God's calling help

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

scarin

Sep 12, 2014
A few years back, as I was praying I got a slight call to preach, more of a feeling than anything, very quiet. It has been hanging around the edge of my spirit since then. Recently, I got a much stronger message backed up with scriptural messages to preach. Accompanying these, and the revelation through prayer and the word, was a knowledge of this being a traveling ministry call. Praying again, I was led to the different gifts given to the church, and almost as if highlighted, the evangelist part stood out on the page.

I have a problem with the travelling aspect of this call. I have, since I was a kid(approximately 30 years now), prayed to settle down and not be moving around all the time(the knowledge of the call also came with a clear message that I would NOT be settling down into a singular home). I am having trouble because one of the desires of my heart has been to settle down and live in one place basically until I die. Additionally, one of the things I have prayed to NOT happen is a travelling, or nomadic, lifestyle. My current job involves travelling a lot and I am truly tired of travelling. The preaching part isn't giving me a problem, but the travelling part is really hampering any enthusiasm I have for this call.

I guess I need some help making that leap, because basically this is God telling me, "No, you will not have your dream, but the exact thing you've prayed against for a long time is my plan for your life." I have seen numerous sites and sermons etc that basically just say you have to step out in faith and trust, but this situation is making that extremely difficult. Any help out there?

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Scarin, I don't know if my input will be of any help or not but I'll try. First, do you have the education to be accepted as an evangelist? Do you have a specific point of view that separates you from other evangelists? It's not usually as simple as knocking on a church's door and saying, "Hi, I'm an evangelist, can I preach at your church?" If you have a "calling" than some type of spiritual gift usually accompanies that calling and that should allow you to know around what area, besides the general gospel, that you should focus on.

If it's truly a "calling" and you obey God and follow that calling than you will receive joy and a peace that surpasseth all understanding by knowing that you are in God's will. That will help you to come to terms with the aspects of the ministry you don't like, like traveling. Do you really believe you wouldn't get enough satisfaction from seeing souls saved as a result of the words God gives you to speak that wouldn't make all the sacrifices worth while?