God's Open Doors

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wednesday 2-21-24 4th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Adar 10 5784 63rd. Winter Day

Today's Devotional

Read: Revelation 3:7–11 | Bible in a Year: Numbers 1–3; Mark 3

Download MP3
Subscribe to iTunes

See, I have placed before you an open door. Revelation 3:8

At my new school near a large city, the guidance counselor took one look at me and placed me in the lowest performing English composition class. I’d arrived from my inner-city school with outstanding test scores, excellent grades, and even a principal’s award for my writing.

The door to the “best” writing class in my new school was closed to me, however, when the counselor decided I wasn’t right or ready.

The church in ancient Philadelphia would’ve understood such arbitrary setbacks. A small and humble church, its city had suffered earthquakes in recent years that left lasting damage. Additionally, they faced satanic opposition (Revelation 3:9).

Such a disregarded church had “little strength, yet,” as the risen Jesus noted, “you have kept my word and have not denied my name” (v. 8). Therefore, God placed before them “an open door that no one can shut” (v. 8). Indeed, “what he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open” (v. 7).

That’s true for our ministry efforts. Some doors don’t open. With my writing for God, however, He has indeed opened doors, allowing it to reach a global audience, regardless of one counselor’s closed attitudes. Closed doors won’t hinder you either. “I am the door,” Jesus said (John 10:9 kjv). Let’s enter the doors He opens and follow Him.

What doors has God opened for you? How does your ministry and life flourish when you wait for His openings?
When doors close to me, dear God, may I turn to You, the Holy Door, and walk where and how You say to go.

INSIGHT​

In Revelation 2-3, Christ is the speaker in the seven letters to the churches in Asia Minor (modern-day Turkey). The letter to Philadelphia is the sixth letter and the second to refer to the “synagogue of Satan” (3:9). The first instance occurs in the letter to Smyrna (modern Izmir) (2:9).

Both usages define this “synagogue” as those “who say they are Jews and are not” (v. 9). What does this mean? These are Jews who opposed the first-century believers in Jesus and who claimed that the kingdom of God belonged exclusively to Israel.

However, the apostle Paul wrote, “God does not show favoritism [between Jew and Gentile]” (Romans 2:11). He explained, “A person is not a Jew who is one only outwardly [that is, by keeping the law] . . . . No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; . . . [marked] by the Spirit, not by the written code” (vv. 28-29).

By Patricia Raybon|February 21st, 2024

Christ, Person/Work Revelation 3:7-11

7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Read full chapter

Love, Walter And Debbie

Reactions: Nancy