God's ALL-Sufficient BLOOD!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend(s):

It is truly astounding to see how so many who call themselves Christians do not have a proper understanding of the atoning work of Christ, even though it is the very basis of our salvation. Thus we have multiple heresies about what the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished in His death burial and resurrection. Therefore Christians should look at the Scriptures which reveal the meaning of the Atonement.

CHRIST BY HIMSELF FULLY PAID FOR OUR SINS
[REFUTES THE INVOLVEMENT OF MARY]
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high (Heb 1:3).

CHRIST'S FINISHED WORK IS A GREAT SALVATION

[REFUTES ALL FALSE RELIGIONS]
How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him (Heb 2:3)

CHRIST TASTED DEATH FOR EVERY MAN

[REFUTES CALVINISTIC UNCONDITIONAL ELECTION]
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.(Heb 2:9)

CHRIST SUFFERED FOR OUR SINS

[REFUTES OPPOSITION TO PENAL SUBSTITUTION]
For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. (Heb 2:10)

CHRIST DESTROYED THE POWER OF DEATH AND THE DEVIL
[REFUTES LIBERALISM]
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil (Heb 2:14)

CHRISTIANS ARE MADE PARTAKERS OF CHRIST

[REFUTES MERE PROFESSION]
For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end (Heb 3:14)

CHRISTIANS CAN NOW COME BOLDLY TO THE THRONE OF GRACE
[REFUTES A HUMAN CLERICAL PRIESTHOOD]
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. (Heb 4:16) Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; And having an high priest over the house of God; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. (Heb 10:19-22)

CHRIST IS THE AUTHOR OF ETERNAL SALVATION TO THOSE WHO OBEY HIM

[REFUTES UNIVERSALISM]
And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him (Heb 5:9)

CHRIST IS THE ANCHOR OF OUR SOULS

[REFUTES LOSS OF SALVATION]
Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. (Heb 6:19,20)

CHRIST IS THE SURETY OF A BETTER TESTAMENT
[REFUTES RETURNING TO TORAH OBSERVANCE]
By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament. And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death: But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood. (Heb 7:22-24)

CHRIST SAVES US TO THE UTTERMOST

[ENSURES THE ETERNAL SECURITY OF THE BELIEVER]
Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. (Heb 7:25)

CHRIST IS NOW SEATED AT THE RIGHT HAND OF THE THRONE OF GOD
[ENSURES THE HEAVENLY MINISTRY OF CHRIST]
Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens (Heb 8:1) Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Heb 12:2)

THE BLOOD OF CHRIST CLEANSES OUR CONSCIENCE

[ENSURES SUPERNATURAL SALVATION]
How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? (Heb 9:14)

CHRIST IS THE MEDIATOR OF THE NEW COVENANT
[REFUTES MARY AS MEDIATRIX]
And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. (Heb 9:15)

CHRIST WAS OFFERED AS A SACRIFICE ONLY ONCE AND THAT IS SUFFICIENT

[REFUTES THE CATHOLIC MASS]
So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation. (Heb 9:28) By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. (Heb 10:10-13)

{Credit to Precious friend Nehemiah6 from another chat forum}

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend(s):

It is truly astounding to see how so many who call themselves Christians do not have a proper understanding of the atoning work of Christ, even though it is the very basis of our salvation. Thus we have multiple heresies about what the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished in His death burial and resurrection. Therefore Christians should look at the Scriptures which reveal the meaning of the Atonement.

CHRIST BY HIMSELF FULLY PAID FOR OUR SINS
[REFUTES THE INVOLVEMENT OF MARY]
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high (Heb 1:3).

CHRIST'S FINISHED WORK IS A GREAT SALVATION

[REFUTES ALL FALSE RELIGIONS]
How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him (Heb 2:3)

CHRIST TASTED DEATH FOR EVERY MAN

[REFUTES CALVINISTIC UNCONDITIONAL ELECTION]
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.(Heb 2:9)

CHRIST SUFFERED FOR OUR SINS

[REFUTES OPPOSITION TO PENAL SUBSTITUTION]
For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. (Heb 2:10)

CHRIST DESTROYED THE POWER OF DEATH AND THE DEVIL
[REFUTES LIBERALISM]
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil (Heb 2:14)

CHRISTIANS ARE MADE PARTAKERS OF CHRIST

[REFUTES MERE PROFESSION]
For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end (Heb 3:14)

CHRISTIANS CAN NOW COME BOLDLY TO THE THRONE OF GRACE
[REFUTES A HUMAN CLERICAL PRIESTHOOD]
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. (Heb 4:16) Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; And having an high priest over the house of God; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. (Heb 10:19-22)

