspheme against the Holy Spirit and not the Father or Son?
"And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven."

If they are ONE, who is it that Jesus prays to in the garden before His death?
"And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."

If they are ONE, who was God while Jesus was dead for 3 days and 3 nights?
"For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."

If they are ONE, who raised Jesus from the dead?
"Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole."

If you would like to hear from Jesus own words how He tells us that He, the Father, the Holy Spirit and ALL that come with the same message are really one, then read John 17....now THAT sums it up.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gee, I've only opened a Bible Jan 2006 -- I have alot to study on this thread.
I'm following what each poster is saying - including the logic and verses of yours Eccl 12:13.

There's alot to take in. So count me in as a reader here - but not knowledgeable enough to contribute.
:) Miss Hepburn

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia

Dodge much?? You do the most heavy handed misdirection I've ever come across.

How do you reply to the fact that the Bible tells us that the Holy Spirit has the same characteristics as God the Father??

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
The seven Spirits
1:The Spirit of the LORD will rest on Him,
2 &3: The spirit of wisdom and understanding,
4 & 5 :The spirit of counsel and strength,
6 & 7:The spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD.

Spirit of God

At the beginning of creation, the Spirit of God hovered over the waters (Gen. 1:3). Elihu acknowledged to Job that the Spirit of God had made him and was the source of his life (Job 33:4). The animals were created when God sent out His "breath" (Ps. 104:30 NRSV note).

The Spirit of God is present everywhere. The psalmist sensed that no matter where he was, God's Spirit was there (Ps. 139:7). The Pharoah saw the Spirit of God in Joseph (Gen. 41:38). Moses realized that the Spirit of God was on him, and he desired that God's Spirit be on all of His people (Num 11:29). During the period of the Judges, the Spirit of the Lord came to individuals and empowered them to accomplish specific tasks (Judg. 3:10; 6:34; 11:29; 13:25; 14:6; 14:19). When Samuel, the last of the judges, annointed Saul, Israel's first king, he told Saul that the Spirit of the Lord would come upon him. The result was that Saul prophesied and was changed into a different person (1 Sam. 10:6). Later, the Spirit departed from Saul (1 Sam. 16:14). Likewise, the Spirit came upon David when Samuel annointed him (1 Sam. 16:13). In his last words, David said that the Spirit of the Lord had spoken through him (2 Sam. 23:2).

Isaiah spoke of one who is to come from the line of Jesse, one on whom the Spirit of the Lord would rest. This person would have the Spirit of wisdom, understanding, counsel, power, knowledge, and the fear of the Lord (Isa. 11:1-3). Ezekiel prophesied that God would put His Spirit within His people, removing from them hearts of stone and putting within them hearts of flesh that would be obedient to God's way (Ezek. 36:26-27).

Hope that helps....Quickverse

Aug 28, 2010
Dodge much?? You do the most heavy handed misdirection I've ever come across.

How do you reply to the fact that the Bible tells us that the Holy Spirit has the same characteristics as God the Father??

And why shouldn't they? They are sent by God to do His will. His Holy Spirits SHOULD have the same characteristics. But you will NEVER find anywhere in the bible that they are GOD's.

God and angels are 'spirit' beings! If you took the time to fully read the lesson you will see that angels, at times, and with the authority of God, sometimes speak and act as if they were God Himself, but they are yet ministering spirit beings, made by God to do His will.

Just as evil spirits. They too do the will of God.

Now.....what of the questions presented to you?

Care to answer, or 'dodge'?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
And what is the problem with that?

God told one of His Holy Angels to impregnate Mary. Where is the problem?

If man can do it, is it too far of a stretch for God?

Are you serious?

If the Father and Son are God, why not the Holy Spirit?

Matthew 28:19 (ESV)

[sup]19 [/sup]Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Aug 28, 2010
Ezekiel prophesied that God would put His Spirit within His people, removing from them hearts of stone and putting within them hearts of flesh that would be obedient to God's way (Ezek. 36:26-27).

This is true. We have that spirit with us today. Let's read where it can be found.....

John 6
[32] Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.
[33] For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
[34] Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.

Now let's learn of this bread that Jesus gives....

[35] And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

So is Jesus telling them they should eat Him? Let's read......

[38] For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
[41] The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven.

This does not make sense to them so He continues.......

[47] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
[48] I am that bread of life.
[49] Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
[50] This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
[51] I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Again Jesus test them to see if they will get it......but do they?

[52] The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?

They just were not getting it. Jesus gives them one more chance.....

[53] Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
[54] Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
[55] For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
[56] He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
[57] As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
[58] This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
[59] These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.
[60] Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?

Finally Jesus tells them what it is He is trying to rely......

[61] When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?
[63] It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

It is the WORDS that we now have that are spirit. Jesus WORDS ARE SPIRIT!

And what are the words of Jesus?

"But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."
"And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God."

Everything from Gen. to Rev.
God the Father gives His word to God the Son, who in turns gives it to the Holy Spirit, who in turns give the same word to man, who in turn wrote those same words and put it all in a book we call the bible.

To blaspheme against the Holy Spirit it to go against the words that are found in the bible.

pilgrimjo

May 10, 2011
The doctrine of the Holy Trinity is held by most mainline churches and I would think by those in authority here on this board. With our minds it is, however, difficult to grasp how God can be three persons in one Divine Being (Father, Son, and Spirit) and, in essence is, like most profound truths--a matter of faith. It involves an accent in belief which supercedes logical arguments.

There are many scriptures to sustain God as Holy Spirit or the Spirit of God and from which this doctrine has been formed. A quick search in google will show you more than we can ever quote here. I trust that the Trinity concept has endured for centuries for good reason and is of God.. I thank God for the unity of believers it brings..and the vastness of God it implies. :)