'God's hands'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Received this email today just wanted to share it
ptl.gif
Cara sent this out, it is called: 'God's hands'.?
partingthesky.jpg
I took this picture on Hwy 30, traveling to London , KY. It has given me strength in the times of trouble.. I feel I should share it with the rest of the world. I hope it is an inspiration to you. It just goes to show what we already know....We have a God and he's watching over us. I e-mailed this picture to News Channel 36. I was contacted by Meteorologist John James. He said that this picture of the sky is showing up, in all states, around the world. He wanted to know where I was from and where I took it. He saw a similar picture taken in Texas . He said this is amazing to him. Would you look at this picture? It reminds me of that song 'He's got the whole word in his hands'. He is definitely in control. I needed this today more than ever. Enjoy and pass it along!

gumby

May 29, 2009
This is a very inspiring picture, nature is one of the many ways that god shows his love for us :)

The Barbarian

Sep 13, 2009
When He finally does appear in the skies, it will be a lot more impressive than a photoshopped pair of hands.

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
4Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.The Israelites saw the cloud in the shape of a calf and built a statue out of gold to worship as god. Thinking the shape of the cloud looking like a bull meant God looked that.God is a Spirit as John 4:22-24 shows.There is no power or hope and it does not reflect love for God to think such a thing is the hands of God.:confused:If we know our God, surely being alive to God in the Spirit, means we are not lured away to such false hope and outside signs?Saddened to think our Lord died to make us alive to our Fathers presence and any one of us could draw hope from a cloud shaped into hands having seen what happened to the Israelites. Gods power and being is reflected in that he created all things. But God is not that which is created for he was not created.I am sorry if I offend you but that is not my intention.Our God is a great God and he does not deserve our attention and praise being drawn away to a false image.Love in Jesus, Faithful....:)

The Barbarian

Sep 13, 2009
Apparently, the fellow who did this, clearly indicated that it was a gag, not meant to mislead or to mock God. Someone then took it and sent it out as the real thing.(Barbarian shakes head)

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll bite.
The Israelites saw the cloud in the shape of a calf and built a statue out of gold to worship as god. Thinking the shape of the cloud looking like a bull meant God looked that.
The key word there being worshiped. Unfortunately this is a fake image. However, there are acts that folks see God in all of the time. The language of the Bible is filled with earthly manifestations of the Father; ie, the burning bush. There is no issue with people seeing God in certain things, and trying to argue otherwise is not the way to go about it.
Philippians 4:8Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
It's where our mind is that counts. No one, and absolutely no one, is fit to make that judgment call other than God himself. So attempting to condemn something in every case because one person might see a manifestation of God just doesn't hold. It only breaks down when the line of actually worshiping that thing is crossed.