CHRIST IS THE AUTHOR OF ETERNAL SALVATION TO THOSE WHO OBEY HIM

[REFUTES UNIVERSALISM]
And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him (Heb 5:9)

CHRIST IS THE ANCHOR OF OUR SOULS

[REFUTES LOSS OF SALVATION]
Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. (Heb 6:19,20)

CHRIST IS THE SURETY OF A BETTER TESTAMENT
[REFUTES RETURNING TO TORAH OBSERVANCE]
By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament. And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death: But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood. (Heb 7:22-24)

CHRIST SAVES US TO THE UTTERMOST

[ENSURES THE ETERNAL SECURITY OF THE BELIEVER]
Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. (Heb 7:25)

CHRIST IS NOW SEATED AT THE RIGHT HAND OF THE THRONE OF GOD
[ENSURES THE HEAVENLY MINISTRY OF CHRIST]
Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens (Heb 8:1) Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Heb 12:2)

THE BLOOD OF CHRIST CLEANSES OUR CONSCIENCE

[ENSURES SUPERNATURAL SALVATION]
How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? (Heb 9:14)

CHRIST IS THE MEDIATOR OF THE NEW COVENANT
[REFUTES MARY AS MEDIATRIX]
And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. (Heb 9:15)

CHRIST WAS OFFERED AS A SACRIFICE ONLY ONCE AND THAT IS SUFFICIENT

[REFUTES THE CATHOLIC MASS]
So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation. (Heb 9:28) By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. (Heb 10:10-13)

{Credit to Precious friend Nehemiah6 from another chat forum}

I agree, many do not understand it, although it is very easy to understand when one knows God's simple law of sacrifice. We are told at Rom 5:12 that we lost our lives because of Adam's sin, and that 1 Cor 15:22 that all will be made alive because of Christ's sacrifice. But still another thing is needed sir, one has to choose life, and live by the rules and regulations of the new covenant in which Jesus as you stated is the mediator of.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But still another thing is needed sir, one has to choose life, and live by the rules and regulations of the new covenant in which Jesus as you stated is the mediator of.
Precious friend, IF "another thing is needed," Then The ALL-SUFFICIENT BLOOD
Is Incorrect, and Is Insufficient, and "CHRIST Died In Vain!" Sorry not true,
"Without the Shedding Of BLOOD, There Is NO remission of sin!"

Please Prayerfully And Carefully review the Next Two Posts On:
PENAL SUBSTITUTION!

Be Blessed!

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CHRIST’s FULL Sacrifice

PART I

Christians will find many articles or writings which allege that Penal Substitution as applied to the finished work of Christ is a “theory”, and one among many. They will also allege that this is purely a Reformed doctrine, and that the Reformers came up with this teaching, rather than it being a Bible and Gospel truth, which all Bible-believing Christians accept (including Non-Calvinists).

But Penal Substitution is not a theory. It is Gospel Truth. And we do not need to look at the writings of the Early Church Fathers (or any so-called scholars or theologians) to see if they had a correct understanding of Bible truth. Sometimes they did, and sometimes they did not. And they certainly did not write by Divine inspiration.

WHAT DOES PENAL SUBSTITUTION MEAN?
Theopedia provides us with a satisfactory summary of the meaning of penal substitution.
Penal substitutionary atonement refers to the doctrine that Christ died on the cross as a substitute for sinners. God imputed the guilt of our sins to Christ, and he, in our place, bore the punishment that we deserve. This was a full payment for sins, which satisfied both the wrath and the righteousness of God, so that He could forgive sinners without compromising His own holy standard.”

The word “penal” is related to penalty, particularly crimes committed by criminals. But it is also applicable to sins committed by sinners. There is a penalty for every crime or infraction of the laws of the land. And there is also a divine penalty for every sin committed. We see divine penalties applied in the Flood of Noah’s day as well as the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah (among other cities and nations in the Bible).

The word “substitution” simply means that someone other than the criminal or the sinner has been punished for the crime or sin committed. It would be similar to having two brothers in a court of law where one of them has been convicted of being a murderer. The other brother would approach the judge and ask that the death penalty be applied to him, so that his guilty brother can go free. The penalty would not change, but the one who paid the penalty would have been substituted. And the demands of justice would have been met.

GOD IS THE ULTIMATE RIGHTEOUS JUDGE
God has many attributes and many offices. One of them is that God is the Divine Judge of all humanity. There are numerous Scriptures which proclaim that God is the Divine Judge, and that all His judgments are righteous.

And the heavens shall declare His righteousness: for God is Judge Himself. Selah. (Ps 50:6)
But God is the Judge: He putteth down one, and setteth up another. (Ps 75:7) Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the Righteous Judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love His appearing. (2 Tim 4:8) Here Christ is the Judge, and indeed God the Father has handed over all judgment to Christ: Because He hath appointed a day, in the which He will judge the world in righteousness by that Man whom He hath ordained; whereof He hath given assurance unto all men, in that He hath raised Him from the dead. (Acts_17:31)

THE PENALTY FOR SINS AND WICKEDNESS IS DIVINE WRATH
Throughout Scripture we see that Christ was indeed the perfect and only substitute for all mankind. “Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures” (1 Cor 15:3). Had there been no cross, every sinner (all humanity) would be judged as guilty of death. And that would include the first (or physical) death as well as the second (or spiritual and eternal) death, which is separation from God in the Lake of Fire, and which expresses the wrath of God against sin.

For those who do not understand (or believe) that it is wrath, we have these Scriptures: He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. (John_3:36)

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness...Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them...But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile. (Rom 1:18,32; 2:8,9)

And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: (Rev 14:9,10)

to be continued...

Last edited:

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CHRIST’s FULL Sacrifice

PART II

THE LAMB OF GOD TOOK UPON HIMSELF THE WRATH OF GOD
When Christians reflect upon the sufferings of Christ on the cross, they often focus on the physical pain and excruciating agony of that cross (the worst form of Roman punishment). But God would have us focus on the anguish within the soul of Christ while He bore the wrath of God within Himself. While the word “wrath” does not appear in the Gospel accounts of the crucifixion of Christ, we must be clear that that is what was applied to Christ. But it is indicated indirectly in both the Old and New Testaments. And we have other Scriptures which present the agony within the soul and spirit of Christ while He hung on that cross. The Messianic Psalms may have a double application.

TOTAL DARKNESS PREVENTED MEN FROM SEEING THE AGONY OF CHRIST
Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour...And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour. And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.(Mt 27:45; Lk 23:44,45) As many were astonied [astonished] at thee; His visage was so marred more than any man, and His form more than the sons of men: (Isa 52:14)

THE FATHER TEMPORARILY FORSOOK THE SON IN HIS WRATH
And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? (Mt 27:46) My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? (Ps 22:1)

CHRIST’S HEART “MELTED LIKE WAX” IN INTENSE AGONY
I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.[internal parts or organs] (Ps 22:14) Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none. (Ps 69:20)

THE “TERRORS OF DEATH” FELL UPON CHRIST, HORROR OVERWHELMED HIM
My heart is sore pained within me: and the terrors of death are fallen upon me. Fearfulness and trembling are come upon me, and horror hath overwhelmed me. (Ps 55:4,5) I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing: I am come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me. (Ps 69:2) Let not the waterflood overflow me, neither let the deep swallow me up, and let not the pit shut her mouth upon me. (Ps 69:15) The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow. (Ps 116:3)

CHRIST’S SOUL WAS PIERCED WITH “A SWORD” (THE WRATH OF GOD)
Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling [my precious life] from the power of the dog.[figurative for Gentile enemies] (Ps 22:20) For I have eaten ashes like bread, and mingled my drink with weeping, Because of thine indignation and thy wrath: for thou hast lifted me up, and cast me down. (Ps 102:9,10) Awake, O sword, against my Shepherd, and against the Man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the Shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones. (Zech 13:7)

CHRIST WAS SMITTEN BY GOD AND AFFLICTED
For they persecute Him whom thou hast smitten; and they talk to the grief of those whom thou hast wounded. (Ps 69:26) Surely He hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. (Isa 53:4)

CHRIST BORE THE PUNISHMENT FOR OUR PEACE
But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed.(Isa 53:5)

CHRIST PAID THE PENALTY FOR OUR SINS AND OUR GUILT
All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on Him the iniquity of us all. (Isa 53:6) He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare His generation? for He was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was He stricken. (Isa 53:8)

CHRIST MADE HIS SOUL AN OFFERING FOR SIN
Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors. (Isa 53:10-12)

{credit to Nehemiah6 from another chat forum}

All Thanks Be Unto God For HIS ALL-SUFFICIENT SACRIFICE! Amen?
God's Simple Will!

Precious friends, Please Be Very Richly Encouraged, Enlightened,
Exhorted, And Edified In CHRIST And HIS Word Of Truth!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Zao is life

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW... and WOW.... @GRACE ambassador ... YOU are true to your name... What a breath of fresh air your words are.
Addy, you are Such a Very Precious friend. Very Encouraging. Most are so busy
"biting and devouring one another," But you and I "Rejoice In The LORD Always"
now on earth AND, "continuing Into HIS Great GloryLand!" Amen?

Thanks so much for your "words, which are also a breath of FRESH air!" :)